PDA

View Full Version : "Private" A380

Seloco
5th Jun 2009, 16:30
Several of yesterday's UK media included an item concerning an A380 being built for an unspecified ME Royal Family that included a number of innovative design features, including (according to the accompanying drawings) a passenger elevator that descended from the underside of the aircraft, and a rear fuselage loading ramp to allow the garaging of the royal limousine in the aft cargo bay.

Assuming that this report is even vaguely correct, it implies some rather significant structural changes to the aircraft relative to its current airline configuration. It's hard to believe that these are going to be designed, built and certified just for a single example. Does anyone out there in PPRuNeland know whether this report is genuine and, if so, just how much change the A380 requires to allow such innovations?

kwachon
6th Jun 2009, 03:53
Absolutely true...Look up "Kingdom" and see what the fleet is so far!

toolowtoofast
6th Jun 2009, 06:39
if you can afford a private 380, i'd say you have enough discretionary income to have some mods done to it.

according to Forbes, his net worth is $21 Billion. more than enough.

JB007
6th Jun 2009, 07:03
Rumour control says it's destined for the Isle of Man register too!!!!

Seloco
7th Jun 2009, 17:02
if you can afford a private 380, i'd say you have enough discretionary income to have some mods done to it.

I'd have thought that adding a C17-style rear loading arrangement to an A380 is a bit more than just a "mod"!

Maybe Airbus reckon that others might want such an option too?

yasir8095
7th Jun 2009, 17:32
"Maybe Airbus reckon that others might want such an option too?"

A Combi version of the big one??? sounds good to me. and much easier to fill.