PDA

View Full Version : NHV Norwich, what is the story

slyguy
29th May 2009, 12:01
Ok Chaps,

NHV flying from Norwich , what is the story? how can they operate so much cheaper, how can they, in their words "get more flying done with their crews".

Does the FTL not apply here?

Whats in the rumours they are not allowed to fly in certain parts of europe?

someone must know.

HillerBee
29th May 2009, 12:20
FTL does definitely apply. They are a very good company.

Camp Freddie
29th May 2009, 19:13
They are a very good company

hillerbee, could you elaborate a bit please, as the above statement tells me nothing :)

CF

helimutt
29th May 2009, 19:38
Heard a rumour that they weren't allowed to operate in Denmark anymore. Just as well really, they're so busy here in the UK they have no time for anywhere else!:E

Mozzy
29th May 2009, 19:56
"FTL does definitely apply".........

Who's FTL? cant imagine that would be UK CAA FTL requirements

"get more flying done with their crews"............

Would be very interested to know how, as I'm sure they're adhereing to UK CAA regs, operating in UK airspace, being a reputable company operating Med to large twin types in various operations around europe (bar Denmark of course):}

Well, must come down to one pilots definition of a 200ft cloud base is very different from another pilots definition of a 200ft cloud base, very common apparently:ugh:

Ha Ha, just remembered an expression on one particular HLO's face :eek:

Banksman
29th May 2009, 22:01
Heard that Perenco were not happy with them!!!!

kmax
29th May 2009, 22:33
Yes they get there helicopters for free and they don't have to pay for there jet A1 and the crews :ugh::ugh::cool:
nobody is happy with them that's why they are growing so fast.
nice thread
please boys this is ridiculous.
they worked for us in Humberside and Cork very nice pilots, flying with very nice N3's

Hopadopter
29th May 2009, 23:22
Kmax what type of operations did they support in Cork, was it the gas, and are they using EC155's. Good to see some competition.

helimutt
30th May 2009, 08:08
Heard also they get away with flying out of Norwich on bad weather days when wx minima allow departure but not return, as they then nominate an offshore alternate. True or not?? I don't know. Only rumours.
Not surprising to see them parked up at Humberside when weather is sh!te. They supported CHC out of Humberside last year and the pilots seem like a decent bunch and they brought with them a nice shiny N3.

Mach1GTO
30th May 2009, 09:05
Well, well, well...
NHV is a fully approved JAR-OPS3 operator, complying with O&G standards. As a Belgian operator with a Belgian AOC, NHV works under Belgian CAA control, so FTL is BCAA approved. NHV is not "banned" from any European or other country, Denmark is merely protecting their own market. All operators NHV works for are happy with their work, if they are not, NHV will strive to solve the problems there might be. As a result of this, you'll soon see yellow NHV EC155's in Norwich as well...:D

nightjar1
30th May 2009, 09:40
Yes nice, but can you please explain >>HOW<< this company can operate cheaper ??
Staff costs must be about the same ?
Ferrying the A/C back to main base for maintenance must cost quite a bit ?

Horror box
30th May 2009, 09:48
I worked alongside them a couple of years ago, and they seemed like a decent outfit to me. I believe the reason they are not operating in Denmark is simply due to union rules steering away from the use contractors in order to protect jobs and contracts for those in CHC and Dancopter. Certainly nothing untoward, and whilst operating in Denmark, they did a good job, and were held in high regard. I believe they operated there on an ad hoc basis assisting CHC's contractual obligations to fill a shortfall due to lack of aircraft in CHC Denmark during their transition from Puma to S92.

kmax
30th May 2009, 10:07
CORK was O&G subcontract for CHC.
Ec 155 in 2010
EC175 in 2012

I heard Perenco is very happy flying with them, that why they have contract now in Norwich
:ok:

HillerBee
30th May 2009, 12:45
One of the reasons they might be cheaper is the UK CAA cost, the Belgian CAA would be cheaper. The standards are just as 'high' though. The UK market will be flooded by foreign operators if the CAA keps on raising their cost.

sox6
30th May 2009, 15:34
Not sure the Belgian standards are that high as they don't include rules on HUMS.

bladegrabber
30th May 2009, 15:48
As an end user of all of the SNS heleicopter operators including NHV I can tell you they arent cheaper but what they do offer is a reliable service which operates to a schedule rather than when the aircraft can be persuaded to fly along with some of the pilots who like to make the rules up as they go along.

As for safety couldnt fault them, try looking at their accident / incident rate compared to the N. Denes operator????

BG

Phil77
30th May 2009, 15:49
...is there a remote chance that the unionization within the big operators is responsible for NHV being able to "get more flying done with their crews"?

I don't work in the NS but have many friends working there.
No offense, but to me it is understandable how you could get more work done than working only 13 days/month, 4-5 hours/day (at the airport, not flying) plus vacation and sick leave.

Running for cover...

HillerBee
30th May 2009, 15:59
The pilots at NHV are not getting overworked at all!

jcheeverloophole
30th May 2009, 16:12
They must be doing something right , picking up work from the UK companies that cant deliver.

NHV seem like a " can do " outfit.

Sounds like they are more content to get on with the job and deliver a good service in line with the general regulations , and not get caught up in the usual UK red tape b******* the operators and customers enforce on themselves - we just can't make things easy.

Mind you they are using some extremely reliable and competent machines
for the job:D

Well done :ok:

Phil77
30th May 2009, 16:15
The pilots at NHV are not getting overworked at all!

...and still get the job done, with less cost - my point exactly!

tophelios
31st May 2009, 02:46
Very funny to see how people react to a new company, out of the big "three" of the NS ...yes you can do the job despite the fact you're not CHC, Bristow or Bond and you're from Belgium...
They are a lot of things you can manage easely when you're not too "big"...this is the point...:ok:

bladegrabber
31st May 2009, 05:58
Tophelius

Im with you "small is big enough"

Its simple their customer focused and there's NO Bulls**t! a bit like Bond used to be when they were that size.

Maybe some of the local pilots should apply for jobs with them at Norwich, they might just enjoy going to work for a change?http://static.pprune.org/images/icons/laugh.gif
BG

Camp Freddie
31st May 2009, 08:42
bladegrabber,

obviously you have some grudge against CHC which is affecting the objectivity of your posts and therefore devalues the impact of them as it sounds just like sniping.

so what happened then, how have CHC offended you?

regards

CF

chcoffshore
31st May 2009, 08:48
Good luck to NHV and their crews, they have been around a while, and the good thing is they need more pilots!

:ok:

DomDom
31st May 2009, 09:16
Any confirmation of the 155's delivery this summer ?

HHE
31st May 2009, 09:55
NHV will start working for Tullow with 1 EC155 and 1 AS365N3 as of August.

nightjar1
31st May 2009, 09:56
What contract (if any) will the 155 be utilised on ?

Any clues to what contracts are up for tender at the moment or what contracts are coming close to tender ? and have NHV tendered for these with N3/155 ?

Thanks HHE
Will a second 155 replace the N3 when its delivered ?

HHE
31st May 2009, 10:19
I am not sure but might be possible

Pullharder
31st May 2009, 16:35
Hey Bladegrabber...

QUOTE: "Its simple their customer focused and there's NO Bulls**t! a bit like Bond used to be when they were that size."

Yea right, so customer focused they used to tell BP their sole use aircraft was unservicable,pay the small penalty and then rent it out to another customer at much higher ad-hoc rates:= MORE THAN ONCE I can tell you............

Good ol' Bond....just hope NHV don't break the rules Bond used too just "to get the job done":eek:

Can't comment on NHV, only time will tell.....

bladegrabber
31st May 2009, 19:43
C-Freddie

Dont bear anyone at CHC a grudge they still fly for us every day just making the point that all their customers know too well and if you want to PM me im happy to show you the performance reports to demonstrate my objectivity.

NHV are a good 3rd option for the SNS and if they maintain the level of service they've shown so far they should do well.

BG

bladegrabber
31st May 2009, 19:46
Pullharder

I meant the Bond of the 90's not the recent reincarnation....

As for playing tricks with sole use aircraft im afraid their not the only operator that does it and they usually go to either the highest bidder or he who shouts loudest.

BG

Pullharder
31st May 2009, 20:38
Bladegrabber, I WAS talking about the Bond of the 90's too...but a leopard never changes it's spots :eek:................

As for sole use, don't know of one Bristow or CHC event where that has happened....
As I say. Don't know about NHV, they may turn out to be good, or another "get the job done at all costs, no rules, scamming Bond type company":ugh:.....

HillerBee
31st May 2009, 21:24
Slyguy

Ok Chaps,

NHV flying from Norwich , what is the story? how can they operate so much cheaper, how can they, in their words "get more flying done with their crews".

Does the FTL not apply here?

Whats in the rumours they are not allowed to fly in certain parts of europe?

someone must know.

What's it to you anyway????

slyguy
1st Jun 2009, 08:32
just interested really, didnt think it would cause a stir. I fly offshore with them on a very regular basis, and we have all heard rumours, and they have had a couple of teething issues, so asked the question, as if they worked the same rules.

no problem with them, they are reliable, just wandered what everyone else thought.

he1iaviator
1st Jun 2009, 10:11
I remember when Bristow was a company where most people got on and did the best job possible, were enthusiastic, worked on projects such as passenger briefing systems in their own time. It seemed that everyone had tremendous loyalty to the Company and did not limit their activities for the benefit of the Company to those items written in the contract.

Let's hope that the BEAN COUNTERS don't get control of NHV as well! :ugh:

Camp Freddie
3rd Jun 2009, 19:51
bladegrabber,

Dont bear anyone at CHC a grudge they still fly for us every day just making the point that all their customers know too well and if you want to PM me im happy to show you the performance reports to demonstrate my objectivity.

I did PM you and I know that at least 1 other person did too, and both of us have recieved nothing.

if you are going to make these statements, it would be nice if you would deliver on them.

please can you let me know when I will be recieving the reports?

regards

CF

ns heli flyer
28th Sep 2009, 15:00
Does anyone have any contact details for NHV at Norwich? Who is the the Chief Pilot/HR to send a resume to. I heard they were hiring but haven't seen any ads.

Thank you for any info.

sox6
28th Sep 2009, 15:37
Do they actualy have a contract to fly for anyone in England or is it just ad hoc flying?

Greeny9
28th Sep 2009, 15:45
All recruitment done through the HR department in Belgium.
Contact the HR manager:

Mr Karl Willems,
Noordzee Helikopters Vlaanderen
Kalkaertstraat 101
8400 Oostende
Belgium

Yes, they have contracts at Norwich, one EC155 and two AS365N3 on base.

chcoffshore
29th Sep 2009, 06:46
So what contracts do they have now and they must be bidding for more...............I believe they have just merged with the high hierarchy of Heli Holland offshore and bought their new EC155. Only heard good things about them. A hungry company doesn’t take their customers for granted!

kmax
29th Sep 2009, 07:25
Yep flying now for Perenco and Tullow out off Norwich
HeliHolland Off-shore is integrated in NHV (people and machine)
Busy now in Europe, UK, Africa, flying Off shore and Hems

chcoffshore
29th Sep 2009, 07:38
Africa? Where abouts?

Greeny9
29th Sep 2009, 07:41
Nothing in Africa just now!

kmax
29th Sep 2009, 08:14
They just finished some contracts for Heli union (mediterranean sea and Congo).
Nothing now ..., but a mechanic working there told me that they are in preparation for next projects.:rolleyes:
I don't know which country.

Greeny9
29th Sep 2009, 08:29
You are quite correct !!

Oh Silent One
30th Dec 2009, 12:35
They have started a contract in Ghana now:D

EESDL
30th Dec 2009, 15:51
any suggestions/advice?
room required from New Year for pilot working at airport.
Any agents to stay clear of.......general picture painted is circa £350-400/month

md 600 driver
9th Sep 2010, 10:09
how can anyone do it cheaper

I simple way is to have a lower percentage mark up [profit] not being too greedy

there is always someone who can do anything cheaper and just as safe using cheaper bases,more efficent aircraft,less wastage ect

MyTarget
9th Sep 2010, 10:30
Thanks, but anything else.

HillerBee
9th Sep 2010, 11:09
Unless you have a typerating, there's nothing to consider...... No bonding

Dutchbird
9th Sep 2010, 11:47
Althoug closing date has expired, stil on the company website:

http://www.nhv.be/Files/PIC%20AS365N3.pdf

Airflowreversal_1
9th Sep 2010, 19:46
MyTarget,

Conditions are mostly IMC, although there is the odd day VMC.

Working environment is in a yellow French office!

Besides that.... Not much I can tell you! ;-)

Airflow

MyTarget
9th Sep 2010, 19:53
Is that india mike on top......................:eek:

And is it yellow so the HLO can see you and guide you to the rig at DA on a ARA?:p

PM me if you like :ok:

gov1
24th Sep 2010, 16:03
Nhv is operating 3 n3's in Ghana and 2 n3's in siėrra Leone for THE moment. Also flying 155 in Norwich and den helder i heard.

Droopy
24th Sep 2010, 20:32
and 2 n3's in siėrra Leone

The very best of luck to you all......:eek:

Tango123
26th Sep 2010, 12:23
Gov...

What roster are you on in Norwich?

kmax
27th Sep 2010, 13:32
8 On 6 Off

JulieAndrews
3rd Feb 2011, 17:41
5xN3s in Ghana now and just started an additional ENI contract

StormWarning
6th Feb 2011, 11:11
NHV - the secret is this simple - they have a young and energetic management team with a European philosophy as opposed to the stuck the in the mud UK approach. They operate well maintained modern aircraft (N3/EC155 with 4 EC175's on order), have a very strong and professional training department and engender a good working environment. They work hard at their customer relations and actively seek out new work.
They DON'T go around 'badmouthing' other companies as has become so prevalent within the industry and are willing to listen and learn in order to develop their operation.
They are the most refreshing people I have worked for, and although may pay a little less than than the Bristows and CHC's, it is small sacrifice for the job satisfaction and camaraderie. I know that the prime customer (Tullow) are very happy, hence several other contracts worldwide. Also watch this space re windfarm winching ...
They operate to BCAA approved ops manual and FTL even for the UK operation. The BCAA FTL is a lot simpler and allows for more latitude with flight operations, it is not abused though. For example the Norwich pilots are planned to work 7 days on, 7 days off ... an absolute equal time roster.
The operation at Norwich is extremely professional and well managed.
Would be happy to answer any further questions re NHV

tophelios
6th Feb 2011, 12:06
:D That's exactly the way I know the "yellow flippers"....Well said SW....:D

F.A.TAlbert
6th Feb 2011, 12:16
The operation at Norwich is extremely professional and well managed. SW: How refreshing to read something positive when the complete reverse of what you write about is true; about many operators in the industry today. :D

theloudone
6th Feb 2011, 15:22
I worked for NHV as a contractor, and i totally support the comments, a real nice bunch of guys, a refreshing change from the "other" crowd.
Keep the good work up guys.

212man
7th Feb 2011, 10:55
Not that he's biased in anyway:

Chief Pilot (Head of Flight Ops)

I don't mean that in a bad way - just banter :ok:

SW, out of curiosity, what's a "European philosophy?" I only ask because I know people from Holland, Germany, Denmark, France and Portugal (amongst many others) and I'm not sure I'd link them together in their philosophies...:E

MyTarget
7th Feb 2011, 12:20
SW when do NHV get the EC175's?

StormWarning
7th Feb 2011, 18:50
I had not contributed to PPRUNE for sometime; hence my profile was somewhat out of date. For clarity I am not the Chief Pilot.

Whirlygig
8th Feb 2011, 23:17
Maybe StormWarning deleted his previous posts or maybe had them deleted for him either by an original poster or a moderator.

Maybe StormWarning is telling the truth and you don't know everyone in the industry?

Cheers

Whirls

Tango123
9th May 2011, 15:28
I have the 365 TR with a few years offshore experience. Anyone knows what the pay in west africa and Norwich is; pension?

EESDL
29th Sep 2011, 12:39
well Tango123.............did you apply?

Banksman
15th Oct 2012, 21:10
What contract has NHV won in Norwich as p&j states today

CHARLIEOSCAR
15th Oct 2012, 22:01
NHV Helicopters has been issued a three year extension to its contract with gas exploration company Tullow.

Flying workers to the Schooner and Ketch gas production platforms in the Southern North Sea.

Extension of contract announced today (15th October 2012)

CharlieOscar

EC145Pilot
16th Oct 2012, 01:28
Hi guys,

Would it mean any new recruitment or staying with the same number of crews?

Cheers

Thorond0r
16th Oct 2012, 13:30
Hi guys,

Would it mean any new recruitment or staying with the same number of crews?

new recruitments are almost finished. Pilots for Africa will cover Norwich when needed

Heli2Brasil
16th Oct 2012, 19:01
Anybody knows how long they will still have their contract in Guiana? Do they fly offshore there or only SAR? I applied but no response yet..

ropelleri
19th Nov 2012, 15:02
I was contacted by NHV concerning a Co-pilot job based in Den Helder.
Would anybody have info about the pay at the moment?
Would be nice to have some idea if I get called in for an interview.
I have the required TR for the job.
PLease PM me.

david11
1st Aug 2013, 12:00
Hi, I 'll probably go for an interview with NHV and I 've read your comment.Did you got the job? I'd guess I have the same questions that you had those days... Maybe you can help me out?:):)

Thanks in advance!,

blackbird20
20th Nov 2013, 12:21
did you go to the NHV interview. how was it?