PDA

View Full Version : Telex stratus 50d cell input

brns2
20th May 2009, 18:14
When i plug my nokia into the cell phone input i am able to hear calls through the headset.

But i am unable to talk through the headsets mic. I have to use the cells microphone, which obviously doesnt cancel the noise and the person on the other end can barely hear me.

Does the cell phone input allow you to use the headsets mic for voice?

Thanks guys

werbil
21st May 2009, 10:48
Short answer - yes it does.

However, when I tried to use it in a DHC-2 (very noisy) with my old LG phone the headset mic overdrove the phone circuitry making me completely unintelligible. From memory I also tested it on the bench at home with a portable intercom, and my voice intelligibility wasn't a lot better.

I suspect that there is either an impedance or level issue between the D50s and the levels that cell phones expect. One of these days I'll find the lead that came with headset and see how it works with the Nokia.

Has anyone got the cell phone interface to work OK?

ahramin
21st May 2009, 21:42
I have used the cell phone cable with a Samsung, a Blackberry, and a satphone. All three worked perfectly, crystal clear.

However, the boom mic on the 50D is part of the ANR. It is quite possible that the problem is that the mic is not compatible with the mobile phone, in which case I am not aware of anything you can do to correct this.