PDA

View Full Version : FAA BFR question

Cessna WG
19th May 2009, 15:23
I need to take my (1st) FAA BFR by mid October and hope to do it in the UK in my own Cessna 150, I have been told that it may be possible to take it slightly ahead of the due date and still maintain the original renewal date -in otherwords, if my BFR is due mid October, they thought there was the possibility of taking it a few weeks early and still maintain the October recurrency in 2 years time... anyone know if this is true ?

I have searched FAR/AIM and also googled without any success ?

thanks
WG

dont overfil
19th May 2009, 15:30
Your flight review will be due on the last day of the month. Therefore you can renew anytime in October.
61.56c
DO.

suraci
20th May 2009, 00:17
Basically the validity period is 24 months from the end of the month in which the BFR is done, it is immaterial when any previous BFR was done

Henry Hallam
20th May 2009, 11:54
Also, there are certain free FAA-endorsed "WINGS" web-based courses that may be done in lieu of a BFR. I actually quite like having the hour with an instructor and try to do new and interesting things with it, but if you're stuck in the UK and it's a hassle to find a CFI you might want to make use of one of the WINGS courses.

https://www.faasafety.gov/WINGS/pppinfo/default.aspx

kwachon
20th May 2009, 12:11
It can be done any time during the month of renewal. see below, key word is "beginning". FAR 61.57 states in part.

(c) Except as provided in paragraphs (d), (e), and (g) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of an aircraft unless, since the beginning of the 24th calendar month before the month in which that pilot acts as pilot in command, that person has—

Hope that helps. If need be PM me.

KW