PDA

View Full Version : NATS Jersey??

GBALU53
18th May 2009, 17:57
I understand NATS are getting closer to moving in down in the Channel Islands???
With Jersey having a new air traffic centre, will this mean NATS will be required to move some of there controllers down to the Island of take it over???
I understand it is not only the traffic into and out of Jersey but Guernsey and Alderney as well. The Channel Islands Control Zone is run by Jersey, but eighty five per cent of the control zone is in the French FIR so how would any one from NATS stand, would we need a French indorsement if we did have the oppertunity to be detached down on the Island
If this is correct could this be a posting to move to peple say it can be nice in the summer???

man friday
19th May 2009, 09:45
working at NSL Gibraltar where 100% of the airspace is in the Madrid FIR we just provide a service on our Uk license. No Spanish endorsement is held.

You can imagine the fun we're having following the introduction of ATSOCAS!

Would be interested to hear if Jersey, Guernsey etc have tried to implement these in the French FIR

Eggs Petition
19th May 2009, 11:13
It's my understanding that ATSOCAS changes apply to UK airspace only, regardless of ATCO licensing.

Therefore: Jersey gives a Basic Service in the UK FIR and a FIS in the French FIR.

GunkyTom
19th May 2009, 11:14
Basic service only outside of Channel Islands Zone

sorry,previous poster got there before me !!

man friday
19th May 2009, 18:31
Eggs,

if only that was the case, we're having to give UK ATSOCAS in the Madrid FIR.

God alone knows where we stand legally on a UK License, but it has been deemed by those more informed and more important than the humble coal face ATCO that this is the way ahead.

if things should go Pete Tong a cake with a file in it would be much appreciated!!!!

Eggs Petition
20th May 2009, 10:28
Friday,

I have to admit that sounds rather "chicken oriental"!

Not sure what agreements Gib and the Spanish have, I guess that's all political but surely the moves by Eurocontrol: FAB negotiations etc should be trying to resolve things in the air?

What is the argument put forward by your management for trying to apply UK changes in Spanish airspace???

IMHO the ATSOCAS changes are a pile of kak. The world is getting smaller and yet again the UK is trying to swim against the flow! ILS vectoring phraseology and "after" instead of "behind... behind" with conditional clearances are other examples of this bloody mindedness. The arrogance of it all is sad.:ugh:

Eggs.

PS Looking up some sponge recipes for you now...;)

anotherthing
20th May 2009, 11:57
PS Looking up some sponge recipes for you now...http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif
I thought home brew was more your 'speciality'...

Charlie Fox
3rd Jun 2009, 13:17
I think NATS and their way of doing things is already there. How are the ATCO trainees coming on. Have the ATSA's had their jobs redefined yet???

OA32
7th Jun 2009, 10:01
Well another trainee valid on Radar,3 others in the pending state. The ATCA's are still in limbo and new building with NATS involvement is like :ugh::ugh: