PDA

View Full Version : UK to Malpensa via frankfurt hann

Frequent flyer 666
15th May 2009, 14:11
Hi can anyone tell me how ga friendly Malpensa is? and any advice? I will be flying IFR low airways on 21/5/09 and intend to refuel in EDFH frankfurt. in an SR22.

Fuji Abound
15th May 2009, 14:19
GS Aviation - GROUND HANDLING & AVIATION FUEL - LOW COST FLIGHT SCHOOL - MAINTENANCE (http://www.gsaviation.it/contatti.php?lang=en)

Frequent flyer 666
15th May 2009, 14:20
Ok cool thanks

S-Works
15th May 2009, 14:59
Very friendly. They have a dedicated GA terminal on the opposite side to the main airport. This was the old terminal. Very efficient service and cheap. They even organised a taxi on their account for me and just billed it when I settled.

Frequent flyer 666
15th May 2009, 15:10
Hi Bose thanks is this through GS handling agent or seperate?

S-Works
15th May 2009, 15:27
Through GS. I went down about 6 weeks ago in the Mirage for 2 days and the bill was €80 for the landing parking and handling. They seem to have a variable charging scheme based on season, and times but none of it expensive.

In the Mirage I fly direct but have done the Frankfurt stop and it is quite an easy one. Just beware of the routing around Frankfurt, if you don't plan correctly and study the preferred routing document you can find yourself being run round the houses.

IO540
15th May 2009, 16:10
Never fly to any Italian airport unless you have obtained a positive confirmation that either PPR is not applicable, or it has been approved, for the full details of your flight (non Schengen departure etc). The b*ggers will refuse a landing from a short final if they feel like it, and send you off to your alternate (which might do the same if you didn't get PPR there also).

Same for avgas - nothing happens twice the same way in Italy ;)

A handling agent should sort this all out, if you use one.

But beware the Italian avgas trick where they say avgas is available but when you land you discover they can sell it only to their local aeroclub (a bribe might fix that, if you can find somebody who can smooth the process). Therefore, check this specifically.

Frankfurt has a minimum overfly level of about FL130. Not applicable if you are landing there of course :) Not a problem otherwise.

Should be a nice trip, especially if you have oxygen (a bit hard to fly Eurocontrol routes otherwise) and crossing via Switzerland. Spectacular scenery.

Frequent flyer you have a PM.