PDA

View Full Version : List of Fuel Injected VS Carb Aircraft

vabsie
12th May 2009, 13:04
Hi

I've been reading through some of the past Carb Icing threads on this forum which made me wonder ..

Is there a list somewhere that specifies which light aeroplanes have carbs + ones that are fuel injected?

I assume the fuel injected ones would generally be the newer and much more expensive ones?

Next question - (If the above is correct) - What would be the cheapest fuel injected light aircraft?

Sorry if this seems to be a silly question, but just curious really.

Thanks

Vabsie

Rod1
12th May 2009, 13:39
“What would be the cheapest fuel injected light aircraft?”

If you asked what you intended then there a number of homebuilt aircraft with fuel injection. I have been considering fitting fuel injection to my Rotax 912s, but the experts seen to think it is not much of a step forward and carb ice is not a problem in my installation.

Rod1

vabsie
12th May 2009, 13:51
Ah I see

Thanks for explaining BelArgUSA

Also Rod1 - Thanks, I didn't even think of homebuilts at the time of asking the question ... but good to know. I was more thinking along the lines of non homebuilt aircraft.

As you can tell .. early days here so sorry if some of these questions seem a bit lame.

Vabsie

conflict alert
12th May 2009, 13:54
What would be the cheapest fuel injected light aircraft?

Diesel Mazda Bounty Turbo....5ltrs/100kms:}....cheap , fuel , and aircraft in the same sentence doesn't work.

generally 200HP and over are fuel injected with some exceptions.

bjornhall
12th May 2009, 17:19
I reckon the most common fuel injected GA single would probably be the Cessna 172R and 172S. Might not be the cheapest, but one of the more affordable fuel injected normal category aircraft.

PAPI-74
12th May 2009, 17:29
No such thing as a lame question - especially in aviation.

The C-172SP can be leaned to 7 USG per hour so not too bad.

steveking
12th May 2009, 18:57
Vabsie
I have an RV6 with an IO 360 in it but don't go thinking the fuel injection system is like a modern cars, it's a mechanical system and quite basic the've been around for quite a time so may not affect prices as much as you might think

Rod 1
I saw the rotax at Friedrichshafen with the injection system fitted, it looked really good and they were quoting 115HP and 2-3 lts less an hour, shame they wanted an extra 5k for it. I got shown it whilst looking at the alpi 400 which they want to put it in.