PDA

View Full Version : QF SH/LH Temp Transfers

ZackQF
11th May 2009, 00:46
Discussion on the current information for SH crew to transfer to LH division or A380

ZackQF
11th May 2009, 00:49
So what do we all think of this?
I think it is great. but i am slightly worried that there is a catch there somewhere. Why would QF want to transfer crew over with a higher wage when they are trying to save money!? Higher wage being the new salary when you start operation on the A380 from LH1 with the top up payment. I understand A380 crew dont get allowances when they arrive at the hotel, is this correct? just 2.60 DTA.

twiggs
11th May 2009, 01:09
No Zack, A380 get allowances just as all other International crew get.

twiggs
11th May 2009, 05:50
They will be transferring to longhaul, so they will get part 1 conditions.

ZackQF
11th May 2009, 08:27
Well to me then it seems like a great deal! I doubt they will even have a CNS base left after everyone there wants to leave..

Is anyone else thinking of taking up the offer? why or why not?

Pegasus747
11th May 2009, 09:11
i think that the offer is a great one. It saves the junior crew from being made redundant, it allows the company to burn the excess leave in short haul, and it still allows QAL LH crew to go to the A380 if they want to and stops the QCCA crew from being sent there if they dont want to.

At the end of the day the crew on the A380 and the company really want to work with people who WANT to be there and understand the deal. Personally its not for me as seniority is really important as is the control i need over my life.

But everyone that i speak to seems to be enjoying the culture and the work and the aircraft.

I dont think that it's utopia but its a place where everyone is equal and i think that crew there seem to like that feeling.

Seniority counts for duty travel only and the compliance sheet because of chain of command, hotel room allocation also flows from that as a bi product but apart from that it seems to be ok

The last EBA provides that existing SH crew transfer to LH under part one conditions so you will get exactly what LH QAL crew get when they go to A380

Base salary for a flight attendant with top up is about 66K and then you get meal allowances, overtime and Incidental allowance on top of that

You will get a dry cleaning card for uniforms, and home transport in accordance with the LH EBA

illusion
11th May 2009, 10:00
Yes and Singapore and Bangkok cabin crew that crew Jetstar flights out of Perth and Darwin are paid approx. $1300 per month and share two to a room on overnights.

Pegasus747
11th May 2009, 10:03
That last post should people an insight into how good the conditions are at Qantas

Domestos
11th May 2009, 15:38
BKK based Jetstar Asia do the most inhumane duties....BKK-SIN-PER...then turn around PER-SIN-BKK...that is a 19 hour duty...with no break. There is also no crew rest on their A320...the only time they are allowed to sit in their jumpseat is for taking off/landing + turbulence + eating crew meal.....at no other times are they permitted to sit down. If they have a good 'CSM' onboard, then they are permitted to block off a toilet and use it as crew rest. The crew take turns sleeping in there.

Selection onto A380 will be merit based, however it is not clear how they will select for the mainline fleet. As I have alluded to in another post....my guess is that preference will be given to the AO crew. Another preference will be given to those who are already on the Divisional transfer list.

I can assume that the company will choose FAs based on such things as:

1. Good BPRs
2. Satisfactory sick leave balances
3. Certified language skills, preferable Level 4, 5, 6 in the Qantas Priority Languages.

Regards,
Domestos :)

captaintunedog777
11th May 2009, 20:31
A 19 hour duty is the cost for taking our jobs.

lowerlobe
11th May 2009, 21:11
If that 19 hour tour of duty is correct,accurate and with no crew rest then it is something that should be raised with CASA.

Both the Cabin Crew and Pilots unions should be very concerned with this..if it is true and a regular pattern..

Jetstar is basically an Australian airline even if overseas interests have a share.

They are also operating into and out of Australian airports....

We can't do much about their pay but we should be very concerned about adequate crew rest of Australian owned aircraft and aircraft operating in and out of Australia........

Pegasus747
11th May 2009, 22:41
Jetstar Asian have foreign registered aircraft and are beyond the reach of Australian Laws.

CASA are a toothless tiger and completely useless . There has never been an organisation that tugs the forelock to Qantas like those pack off sycophants

jungle juice
11th May 2009, 22:48
Pegasus,I know what you are saying about foreign registered aircraft but Lobey is right and I think this would be worth looking into.If any foreign vessel/aircraft operates into an Australian port and there are safety concerns then it should be raised with the government,CASA and the media.

If it embarrasses the parent airline it's worth thinking about.

It might just achieve something but if you don't try then you will never know.

airtags
11th May 2009, 23:50
The issue of OS a/c being used - indeed even the 'defacto' AOC's is a significant risk to everyone flying in Australian skies and a significant ri8s to jobs.

The issue is that while the legislative environment is prescriptive and gives CASA significant powers of oversight, the reality is that regulatory environment is eroded by the Authority enabling various instruments - in simple terms the "law" is downgraded to departmental process.

QF, DJ, JQ, are all exploiting the opportunites - alongside the other forgein carriers who can fly in and out of Australia under the standards applicable to their OWN country. (All three are stretching the envelope and are looking for more - just read their green paper submissions)

Then you have the likes of various airport operators (ie NTL) and the Vic Government who claim that NZ should be classified as domestic ops in australia and that we should have an open door for any airline to fly into and around Australian skies.

The thread is about jobs and standards - unfortunately the issues are messy and whilever we have pollies who accept the BS from their minders and depts , and Authorities that believe in self regulation as long as they can report an operating profit - safety and jobs will be further eroded.

One day we might even have a shadow minister that might wake from the afternoon sleep long enough to pose some questions.

AT :E

Pegasus747
11th May 2009, 23:57
Well it needs someone that actually knows the facts, dates, times, aircraft registration to provide the information to the Union and more importantly report it to CASA.

No one can just make a generic complaint based on an anonymous post on pprune, for a foreign carrier without any details.

airtags
12th May 2009, 00:13
well said Peg
although the good Minister for airport noise is a little slow in responding to letters unless it is to funnel Fed $ to a select few wayward Victorian councils that are running a little too close to the Auditor General's scrutiny. (standby for Brimbank II).

That said, it would be good for the unions to start compiling the data
a/c rego date ops rpt/charter etc - and make a factual submission.

mrpaxing
12th May 2009, 00:19
the union would have any idea about these issues.then again as a CSM pointed out recently over a couple of chardies there seems to be no relationship whatsoever between the current faaa three amigos and state/federal politicians let alone casa. :ok:

ZackQF
12th May 2009, 01:35
Back to the thread? Please?

Pegasus747
12th May 2009, 03:25
When the FAAA had a virtual full time regulatory affairs officer, )about 100k pa in costs,) that funnily enough was a LH CSM, qantas expanded overseas bases, increased the hours of overseas based crew, we lost the A330 flying to domestic crew, the company set up jetstar on inferior conditions etc

You can have all the relationships in the world with those ass licking bureaucrats and politicians but you cant outspend Qantas' bribes.

Upgrades, full time lobbyists, Chairman's Lounge Membership, free flights and other kickbacks.
what you can do is concentrate on things like Allowances, Salaries, maintaining conditions , getting extra flying etc

FNQcrew
23rd May 2009, 06:26
I heard some f/a's saying today that after the 2yr temp transfer to LH that you will be returned to SH but the base you get sent back to might not be the one you came from.For example at the end of 2years they could send you to PER base even though your now SYD base. Any basis to this rumour??? At the end of 2yrs are we going back to our original bases?

lowerlobe
23rd May 2009, 06:41
FNQcrew...

If I were you I would want it in writing from the company that you will be able to return to your original base.

Check that it is in plain English with no proviso's attached....Verbal agreements from a manager mean nothing.

call button
23rd May 2009, 07:00
I agree with Lowerlobe. Remember in a previous SH EBA there was a one off agreement to allow any ex longhaulers a transfer back to LH, if that's what they wanted. The EBA was voted up, and then the company dropped the bombshell that all of those transfers were to be to the Mel base. No one saw that coming. They all assumed that they could return to the base they had come from. Even the union had not considered this fact, no one had. But all that was in writing was 'a transfer back to LH', nothing about bases.

So similarly now, if the agreement only guarantees your position back in SH after 2 years (with nothing in writing about which base), you may very well end up back in a different base.

packrat
23rd May 2009, 07:47
When dealing with Qantas Management get everything in writing and in triplicate.
Make sure it is witnessed by the local priest,your local member of parliament,a QC and Allan Joyce's mother.Also make sure it is read and understood by a union official and five of your closest friends.If there is any disparity in the reading and understanding of the document or the circumstances then dont do anything.
In short dont trust the bastards

a380boi
23rd May 2009, 10:14
Quote from Divisional Transfer information sheet on QF crew website..
"At the end of the fixed term period, crew will be returned to the base and category at the time of the transfer from shorthaul.":ok:

Flying Solo
23rd May 2009, 13:40
There was also another memo i sighted which stated that you could stay in the base that you transfered to. I.E, you are in CNS now, go to SYD for LH, then at the end of two years can stay in SYD as SH.

Pegasus747
23rd May 2009, 23:43
The more likely scenario is that they will be allowed to stay in LH if they wish and SH is slowly being phased out and replaced by Jetstar.

The full service model domestically has a limited life in the current market and SH will slowly disappear. The model will be A380 /787/ jetstar Domestically and internationally and perhaps trunk route limited premium offering at peak times domestically

The world is changing rapidly and Qantas is evolving

DEFCON4
23rd May 2009, 23:59
With the phasing out of the domestics perhaps all this bickering and tribalism will end and we can get on with protecting our jobs and conditions...whats left of them anyway.
With QF there is always an agenda and a bigger picture.Its just difficult to see it sometimes.Some like Peg obviously wear the right glasses

airbus_galley_girl
24th May 2009, 00:04
Good! Give all the domestic work to Jetstar, great idea:D

Pegasus747
24th May 2009, 00:10
for the economy passenger, jetstar leaves QF domestic for dead. Crew are young and enthusiastic, you get served 10 times faster. And the selection of product is 10 times better.

In reality if you are prepared to pay for what you want you get it instantly. of the tight asses that dont want to buy anything its great for those of us that do.

On a QF domestic flight everyone wants everything coz its free. On JQ you have to put you hand in your wallet...i totally love that!!

I am prepared to pay for what i want and i got a large can of coke "with ice", i got a ham sandwich, and a cup of coffee!!

Cost me 10 dollars i think from memory and worth every penny as i got it straight after take off and was able to finish it before top of descent.

In fact they came back a couple of times and asked me if i wanted anything else.

I am sorry but full service just makes people put their hand out for something coz they think they have already paid for it.

If we were handing out a dog turd some would take it lol

GalleyHag
24th May 2009, 02:06
Does anyone know YET how many positions will be available for domestics for the 2 year contract?

I have heard a lot of applications were lodged, however if you wanted to remain on the divisional transfer list you had to lodge the form anyway although a lot of forms were received not everyone was that interested in the 2 year fixed term deal they just wanted to secure their spot on the divisional transfer list.

Sistema
24th May 2009, 03:13
Pegasus747 :ok:

From just listening and putting what I heard together.. was nearly 500 applicants and roughly 150 will go across on FT, and agree with Peg that those who go across can pretty much count on staying if they like..

3 more sleeps :zzz:

lowerlobe
24th May 2009, 03:30
for the economy passenger, jetstar leaves QF domestic for dead. Crew are young and enthusiastic,
Now I know who's side you are on Pegasus....

You have got to be kidding Pegasus....

packrat
24th May 2009, 04:05
The new world of flying is about young single people being CC for 3 to 5 years and then leaving through burnout.Fresh young faces all the time.No Super,not much staff travel,no accumulated LSL.
No one likes it but thats the way it is.The new generation have shown Airlines how they are prepared to accept lower wages.The race to bottom has begun.Their motto: "I'm cheap and proud to be cheap".
The Days of the Mohicans are coming to an end

call button
24th May 2009, 08:25
Pegasus stated that Jetstar leaves QF domestic for dead. I thought it was the other way round. Jetstar leaves QF international for dead.

Qantas Domestic and Jetstar International are the parts of the Qantas group actually making money. Qantas domestically is still very profitable. Qantas international is losing money, and has been doing so for some time. The Jetstar model is still able to make money internationally, and with their shiny new fleet, they will leave the ageing Qantas international fleet and service behind in the dark ages.

OCCR
24th May 2009, 08:32
so what is your point Call button.

call button
24th May 2009, 08:57
My point is to address the issues raised by Pegasus. Why would Qantas replace domestic with Jetstar, when domestic is very profitable as it is? Also why would they expand Qantas international when it is losing so much money. Surely they would give more routes to the successful Jetstar International. Jetstar are getting new aircraft for their international operations, so obviously one could conclude that Qantas will operate less international services as older aircraft begin to be retired.

call button
24th May 2009, 09:01
And further... if Qantas Domestic is not being phased out, then why would the SH cabin crew base be phased out. Unless of course there is a plan for LH to be endorsed on the 737 and take the rest of our flying!! LOL :E

ditch handle
24th May 2009, 09:09
Confirmation that there was no point.

twiggs
24th May 2009, 09:45
Why would Qantas replace domestic with Jetstar, when domestic is very profitable as it is?

Qantas has been very profitable in the past but that has not stopped them trying to cut costs, eg BKK,AKL,LHR bases and now QCCA.
Therefore replacing QF domestic with Jetstar makes perfect sense to management because it will make even more money.

Domestic Bliss
24th May 2009, 12:42
Therefore replacing QF domestic with Jetstar makes perfect sense to management because it will make even more money.

.........for Virgin!

We may see some changes to the domestic product to cut costs but to close down QF domestic would be suicide for the whole QF group. Why you people cannot see that each segment of the group is strategically important for the continued future of the whole company beggers belief.

Closing QF domestic would simply hand huge market share to Virgin and choke QF international out of existence. JQ cannot compete with Virgin alone and without JQ, Tiger would grow much quicker.

The Qantas group is a four legged table (QF INT, QF DOM, JQ INT, JQ DOM) upon which sits a range of market conditions. Cut off one leg and the table falls over. Simple!

Pegasus747
24th May 2009, 12:55
i totally agree that there is a role for Qantas Domestic, But it is evolving. It will not be what it currently is.

GalleyHag
24th May 2009, 13:12
PEG

Have you heard on the grape vine how many positions will be available to domestic crew for the 2 year fixed term contract?

Domestos
24th May 2009, 15:51
The rumour is 140.

Regards,

flyergirl
25th May 2009, 02:26
to all those who are wishing to transfer...looking forward to working with everyone!:ok:

GalleyHag
25th May 2009, 04:12
Thanks for the numbers. I wont get my hopes up in that case and god only knows how they are going to decide who goes and who doesnt.

GalleyHag
25th May 2009, 05:16
My question was in regard to fixed term 2 year contract so I assume its 140 plus and additional 40 for the permanent divisional transfers meaning 180 in total I stand to be corrected though. 140 doesnt seem like many positions though and a lot of competition.

Domestos
25th May 2009, 06:10
Yes GalleyHag is correct...the figure is for 140 Fixed and 40 Permanent.

Whether we like it or not, CNS crew will have first preference. Yes we all know, this is tremendously unfair as they have only been a part of SH for under 2 years....but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles and we just have to accept it I suppose.

Rosters just out....people at the 10 year seniority level in SYD have now been forced onto Reserve. In yesterday's open time, there were only 16 duties available. I heard that a crew member of 20 years seniority dialled in yesterday and couldn't even pick up something. The company will definitely have to send more to LH if they want to resolve the forced reserve line problem now that some domestic flying has been transferred to LH.

I really do hope my rumour of 140 FT is grossly wrong. My heart goes out to all my mates who are MAM....they have not been getting any work and they don't get paid unless they work.....even though QAL are forced onto RL, at least they get paid basic salary.

All the best to our MAM colleagues and I really hope that whatever numbers they send to LH, that it alleviates the problems faced by QAL SH and MAM.

Regards,

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 06:34
Those with 10 years seniority in SYD can now enjoy a rest... not that bad.

CNS based crew have done ONE duty this month.

call button
25th May 2009, 07:40
Reserve is not a 'rest'. After 10 years flying you should expect to get a roster and know what you are doing for the month. Being on reserve makes it very difficult to plan your life.

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 07:43
Oh it does, however then my issue is with MAM being issued with duties over QAL crew. I like MAM crew, and have many friends who are (as im sure we all do) However, when im on Home Reserve and MAM are getting duties..

twiggs
25th May 2009, 07:46
After 10 years flying you should expect to get a roster and know what you are doing for the month. Being on reserve makes it very difficult to plan your life.

Oh really? I think you are forgetting that no-one can expect anything these days unless it is written into your EBA, and even that is not certain.
I think those that have to do reserve for a month should be grateful they have a job.

packrat
25th May 2009, 07:51
C'mon Twiggsy Dixon has left the building.
Time to give up the Dixonesque rhetoric

ZackQF
25th May 2009, 08:07
True, they still have a job... Not like they are being made to transfer to JQ. Are the people complaining also those who didn't want to use their Long service leave, which would have MADE redundancies happen if leave was not taken?

I guess taking leave over school holidays is more important than 500 jobs.. :ugh:

jungle juice
25th May 2009, 08:17
Oh really? I think you are forgetting that no-one can expect anything these days unless it is written into your EBA, and even that is not certain.
I think those that have to do reserve for a month should be grateful they have a job.
Does this sound like crew talking or one of the visitors?

"The beatings will continue until Morale improves"

No wonder the people in the office are so well liked.

Sistema
25th May 2009, 08:20
Reserve ain't that bad..
I'm 3 weeks home reserve now and it has been bliss! Who doesn't like getting paid to do nudda? Give all the work to MAM then we all get paid! Bring on RES.. If these transfers are going to come through the holiday is over!

Any idea if crew are transferring to SH?

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 08:21
If i do get an office spanking i need to get a min 4 hours payment... thats in my EBA

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 08:23
Sistema (http://www.pprune.org/members/136193-sistema), the only problem with being at home and not working is you need to learn to cook, and talk to the husband.... two things that not all flight attendants enjoy doing

Sistema
25th May 2009, 08:34
:D
you should see, every cupboard in the house is clean and I have delivered about 40 bags to lifeline.
2 more sleeps and we will have SO much to talk about! :ok:

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 08:38
Yes, Just Two more days of home reserve to get though and then it will be on! :ugh:

Pegasus747
25th May 2009, 09:08
i believe about 40 crew will come of the current transfer list based on the date on the list. Other than that i think that there are only about 30-40 positions at this stage for fixed term transfer. Perhaps some more later in the year

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 09:12
30-40 positions? thats nothing! If QF are going to move Airbus flying to long haul they will need more crew to accommodate that..

Pegasus747
25th May 2009, 09:18
well there is a growing surplus in long haul that i think that will soak up the A330 flying... but that's just my estimation... i could be wrong of course

call button
25th May 2009, 09:22
You have got to be kidding, only 40 permanent, and about 30-40 fixed term transfers. Shorthaul have transferred all of our A330 flying, and some 767 flying to longhaul. That is a huge chunk of shorthaul flying, for nothing. Based on those numbers, the only people that will get a fixed term transfer will be CNS base.

Pegasus747
25th May 2009, 09:30
well as i said i think that there will be more positions in sept/oct when the other aircraft arrive but at the moment its only A380 no4

twiggs
25th May 2009, 09:35
You are being a little impatient call button.
You wouldn't be gen y would you?

call button
25th May 2009, 09:50
No Twiggs, I am not impatient, as I did not apply for a transfer. I don't have any desire to transfer to longhaul. However many of my shorthaul colleagues really want a transfer to longhaul, and you need to understand that shorthaul have given up a lot to make these transfers possible. We have given up all our A330 flying, and this includes a lot of domestic flying.

Pegasus has previously posted that 227 longhaul crew were to be made redundant before 30 June. However their jobs have been saved by the massive transfer of flying from shorthaul. So where does that leave all the shorthaul crew? They can just sit on reserve with no flying????:(

QF A330
25th May 2009, 09:54
Gen y with attitude who wants it NOW, and I want to write my own roster and allocate my work positions NOW!

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 09:58
can i please draw your attention to the thread;

When will the pilots in this forum learn to share with FA's? (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/375140-when-will-pilots-forum-learn-share-fas.html)

im shocked by the attitude that the pilots have displayed about CC saying we are not welcome here, and we are not skilled at all. I Tired to reason with them, however, im disgusted. please share your thoughts there or any support for us CC in trying to communicate better

Domestos
25th May 2009, 10:32
Don't worry about them. Sometimes in life, we have to decide which battles to fight for....let it go babes...its not a battle worth fighting for....come and play with us and ignore them....besides...they all have bum grapes and wrinkly sacs.

Not all pilots are bad and not all cabin crew are nasty pieces of work like I am. The majority of tech crew and CC are superb.

I always look after the pilots who get on board and make an effort to introduce themselves and be civil to me. They are the ones who can get:

1. Whatever meal choice they want (including J class meals yet to be served)
2. Both choices of warm bakery item
3. Choice of dessert...either J Class ice cream or cheese plate
4. Newspaper/magazine
5. Freshly brewed coffee and tea made the right way

If pilots get on board and don't even acknowledge me...then they get:

1. Their standard tech crew meal....no other choice
2. Cold bakery...straight from the cold cart
3. No dessert
4. Nothing to read....sorry, we've run out
5. Instant coffee that has been sitting on the galley bench for 30 mins

What goes around comes around.

Regards,

heads_down
25th May 2009, 10:52
Domestos, in my short time as crew, I've only met 2 rude techies. One threw a tandrum cos my suitcase did not arrive at the slip airport and everyone had to wait (not my fault, Qantas misplaced it, not me) and another one just plain ignored me in the bus, though he was not suppose to drink alcohol in uniform but I could not be bothered.

All the techies had been very nice to me.

and flying solo'

If i do get an office spanking i need to get a min 4 hours payment... thats in my EBA

I believe you are credited 4 duty credit hours but you are actually only paid one hour, happened to me before got placed a ground duty in roster cos team manager had a beef with me and then he kept mentioning you are paid for 1 hour for this.

Of course we have very clear pay slips itemising every activity and never in arrears.

Domestos
25th May 2009, 10:58
Yes you are right....rude tech crew are few and far between. I just treat them accordingly to how they treat me. At the end of the day, I go to work push my cart, give out food, and then go home. If they are civil to me, then I go out of my way for them. But if they don't bother to say hi or even acknowledge me in the forward galley.....then I just do what I am paid to do....heat their meals, serve them drinks, give them their water (in this case I would give them non-Mt Franklin), and call them every 20-30 mins as per manual. I give nothing more and nothing less.

If a pilot walks onboard, introduces themselves, and shakes my hand and asks for my name....then I am the first person to look after them by showering them with food and drinks.

You are right....rude arrogant tech crew are in the minority.

Regards,

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 11:56
Domestos,

Thanks, but i still cant help but getting angry with the way they are talking. as if we dont even exist. They have no idea that they dont have jobs without us do they.
Just got my goat good today!! Trying to get a bit of friendliness happening, to no avail

GalleyHag
25th May 2009, 11:58
With those sort of numbers allocations would have been able to post the successful applicants a week ago it would have taken 5 minutes to decide which 30 were going across on the fixed term contract.

Domestos
25th May 2009, 12:10
Come on babe...let it go. Let them rant on and poke abuse. Just remember that the majority of guys and girls on the flight deck are really cool and down to earth and respect our jobs. The ones who post online here are just bored individuals who love nothing more than to cast out some bait....so don't bother dignifying their posts by responding. Just don't bite, it will drive them mental. I'm very sure the intelligent pilots who come across our CC posts know it is not related to them and then navigate to something else, rather than spend their time posting a whinge about us 'invading' their space.

We've got better things to do like filing skin off our ankles and updating our Facebook status.

Promise me Flying-Solo...no more posts under that thread of yours. Let them have their little wrinkly sac whinge. It is better to be a bigger person, to rise above them and to develop a teflon skin to repel their criticisms.

Come on...play with us instead. We are more beautiful....we drive nicer cars....wear better clothes and shoes....and we are not cheap skates when it comes to shouting our fellow colleagues a drink or two at a pub.

Chin up babe !!!!!!!
Regards,

Pegasus747
25th May 2009, 12:16
well i think the announcement in the paper today about the reconfiguration of all flights to Buenos Aires, San Francisco and Melbourne Hong Kong to London has thrown a spanner in the works.

All the numbers are being re-run and the wheel hasnt stopped spinning yet

Domestos
25th May 2009, 12:19
....LOL....it takes a lot of time to go through which eXcel winners they are gonna choose for the 30 lucky Fixed Term individuals....LOL. Its like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory seeing who gets a golden ticket.

I'm cool if I don't get it. If its not meant to be for me, then its not meant to be. My only hope is that whoever ends up going, that they are really deserving and decent people...not some of the scum we see flying around.

Regards,

P.S. If only I had been more 'Intuitive', 'Caring', 'Responsible' and 'Engaging' then I probably would've been a golden ticket winner. Never mind....I'll patiently keep tossing those Titty Cupcakes until destiny smiles favourably upon me.

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 12:24
Domestos,
Thanks, points taken, just popped on the foot spa.

To the points about Allocations taking a long time.. i think it is going to be a little complex. I believe they will take as many across as they can. Not to mention, they are trying to get the numbers for the whole years worth of transfers over.. not just the first aircraft.
I mean, none of us have a clue, and we all go from rumors that we have been bantering around for a week. The only thing is, it is killing me and i cant wait to find out already!!
I have applied, and i think i have a good chance of moving across, only problem is that my life is on hold while i wait for the news. If i don't get a spot, i don't know if i can run around the country on the 737 for 2 years till we get some of the big birds back. KGI ISA CBR ASP... they will be the highlights of our flying..:sad:

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 12:26
not to mention sipping soup at top of drop for dinner

Domestos
25th May 2009, 12:32
...LOL...oh well, you and I could have a Titty Cake chucking competition on the B737 whilst we wait for our lucky number.

Regards,

Domestos
25th May 2009, 12:36
Actually I was referring to sac (as in scrotum) not sack (as in Hessian sack). You will find that in medicine and human anatomy, it is spelt 'sac'.

Regards,

Domestos
25th May 2009, 12:42
Anything else you wanna criticise about me? Is that the best you can do? You seriously need to finish Year 10, then go onto Year 12 and then matriculate to get two university degrees before you try to beat me at a Spelling Bee.

Regards,

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 12:43
Deal, however, if you are throwing the titty cake at a person, it needs to be fresh, after 1.5 hrs with the lid off, they get a little hard, and may require a FM2000 to be filled out for injury to personnel.

After that, we can pop onto the tandem collection cart and throw random galley and service objects into it while mid flight and mid cabin. Nothing like the sound of cutlery banging around in there while your phone is calling from the Flight Deck asking for their 4th Lamb Pie.;)

Domestos
25th May 2009, 12:54
Actually to be honest...I'm not specialised in sacs.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Econometrics and another Bachelor's degree in the Mathematical Sciences.....far more mathematics than you or any other pilot would ever understand or comprehend, EVER. Flight attendants are not all dumb as you expect us to be. So spare me, and others, your ignorance and trot off back to Year 10 General Maths and English in the country high school you came from.

Regards,

j3pipercub
25th May 2009, 12:57
Domestos,

You imply that you have passed grade 10, 12 AND have two degrees.

Yet you mention in at least two posts about sacs, sacks, whatever, wrinkly ones at that, and yet we need educating? Pot calling the kettle black?

I guess education doesn't teach class, no matter how nice your shoes or clothes are, with an attitude like that you will always be common.

LOOK!!! I JUST GOT ME TWO DEGREES TOO!!!!!!

Fake Degrees (http://www.funnydegrees.com/800/degree.htm)

j3

Domestos
Oh dear...it sounds like you too are aware of my propensity to discard company property down the bin !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I think I should stop airing my trade secrets to everyone.

Regards

twiggs
LOL, that's funny considering Domestos has a sac himself!

Domestos
25th May 2009, 13:02
Teflon skin, baby....Teflon skin. Everything just washes off me like Teflon skin.

Good day to you all.

Regards,

Flying Solo
25th May 2009, 13:07
And the pilots show again that they love reading and posting on CC threads:ugh::ugh:

Enough sac's...

**********Topic of Transfers At Hand*********

j3pipercub
25th May 2009, 13:16
Well, technically, not C/C thread...not in C/C forum, why don't you go post in the C/C forum...oh that's right, when will I learn...

j3

GalleyHag
25th May 2009, 13:17
Its the ones that fly around the bush on a 1 prop aircraft, prob not the jet pilots as their total disregard for cabin crew stems far more than those couple of uneducated posts by those clowns. REAL pilots wouldnt even bother to respond they are so far up themselves or each other from what i hear lol

OCCR
25th May 2009, 13:21
this is going to go around and around...
just ignore their posts!

Peg with the cancellation of First class on some flights will they be reducing the crew complement, if so that will mean an ever greater surplus!

Domestos
25th May 2009, 13:58
LOL....go have a look at my post called 'QANTAS - White Serving Jackets in Premium' where I briefly mention statistical inference to a population proportion from a sample mean. You go and tell me what level of significance is required to make a conclusive inference to a population proportion? That'll shut you up !!!!!!!

No one gives two hoots what degrees I have...who cares!!!!! I only made it a point because you pilots seem to think we are all dim witted. I'm only making a stand for all my fellow cabin crew. You will find there are cabin crew out there who are more educated than you or I....some used to be lawyers, some used to be doctors.

I am done with you, as I would now like to continue on with the subject of this thread. You have provided me with a lot of amusement tonight and I sincerely thank you for the enriching experience.

Good day to you Eclan and thank you for your exchange.

Regards,

Ultergra
25th May 2009, 14:07
My goodness, I can NOT believe what I am reading...

"Teflon skin, baby....Teflon skin. Everything just washes off me like Teflon skin."

Are you for real? And with an eduction like a Bachelor's degree in Econometrics and another Bachelor's degree in the Mathematical Sciences.... you would think that you could create a better come back than the above mentioned.

As pointed out in other posts, you are banned in other forums for a reason, this is why we dont want you here... GET THE POINT, if this is how you guys behave behind the closed door (and thank GOD it is locked) then I would hate to know what kind of panic you would break into, running up and down the aisle, arms flapping in the air, screaming, my god the dinner just burned, the dinner just burned, well turn it off then sweetheart, oh thats' right, teflon skin, well, I guess you can put your arm in and get the dinner out, it wont stick right? But you're smarter than that, apparently, and it wouldnt happen because you have an education with an understanding of "mathematics, more than you or any other pilot would ever understand or comprehend, EVER" so you wouldn't do such a thing would you now Domestos? Get back to cleaning the kitchen... it's dirty.

Domestos
25th May 2009, 14:24
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' when it sounds like 'ee'

"beleive" is spelt "believe"

"isle" is a a term used in Geography. I think you meant "aisle".

Looks like you too need to go back to Year 10 General Maths and English.

....now is that a good come back for you?

Regards,

Ultergra
25th May 2009, 14:47
Come back?

How was that a come back?

Domestos
25th May 2009, 14:52
LOL ! LOL ! LOL !

The whole world can see that you've gone back and edited your spelling mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway....thanks for the chat Ultergra. I'm done with you too. I really would like to get back onto the topic now. Its been fun chatting to you this evening.

Take care,
Regards
Domerstos :)

Ultergra
25th May 2009, 15:00
You know what, there is no answer that I have for you. You don't win, you're in the back of the aircraft, you are clearly educated (or so you lie about) however, not educated enough to become a pilot.

The ignore button comes in handy for tool bags like you.

It's been nice chatting to you, I'm done with you, it's been emotional.

Regards,
Ultergra

Ultergra
25th May 2009, 15:05
Oh, and just as a point you illiterate 10 year old who is apparently so smart, you CANT EVEN SPELL YOUR OWN NAME!!!!!!!!

"Take care,
Regards
Domerstos"

Domerstos is it?? Gee, it looks different in your profile. SUCH A TOOL!!!

"Looks like you too need to go back to Year 10 General Maths and English" :ugh:

Domestos
25th May 2009, 15:27
It's OK Ultergra, I don't expect you to find the words to label me.

Just for the record....the majority of Pilots at QF are awesome....really good bunch of guys and girls who are polite, friendly, and take the time to engage with the crew. These are the ones who I go out of my way to look after....food, drinks, reading material etc. These guys are in the majority. The bottom 2.5% (as per the normal distribution curve), are the ones who we encounter challenges with.

And just for the record Ultergra....I don't have intentions on being a pilot....not everyone who is educated wants to be a pilot. We all have different fields of endeavour, aviation is not the be all and end all. From my memory Ultergra....it is not necessary to undergo tertiary education to become a pilot....all you need is a couple of thousand hours training at Bankstown or the Air Force. However, it takes many years of education to become a doctor or lawyer or whatever.

In making my closing remarks...I would like all pilots to understand that Cabin Crew come from all walks of life and from different socio-economic backgrounds. Susan Boyle is a classic example of how it is not possible to judge someone's worth by the way they look or where they've come from. I made my remarks on this thread only in response to personal direct attacks cast upon me...therefore I felt obligated to stand up for my fellow CC, particularly in response to the belittling of CC in another threads that questioned the integrity and importance of our profession (note one pilot mentioned that we should all open an armed door and tumble down the slides).

I apologise to my fellow colleagues for the thread drift and will refrain from responding to any more pilots vs. CC debate.

Regards,

barrett1987
25th May 2009, 18:22
Ecan, when i read your comments i laughed so much my cornflakes flew out and covered my keyboard! You owe me a keyboard, haha funny stuff though.

:)

PattyStacker
25th May 2009, 21:19
Domestos is too busy organising Limo rides and Mrs Beasleys cup cakes to get one of dem there edumacations.

j3pipercub
25th May 2009, 23:37
"From my memory Ultergra....it is not necessary to undergo tertiary education to become a pilot....all you need is a couple of thousand hours training at Bankstown or the Air Force. However, it takes many years of education to become a doctor or lawyer or whatever."

all you need eh, you have no idea, absolutely none. Pathetic.

"Cabin Crew come from all walks of life and from different socio-economic backgrounds."

You're right, that's soooo much different to pilots!! :ugh:

Good one Domerstos

j3

Flying Solo
26th May 2009, 00:15
enough from your pilots, run back to your dash 8 now

now, one more day still the announcement

j3pipercub
26th May 2009, 00:18
Enough of you C/C's, run off back to your OWN FORUM!!! oh, thats right.

j3

Flying Solo
26th May 2009, 00:25
oh james, opps i mean j piper.. shhh

j3pipercub
26th May 2009, 00:33
?? Sorry, you've lost me

j3

Flying Solo
26th May 2009, 00:38
******Thank god******

jungle juice
26th May 2009, 01:20
Don't entertain them flying solo because they just want to start a fight and get us thrown out.
There is no substance at all in their arguments.Instead they show nothing more than a sort of herd mentality which is one of the lowest intelligent forms of social behaviour that exists and is basically caused by insecurity.

Sistema
26th May 2009, 02:07
June rosters are done... they must be to work on 'the list'

It's all quiet...

ZackQF
26th May 2009, 02:22
I know, i keep checking the qfcrew website to see if it is going to come out early.. which i doubt, because we all know QF like to drop a bombshell at 5pm, then run out of the office

Sistema
26th May 2009, 02:29
What is with the 'nothing' letter from LG? It really says 'stuff will happen, wait and see' - Im confused as to why its on the crew website.. Anyone? :confused:

ZackQF
26th May 2009, 02:30
She just felt like everyone is doing things and excited, so she wanted to have her 5 cents.. well thats how it reads anyway!

twiggs
26th May 2009, 03:59
I thinks it's reassuring us that the management restructure is going to happen in our department.

packrat
26th May 2009, 05:41
What an absolute piece of drivel.
Grant waffles on and says/explains zip.
The memo neither informs or misinforms.It says nothing.
Too many mocca lattes LG.
All these poor devils waiting for the axe to fall.The process should have been quick and painless.This is both cruel and unecessarily drawn out

heads_down
26th May 2009, 08:19
well i had said it before and I will say it again

what a crock of qantas ****

and what a piece of nz trash, of all the talents we can take from New Zealand, we have to contend with this piece of 2 times loser who is about to become the 3rd time loser mental retard trash. I am allowed to say this as Ex chairman Margie Jackson said shareholders have a mental problem for not accepting more and more debts over equity.

What is it about this woman and her bloody "excellence"? She really have no idea.

Gawd help this company with people in upper management with such strange habits and weird behavior.

Flying Solo
27th May 2009, 00:08
heads down.... shhhhh

Announcement today!! Wooo Hooo

Sistema
27th May 2009, 01:08
Where will it be written and when? Wouldn't it be funny if so many people logged onto the crew website and it crashed so we couldn't get on it today at all... :p

twiggs
27th May 2009, 01:20
If you are waiting for the transfers to be announced, I doubt that will be done on the website.
More likely individuals will be contacted and that's it.
Maybe the FAAA will advise us at some stage what the final figures are.

The announcement regarding the management restructure will be made on the website though.

Flying Solo
27th May 2009, 02:45
twiggs, if you look CIS and all the documentation, it will only be in the website and no calls made. Trust me, they wouldnt start calling people at 5pm, and someone would have written here already if they got it!

Sistema
27th May 2009, 07:05
What is happening?

ditzyboy
27th May 2009, 07:33
Where can I find LG's memo?

Oh, and by the way... TIC TOC...

ZackQF
27th May 2009, 07:33
Where is your list Qantas?????

QFKFY
27th May 2009, 07:48
Guys, just noticed on DCIS, the message that says the LH transfer list will be published on 27/05 no later than 1700 has been removed. What's going on? A promise is a promise! NOT happy! Sick of waiting.

airbus_galley_girl
27th May 2009, 10:24
I think they have forgotten about Short Haul! :confused:

Pegasus747
27th May 2009, 10:28
i am under the impression that many of the operations/allocations staff were made redundant or redeployed today. perhaps that has delayed the decision/announcement

pjwy
27th May 2009, 13:22
geez
after reading all the previous posts I'm quite concerned at the type of person we are going to get from the domestics.
Just listen to then whining about the exact publication date and the impatience they are showing, they seem like a really pushy bunch.
What are we letting in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It reminds me when we took over TAA....what a disaster that was!
look at the dobbing and weirdo's we got! it really destroyed our camaraderie and culture
Oh well......... looks like we have to watch our backs! let the dobbing begin!
:{:{:{:{

Trollywally
27th May 2009, 13:48
pjwy

your a nasty piece of work

Im telling!!!!!

OCCR
27th May 2009, 14:01
I dont see anything nasty in the post!
just fact!

its unfortunate but these things did happen!

twiggs
28th May 2009, 01:27
The list is available on the qfcrew website.
Anyone from here on the list?

GalleyHag
28th May 2009, 01:58
The list on the CC website is just the permanent transfers right? Not the fixed term or is that it? God I hope not I hope its a few more people than that.

QFKFY
28th May 2009, 02:14
I hope there's another list to come for fixed term transfer. Don't be shy, just give us the list, please!

lowerlobe
28th May 2009, 02:20
Information=Knowledge=Power

Is it any surprise that the office does not let everyone know what is really going on?....

I have said this before and it is still true.....QF should be renamed Qantas Empire Airways....little empires everywhere.....and one empire does not want another knowing what is happening....

ditzyboy
28th May 2009, 02:28
pjwy -

The concern stems from the company not providing the information by the original time quoted (1700 20May) and then the revised time (1700 27May). It is not unreasonable for some to be frustrated. An entire extra week and the info was still not available. Why give people a definite time ("no later than"), twice and not just say ASAP? Given that the Divisional Transfer will be one way for these people (no prospect of return to SH) it is a big deal for those concerned - most of whom are still relatively early in their careers.

I found your comments quite bitter.

call button
28th May 2009, 06:18
So anyway, is this list permanent transfers only, or is this all the transfers, both permanent and fixed term. There is so little information on qfcrew. I think there are about 40 on that list. This is not many. Has anyone heard any more?

QFKFY
28th May 2009, 07:20
Check your DCIS, a new message pops out and says fixed term transfer list will be published on QF crew website next week. No dates were mentioned, just have to be more patient. More waiting and hope for the best. Good luck to all.

Trollywally
28th May 2009, 08:20
good luck Domestos

I know you want it bad......

and good luck to all that applied

GalleyHag
29th May 2009, 13:15
A few people have had their offer withdrawn to transfer to long haul after the names were published yesterday. Some of them were not entitled to even be on the list and one was not even on the original divisional transfer list but was offered a position.

The eagle eyes scanned the list in detail last night and the offers subsequently withdrawn today after further investigation.

ditzyboy
29th May 2009, 20:03
I noticed one mistake almost immediately. It couldn't have happened to a 'better' person.

Pegasus747
29th May 2009, 20:23
how many ppl actually applied to come to long haul? why is it that so many people actually want out?

I dont think that there are any takers from LH wanting to go to SH...

This is a serious question. It just astounds me that people are so unhappy in one section compared to another doing the same job and managed by the same people

call button
29th May 2009, 21:09
Pegasus, If you look at the transfer list, you will see that the majority of people put their name down around Dec 07 and after. This is when LH secured the agreement to get back the majority of international flying. Prior to this many people in SH enjoyed a roster of Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore etc. When LH took back all this flying, our rosters significantly changed and so did our lifestyles. Therefore many crew now have their name on the list to go LH. Quite simply they want to go back to the lifestyle they previously had in SH.

call button
29th May 2009, 21:15
And with regard to numbers wishing to transfer to LH. There were 875 as of 11/5/09. 654 of these put their name down on or after Dec 07.

Pegasus747
29th May 2009, 22:30
well those numbers add up. I certainly know how LH crew felt in 2003 when they lost those regional destinations so i guess that's why getting them back was important.

Its good that we have the ability to transfer between the divisions to make lifestyle decisions. Transferring to chase the work is far better than transferring the flying as it disenfranchises people who have made decisions about what sort of work they want to do when they apply for a job.

I hope we have seen the end of Qantas transferring the flying between the divisions that people based their decisions on when choosing International or Domestic in the first place.

Sistema
31st May 2009, 08:29
Let's see who can guess when we find out about our future!

My guess is Thurs 1600. :}

call button
31st May 2009, 08:56
Pegasus, I personally really enjoyed a mix of both domestic and international flying. It was great to be able to do short day trips a lot of the time allowing you to be home at night, and then throw in a few international trips. It was such a diverse working environment. I feel it is such a shame now, that we have to choose one or the other. We have to either be a domestic or international flight attendant. I would have loved to see all flight attendants merged into one division to share all the flying.

twiggs
31st May 2009, 09:04
Just as we enjoy having the choice of regional flying and long haul flying.
If you started at domestic after the regional flying was acquired then I understand your loss as you didn't know any different.

ditch handle
31st May 2009, 09:09
What caused so much fury when the domestic took the regional flying was that this is the sort of flying that traditionally gave international FAs a break from the debilitating effects of proper east west long haul flying.

It was largely time zone benign, short in duration and most importantly for many, family friendly.

Throw in the effect of denying access to the regional destinations that literally hundreds of language speaking FAs were employed to service and you've got resentment together with a reduction in the value of customer's experience.

All so the domestics could do a little shopping:ugh:

Excuse me while I barf.

airbus_galley_girl
31st May 2009, 10:47
Let's see who can guess when we find out about our future!

My guess is Thurs 1600

:rolleyes:

My guess is Fri 16:59 and 59 seconds!

ditch handle
31st May 2009, 10:56
trolldoll [who removed her post],

anyway. It's all academic now isn't it. :ok:

Good luck to those who get the transfer to International.

You'll have a ball........

twiggs
31st May 2009, 11:03
Yes, good luck and when you check into your first L/H slip port hotel, enjoy counting your welcome gift!:ok:

Boomerang_Butt
31st May 2009, 15:54
All so the domestics could do a little shopping:ugh:

Excuse me while I barf.

Actually there are some of us who enjoyed that flying because it gave us the chance to see something outside of our own corner of the world, talk to people from other countries, and generally be more accepting of the world around us. But if you like to think all we did was shop, then go ahead. I just find your comments hilarious when we both know that just as many crew in LH liked those trips solely for that reason 'shopping' :ugh:

ditch handle
31st May 2009, 22:11
Am I correct in assuming that you don't have the capacity to comment on the rest of my post?

The parts that weren't facetious.

Sistema
31st May 2009, 23:22
Not sure if it has relevance, seniority has dropped 500.

QF A330
31st May 2009, 23:49
Not sure of relevance either but my wife's seniority has dropped by 12, 30+ years

heads_down
1st Jun 2009, 00:00
does this mean heads will start to roll at cabin crew before the long weekend

QF A330
1st Jun 2009, 00:21
Just found out that they have caught up after last lot VR has been processed.

qfcabin
1st Jun 2009, 00:44
Sounds about right!

Boomerang_Butt
1st Jun 2009, 00:54
ditch handle, your other points were valid, however I was unaware you were being 'cheeky', just ssounded like yet another 'domestics suck they took our flying' comment. Perhaps one of these :} would serve the purpose next time.

And I know that there are some who truly feel that way about us, however some of us did appreciate the fact that we had an opportunity to do something different from the norm and we were grateful to have it, some just assume that all S/H expected the flying but personally I didn't, it was a 'nice to have'.

I think there were problems with language speakers in S/H as well, went to HKG on one occasion without a speaker yet had some sitting at home on reserve on that particular day. What the? And although speakers in LH had reduced work remember that S/H doing regional gave others the chance to be employed as well when there otherwise might have been no opportunity.

airbus_galley_girl
1st Jun 2009, 06:57
where's domestos these days??? I'm in need of some light entertainment!:}

airbus_galley_girl
2nd Jun 2009, 02:14
The list has been updated "Ammended" this time with NO NAMES.:bored:

packrat
2nd Jun 2009, 06:30
What is going on in allocations?
Two days ago my seniority went up by 60 and now its gone down by 59.
Same thing about 12 months ago.
What is it?
Somebody bored in there?

QF A330
2nd Jun 2009, 06:47
Wife's seniority went down by 12 and up by 12 to original number again, all in 24 hours.

Domestos
2nd Jun 2009, 16:31
The permanent divisional transfer list was updated because two individuals made it onto the list and they were not eligible:

1. One girl was from BNE base. She submitted the form before serving her minimum 2 years at SH. She has now been struck off the list.

2. Another girl from SYD base submitted 2 forms at once. She filled one form in for permanent transfer and another form in for fixed term. She was obviously not eligible to transfer under permanent but somehow made it onto the permanent list. Allocations f:mad:d up big time. She too has been struck off the list.

The new list does not show any names because Allocations now no longer want people to scrutinise who gets to go over. So if they f:mad:k up the names again in the future, no one would ever find out. That is why from now on, you will not see any names being published.

Yes....the seniority list is being sorted out to prepare for CR, should the company decide to go down this path.

Regards

airbus_galley_girl
3rd Jun 2009, 00:56
Hi Domestos,

Thanks for the update.

Haven't been back to the office for a while, any news on when the fixed term list will be published?

:bored:

Domestos
3rd Jun 2009, 02:53
Hey darls, thank you for missing me :)

There have been so many people from Operations and CC management sacked that publishing the FT names is no longer a priority. As you know, the CC managers have been sacked and asked to reapply for a new position. Once they have finalised numbers for CC managers, then they will finalise the numbers to go across to LH.

All of the Dingoes up in CNS, who have applied, are the ones guaranteed of getting a spot on the FT list. One of the KPIs of the base manager up there is to reduce the base numbers without looking like they are shutting it down. Dingoes were 'invited' to apply by the manager of that base, i.e they were phoned.

Don't believe PL when he said that the names of FT will by published this week. They won't. There is more chance that they will be out mid next week...NOT this week.

Regards

airbus_galley_girl
3rd Jun 2009, 04:17
3 JUNE 2009 QF19-09
ATTENTION: All Short -Haul Flight Attendants

TRANSFERS

LONG HAUL - PERMANENT
On 28 May 2009 the Company published the list of 40 flight attendants transferring permanently to the Long Haul Division under your Enterprise Agreement.

Members should note that these transfers meet the requirements of the Enterprise Agreement for transfers up to but not beyond the end of the financial year being 30 June 2009.

Therefore, it will be open for the Association to press for more permanent transfers for the next financial year. It will be our intention to pursue this issue once the fixed term A380 transfers have been processed.
Members should also note that should you be successful in transferring on a fixed term basis and permanent transfers are available you will be offered a permanent transfer, assuming you are on the list and your position on the list is reached as part of the normal process.

LONG HAUL – FIXED TERM
At a recent meeting the Company indicated that they are yet to resolve the final numbers for fixed term transfers to Long Haul to primarily cover the A380 operations. The Association can advise there will be approximately 150 positions available and this initiative will be implemented (conversion schools) over a six month period commencing from July 2009.

The number of flight attendants by category or base to be offered this opportunity is, as outlined above, being finalised by the Company. These positions were advertised on the basis that selection would be at
the discretion of the Company, as is the case with transfers to London. However your Association suggested that once final numbers have been determined there should be equal opportunity and positions should be offered on a random basis.

SHORT HAUL - BASE

On Tuesday 5 June a meeting was held with Qantas to discuss base transfers. The meeting concluded with agreement to make a number of initial offers for permanent transfers between bases. The Company will be offering a total of 23 transfers including a limited number of CSM’s under the normal transfer process.

The Association will be having a further meeting with the Company, seeking additional transfers once the fixed term to Long Haul has been finalised, which may include an opportunity for Short Haul crew to base transfer for a fixed term basis up to two years.

Interesting points

* Only 150 positions available.
* Positions should be offered on a random basis.
(Those of uswho have been on the transfer list for years before CNS QF Crew base even started, not fair.:(=

travel thickness
3rd Jun 2009, 23:14
Not keeping your job is not fair.
Keeping your job is.
All this re arranging is about keeping jobs.The rest is background noise.

Flying Solo
3rd Jun 2009, 23:28
anyone else having problems logging into cabin crew web site? Seems the factor 2 is not working there or with the credit union!

DEFCON4
4th Jun 2009, 00:40
Qantas IT strikes again
Look under internet options and change your cookie handling settings

DEFCON4
4th Jun 2009, 03:20
Sorry that didnt work.
As a mate says ...if you are not good enough to get a job in mainstream IT you can always get a job with Qantas.
Thats why Factor 2 is not working and EQ is a shambles

ditzyboy
4th Jun 2009, 04:38
Website works now. No list though?! A colleague sent a message saying she wasn't successful. I dunno what is going on.

Flying Solo
4th Jun 2009, 06:46
ditzyboy (http://www.pprune.org/members/48190-ditzyboy), looks like your friend is pulling your toes, as not even base managers know who is going yet

ditzyboy
4th Jun 2009, 07:38
Yeah... True to form, I figured that out after a while... A long while...

dream787
5th Jun 2009, 01:45
TO ALL
A FRIEND OF MINE GOT A CALL FROM QF ASKING HER FOR A380 TRAINING(FIXED-TERM TRANSFER). SHE WILL START HER TRAINING ON 9TH OF JULY.
THERE IS NO NAME LIST ON CABIN CREW WEBSITE YET. :confused:
I AM STILL WAITING. ALL THE BEST FOR ALL WHO APPLIED-GOOD LUCK

dream787
5th Jun 2009, 02:17
Fixed Term Name list is out and published on website.
I did not get it lol. However All the best to you guys who have applied.

dream787
5th Jun 2009, 04:36
Congratulations to all crews who got fixed-term transfer. Just wanna point out something

I believe all cns crews(40 of them) who applied a380, they all got it. Nothing to do with their performance such as sick leave, assessment.... Even one crew has been stood down before,he/she got it. It seems like they wanna reduce cns base. so it means As long as you apply for a380 in cns, thry give it to them regardless what happened to your personal file.
FAIR GO?
Today is the last day for CNS cabin crew team manager.Now, in cns , they only have BOS desk and one admin staff for whole base. Maybe they will shut down the base soon.
None of ex-ao crews who transferred to other bases got A380:D- Well done QF. Antoher example of (equal opportunity, fair go)

packrat
5th Jun 2009, 05:53
Its all about what is good for the business.
As an employee you are valued less than an executives car.
Qantas...people are our greatest asset....vomit!!
Fair or unfair has nothing to do with anything

dream787
5th Jun 2009, 06:56
I agree with what you said
Its all about the business and QF
We.......................................Are Nothing

lnavvnav
5th Jun 2009, 08:07
Cmon guys
This is a great opportunity for some crew in Qantas in a time where other airlines are retrenching cabin crew. Everyone was asked to apply for the fixed term if they desired- it wasn't compulsary. It was always stated on both the Company's Q and A's and the FAAA letters that positions would be chosen based on "operational requirements". There are no surprises. Why pay staff to sit at home in Cairns....of course they have given them a slot. It is also why only two or three Perth Based crew got it, as they are under staffed over there. If you were running a company wouldn't you do the same? Personally these measures that QF are taking to keep us all employed are fine by me....having seen other airlines that left it all a bit too late. Congratulations to all who got it. Go over and enjoy the two years....and do Short Haul proud. Good on you.

DEFCON4
5th Jun 2009, 08:30
Well said that man.
Its all about jobs...keeping them

RaverFlaver
5th Jun 2009, 14:11
None of ex-ao crews who transferred to other bases got A380- Well done QF. Antoher example of (equal opportunity, fair go)

I know of ex AO crew from MEL, PER who got it.

GalleyHag
5th Jun 2009, 14:43
I also know of an ex ao crew member from Sydney that got it. Im really happy with the people that got it, all really derseving and great flight attendants. Especially the ex regional guys!!

dream787
5th Jun 2009, 15:31
Yes, Just got latest news

2 of my friends -ex ao crews based in mel got it
2 of non-my friends based in SYD ex ao crews got it
1 of ex ao crew based in PER got it
30 something above CNS based crews got it
Maybe there are more ex ao crews from other bases got it.
Congratulations to all crews who got transfer !
All the best in your new LH flying
Best Wishes for all QF crews, hope we all have the job we love and enjoy flying

:ok:

Flying Solo
5th Jun 2009, 23:16
it annoys me that everyone has to label and pick apart the poor cairns crew, ex ao. How about the ex impulse people? I mean thier company was not even owned by qantas and they kept all the little entitlements and got a nice job with qf. Jetstar staff get to keep their long service and some perks from their job. But the guys that came over from australian airlines got nothing. You all say its not fair they get the choice of base first or 380 slots, but what else have they got going for them. I was advised of a woman who worked for qantas for 15 years. She then applied for australian, and got it, and lost everything, even had to wait 6 months to get her staff travel back. Then when coming back to qantas now, what has she got? Nothing! Please cut these people some slack. It makes me sick to the thought that they are on the bottom of seniority, and people still want to kick them in the guts.Welcome to long haul cairns crew, leave the bitter domestic behind, im warming up the cabin as we speak.

OCCR
5th Jun 2009, 23:31
there should be heaps of positions on the 380 as no one wants it in LH.
the take up rate was very low! and management wonders why!

Anyway the guys from domestics will enjoy it!

To those that got main line, you will definitely love it!

Spoke to some quokkas and they ex tactic that they may now have a chance to stay on mainline rather than be forced on to the 380.

looks like a good result for everyone,

Hey Domestos did you get the transfer to LH
:D

ditzyboy
6th Jun 2009, 00:20
Flying Solo -

You are off the mark re. ex-Impulse crew and all their little entitlements. So, just as you are upset at people picking apart 'poor' Cairns crew (your words), you are doing the same re. ex-Impulse crew.

For the record 29 ex-Impulse crew have been offered jobs at SH. That's around 15% of the cabin crew workforce prior to the commencement of Jetstar. They served between three months and 3.5 years at Jetstar prior to getting jobs at SH. None started later than March 2002 - this being six months before AO had even commenced operations.

20 of the 29 are ex-Impulse (prior to Qantas buy-out) and lost their Impulse seniority, where other airlines taken over by the company in the past didn't (Murray Valley Air and Air Queensland, for example). Unlike AO, our seniority was sorted by age order on the Qantas purchase date. So folks that have been flying years less than others are now more senior, due to their age on a given date.

The remaining 200 Impulse/QantasLink crew remain at Jetstar or have left altogether. If you are talking about the original Impulse Airlines crew then less than 20 of the 100 originals have ever been 'given' jobs at SH, and that;s only through Career Progression. That's 20%. While 100% of ex-AO crew were offered jobs at Qantas (I realise some chose JQ and there were a handful of CMs that came over as FAs).

No Impulse seniority was applied to staff travel. Only leave balances were carried across. For those now at SH, Staff Travel was reset, as with all QantasLink crew who take Career Progression. Some crew now having to wait 14 years service to get International J.

Something you need to remember is AO was closed down. Impulse Airlines as a company was used to create Jetstar. It was purchased as a going concern and continues to operate as such. The only entitlements which were carried over to the Qantas Group were leave balances (sick, annual and LSL).

At the end of the day we all have jobs. Yes, there is disparity between what some people get compared to others (EAA and SSA crew start at SH on Year 2 pay and IMP Year 1, for example). I will go out on a limb and suggest that there always will be disparities in the Qantas Group. Look at the treatment of the loyal, hardworking MAM casuals. Can you still suggest ex-AO crew are hard-done-by?

Oh, and I know several people who went from QFLink to AO that got staff travel from the day they joined AO. So this woman you know of must've been extremely unlucky.

Almost everyone in the QantasGroup has their own hard-luck story and gripes - some justified, some not so much. In my opinion, this kicking in the guts of Cairns crew seems to come from one place. Cairns.

Flying Solo
6th Jun 2009, 02:04
Ditzyboy,

Only the last two training schools at Australian Airlines received staff travel right away if they were employed by Qantas before, not QF link or any other subsidiary. There were 27 schools in front of that.

Staff travel is a privilege and not a right. Not covered by an eba and can be changed by the company at any time, so upgrade J class International isnt even a point.

Why would Cairns Crew sledge each other? The crew that were there that came over to LH as QCCA are lovely, Some of those being CSM's as Australian Airlines, and not even holding a grudge! It seems to me, it is Domestic crew who are the ones that are using them as a scape goat for all their problems. My self and others at LH wish that Australian Airlines crew were transfered over as LH, however the Union (surpirse surprise) were not strong enought to fight for them, and let them lay where they fell.

My appologies for drawing incorrect conclusions from Impulse entitlements.

Cairns crew should be supported by you domestics.. not Bated.

blade.runner
6th Jun 2009, 02:16
The number of posters who complain about what others have or have not is staggering.
Its like watching little children behaving badly.
Why cant you just be happy with your lot and wish others well in their good fortune?.
Before opening your mouth at least try to verify your information.
Or lack of it

H_Girl
6th Jun 2009, 05:47
where on the website is the list of transfers?

flitegirl
6th Jun 2009, 07:02
under the "domestic" tab, then click on divisional transfers.

H_Girl
6th Jun 2009, 07:15
thanks flitegirl found it!

GalleyHag
7th Jun 2009, 18:22
So whats the verdick did the right people get the gig or not? Its been a couple of days I would be interested in what people have to say.

Dont hold back unleash and lets here what everyone really thinks.

QFKFY
7th Jun 2009, 23:49
Um, where to start? Firstly, congratulations to all deserving ones.

1. All CNS based crew who applied for it got it, due to 'operational requirement'; we all know company wants to downsize the base, but come on! If you are/were CNS based or know some of us, you'll know 2 of those don't deserve it. One failed initial EP and was stood down for doing silly things upline; one was full of attitudes and notorious in being rude to pax. What the? Even for 'operational requirement', shouldn't they still go through people's files? Not fair!!!

2. A strong belief that divisional transfer list was utilised after CNS slots were locked in. So the company went down the list then chose the people, at least for SYD that's the case. And I think that's fair enough, as all chosen ones out of SYD seem to be pretty good. Heard bad ones didn't get in; so the company did look at people's merits. Why the inconsistency? Then again we are talking about QF management here, nothing makes sense.

3. Some brown-nosed ex-CNS crew got chosen out of SYD base. So guys, start networking yourself 'exceptionally' and start baby sitting for managers. It does get you somewhere. :yuk:

4. A lot of the willing and good people missed out this time. If there are other rounds in the cards, QF, please please conduct a sensible 'merit based' selection process. CNS should be downsized to required level now; it's time to look after those disheartened good workers from all bases.

Safe flying.

blade.runner
8th Jun 2009, 01:10
How many jobs lost? None
Reduction in wages.None
Disgruntled,covetous,jealous CC?.Way too many

TheOtherGuy
8th Jun 2009, 03:22
Isn't seniority the only criteria worth applying?

indamiddle
8th Jun 2009, 04:22
"merit based system"?
no way, everyone knows how upgrades to csm is abused. brown nosing is a compulsory sport when going for the tie. seniority is the only way to apply it.
who cares if a crap short hauler gets a transfer, they are still providing the same second rate service, just in another division so no change overall. a merit based system could be abused by managers to transfer a problem crew member to another division so that the problem becomes another managers issue.

aussieboy
8th Jun 2009, 05:09
Well said blade.runner... I think a few people need to move on. Apparently "its all about me"!!

QFKFY
8th Jun 2009, 05:18
No reduction in wage? Me thinks not. SH has reduced flying now thanks to A330 domestic flying gone to LH, reduced flying means reduced overnights/wage. Simple fact.

Still don't understand why LH people think Short haulers are second rate? We all wear the same uniforms and all have great crew and lazy ones, another simple fact. No division is better than the other, we are all human beings, and we all work for Qantas.

DEFCON4
8th Jun 2009, 06:55
Tell that to the domestic FAAA executive.
They started all this tribalism.

QFKFY
8th Jun 2009, 12:48
DEFCON4,

I'm not a union member, I don't trust them, I don't deal with them.

mrpaxing
9th Jun 2009, 04:25
i thought you would have lectured (and rightly so) QFKFY about the conditions & benefits he/she enjoys negotiated over decades by unions (SH or LH).

DEFCON4
9th Jun 2009, 06:34
The domestic FAAA are to be held in contempt for their acts of bastardry.It is their actions over the last five years that have lead to the animousity that now exists between longhaul and the domestics.
I am more than happy with the way in which the International Branch has conducted itself...with dignity and intelligence.The other lot are no more than gutter rabble who are not to be trusted under any circumstances

GalleyHag
6th Jul 2009, 03:39
Its been very quite on the transfer front!! Have any crew started training as yet for bid period 265?

Domestos how did you go did you get it?

Butterfield8
6th Jul 2009, 07:15
The only people who care are those that are not happy in their current circumstances and want/need a change.
Everyone else is a spectator.
Good luck to those who get the opportunity for a move.
Everyone gets to keep their job.That is very good news

GalleyHag
6th Jul 2009, 07:54
Take a chill pill it was just a general interest question.

Butterfield8
6th Jul 2009, 08:12
It was a general response.
Your name wasnt mentioned.
Stop being so self abosrbed

twiggs
6th Jul 2009, 08:54
Butterfield, your post was in direct response to GalleyHag's, it was not general.
Stop trying to be so high and mighty yourself.
You are the one acting self absorbed.

To correct you, not everyone that is interested in the transfer situation are "those that are not happy in their current circumstances and want/need a change".

Butterfield8
6th Jul 2009, 09:07
Mind your own business.
Galleyhag is more than capable of defending herself when necessary.
Go water your Canary

twiggs
6th Jul 2009, 09:17
The names not Louise, Butter Menthol.

packrat
6th Jul 2009, 09:50
LH and Domestics
Men Women
Boys and Girls
The eternal friction.
In 5000 years we havent come very far...still the same crap
Time for lock up time

OCCR
10th Jul 2009, 04:39
what happened to the other thread on transfers to LHR..... let me guess......hello another closure or deletion....:ok::D

ditch handle
10th Jul 2009, 05:29
QF "management" not happy about having it's problems out there for all to see.

Machinegun Fellatio
10th Jul 2009, 07:26
The thread is not even available in the archives.
Someone must have said something really naughty.

ditch handle
10th Jul 2009, 08:11
Or bleated really incessantly.:E

Speaking of deletions......

I hear that the 43 day trips that those going to LHR are on [where they collect allowances for the whole time except when they are operating] seem to have been removed from viewing on CIS.

Funny how they always seem to shut the gate after the horse has bolted.

PattyStacker
12th Jul 2009, 11:01
Or maybe the pattern changed and its now an X012 or X022 on the end

Ka.Boom
13th Jul 2009, 04:02
When a pattern becomes an X pattern the oroginal pattern is still evident but the vacancy availability becomes zero

PattyStacker
14th Jul 2009, 05:59
in any case they are still on CIS