PDA

View Full Version : Problems viewing AIP

L'aviateur
2nd May 2009, 12:51
I'm trying view AIP on the NATS | AIS (http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com) and whenever I attempt to select a chart, i get a 404 Not Found error (for all aerodromes), does anyone know whether i'm doing something wrong, or whether its the website?

Deeday
2nd May 2009, 13:00
404 usually means that somebody has screwed up on the server side, either by creating a wrong link to a document that does exist elsewhere, or by removing the document that was correctly linked.
Let them know and hopefully they'll fix it.

Cheers!

Sky blue and black
2nd May 2009, 16:02
Which airfield - EGPD worked fine for me?

L'aviateur
2nd May 2009, 17:22
I tried EGPD Aerodrome Chart - ICAO as below and it came up with 404, its really unusual.

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/ad/EGPD/EG_AD_2_EGPD_2-1_en.pdf

Cusco
2nd May 2009, 17:36
That link worked for me.

Cusco.

powerless
2nd May 2009, 17:53
Are you trying to access it from outside the UK? Seems to work fine for me also so perhaps it is trying to redirect you to another page that is not linked correctly. What url is showing when you get the 404 error?

L'aviateur
2nd May 2009, 18:04
Yeah i'm outside the UK at the moment, currently in Germany. Seems strange they wouldn't allow access outside the UK though.

powerless
2nd May 2009, 18:28
It could be because as is says " is also possible to access internationally distributed NOTAM issued by Foreign States" that they have to put the restriction on but if so it certainly should inform you of this and not get a 404. It may be that the page it is trying to direct you to ,would inform you of this, has the broken link. Could of course be something totally diferent! Doesn't help you though.

L'aviateur
2nd May 2009, 20:00
Utterly confused, i've now tried it on two different computers on our network but to no avail. The link can be accessed from the US which throws the idea of it not working abroad out of the window, I really cannot understand why it's giving me a 404 error.
If it doesn't work on Monday, i'll drop an e-mail to the helpdesk and find out, and will post my findings.

BackPacker
2nd May 2009, 20:24
Works fine from the Netherlands as well...

It's a PDF file which is not handled by your browser itself but by a plug-in, usually from Adobe. Perhaps caching works differently for that plugin. Have you tried shift-click on the link (this prevents the cached copy from being used) or doing "reload" or "shift-reload"?

Is there maybe a proxy in between you and the server (check internet settings)? Doing a shift-reload should force the proxy to invalidate/update its cache.