PDA

View Full Version : AIRCRAFT DIVERSION Due To Flu.......

airsupport
2nd May 2009, 07:59
I posted a perfectly sensible thread here earlier about a flight that diverted to Boston, now for some reason beyond belief the thread was moved to Jetblast, and merged into a non aviation thread??? :confused:

Makes no sense at all??? :confused:

Now Diversions Due To Flu......

----------------------------------------------

I know this flu business is not good, and may get much worse, but surely this is a bit over the top?

Particularly in this case, after flying all that way, it would not have taken much longer to continue on as planned to DC, rather than arrange a diversion and land in Boston.

-----------------------------------------------

United Airlines B772 near Boston on May 1st 2009, flumergency

May 1st 2009 21:17Z

A United Airlines Boeing 777-200, registration N778UA performing flight UA-903 from Munich (Germany) to Washington Dulles,DC (USA) with 245 passengers and 14 crew, diverted to Boston,MA (USA) after a female passenger showed flu-like symptons.

The passenger was taken to hospital, the airplane continued its journey after two hours on the ground and reached Washington with a delay of 2 hours.

Authorities are currently very sensitive to flu like symptons due to a developing swine influenza of pandemic proportions. The World Health Organisation has declared the second highest pandemy alert level 5 after the first infection outside of Mexico has become known, signalling that the WHO believes in a global outbreak of the swine flu.

despegue
2nd May 2009, 08:11
What were they thinking?!
A typical case of Paranoia I'm afraid.
The Mexican flue is no worse than any other flu type and has become such a newsitem because some TV-stations needed a fresh breeze of hysterics to improve their ratings.