PDA

View Full Version : 'Original Fit' Jetstream 31

Jakarta82
1st May 2009, 20:22
Is it possible to find out what avionics systems an 'original fit' Jetstream 31 may be fitted with. Where could I find this information out?

Thanks
Jakarta82 :confused:

Tmbstory
1st May 2009, 20:38
Please let me know what information you need and I will do my best to supply.

Tmb

Jakarta82
1st May 2009, 21:04
any information about the avionics that were first installed on the early jetstream 31 and what instruments/systems would be required to make it meet current EASA/CAA requirements. I got a fair bit of info from EUROCONTROL but I am struggling to find info what avionics were originally fitted.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

J82

411A
2nd May 2009, 16:07
In 1968, one of the original HP Jetstreams arrived for our evaluation at KLGB.
We all had a chance to fly this airplane and I came away with, quite frankly, very favorable observations.
Large cabin, quiet on the inside, fast, etc.
As I recall, this particular demonstrator aircraft was fitted with a complete Collins avionics fit...618M1 comm radios, 51RV1 nav radios, FD105 flight director, etc.
These were the standard avionics that were installed on most (but not all) airliners at the time.
The only item that was not Collins was a Sperry remote compass system, as I recall.

Tmbstory
2nd May 2009, 18:52
Jakarta82:

Not sure if I can help but my Pilot Engineering Manual is a 1997 version, is this of any interest?

Regards

Tmb

PIK3141
2nd May 2009, 19:11
Ask the manufacturer by e-mailing [email protected] stating the serial number of the aircraft.

Jakarta82
4th May 2009, 15:03
Thanks for your help everyone.

Tmbstory, im not sure how much ill be able to use your pilots engineering manual but it would be great to haae a look.

J82

hudson_505
4th May 2009, 21:33
Hi Jakarta82 Tmbstory, i have been given the task of incorporating modern avionics into a jetstream 31, do you have any pointers or info?
Thanks

Tmbstory
7th May 2009, 18:51
Jakarta 82:

If you will send me a PM with your email address, I could then scan some of chapters on Flight Instruments and Avionics. There is also a section on Autopilot.

Regards

Tmb

PEI_3721
7th May 2009, 22:40
Hudson 505 “…any pointers or info…”
Take great care with the task. It’s more than likely to cost more that you think, and there are many opportunities for error which might only appear in operational scenarios – and which cannot be ‘trained-out’. Never accept training as a solution for a problem during the change.

Attempt to keep the display formats as close as possible to the original layout. Resist the temptation (salesmen) to added features – bells and whistles – do you really need them. The important aspects of the display format are the things that you remove to de-clutter the display

Fully understand the difference between analogue to digital conversion (sensors to displays) and what true a digital system might mean in the J31.
Know enough about theory and certification process to challenge the salesmen – ask the embarrassing questions. Get a guarantee from the avionics vendor on both the engineering and operational certification – they are different; as are FAA STCs, part 35, part 91 vs part 121 and CS 25 requirements.
Read CS 25.1302, particularly the AMC, AMC CS 25.1329, and AMC 25.11; have a few beers.
No, have the beers first, then forget the change.