PDA

View Full Version : 10k to convert Philo FAA CPL to USA CPL??

Lyndon24
29th Apr 2009, 08:51
I am Australian however I did my CPL in the Philiphinnes and ive been told that it could cost me 10 k USD to convert my Philo FAA CPL to a USA FAA CPL over a 4 week course with EAGLE JET AIR,..This does not sound right at all. Considering in Australia its a written test and flight test and would set you back a few hundred bucks,..a non FAA licence I might add you would expect to cost more,..Does not make a lot of sense to me I smell a scam.

mutt
29th Apr 2009, 13:31
Sounds expensive, if you have the required hours, then all you need is the written test followed by a flight test. If you are current in the same type of aircraft, it shouldn't be too difficult to get the instructor sign off in a few hours.

Mutt

Old Smokey
1st May 2009, 05:08
Lyndon24,

I know quite a few people who have done their licences in the Philippines, and after a quick "phone around" to a few of them, think that you are being severely ripped off.

Where did you get that information? If it was in the Philippines, are you sure that your informant was not referring to PHP10K (Philippine Pesos)?

P10,000 sounds much closer to reality.

Regards,

Old Smokey