PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Lyon

Johnno1981
27th Apr 2009, 19:52
Hi everyone,

Was hoping someone could offer some advise on a good airfield to stop at for a half way point enroute to Lyon. I am planning to go this Friday and I will need to clear customs, get some Avgas, and have some lunch. A nice GA friendly airfield with minimum fuss would be great!

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Legalapproach
27th Apr 2009, 20:14
Reims Prunay or Troyes?

Both are very nice GA airfields and have used both en route to/from Lyon and the South of France. I assume you are going into Bron - haven't been there for a couple of years but I thought it was first class

007helicopter
27th Apr 2009, 20:30
I can 2nd Troyes, very easy to get in and out, fuel plus lunch.

infact may also be there Friday lunch time en route to Elba

Cirrus N95GT to look out for.

fireblade2000uk
28th Apr 2009, 08:31
I apologise for drifting off the topic but 007, is that your Cirrus at EGTO? I've often walked passed and admired it.

mightynimbus
28th Apr 2009, 13:17
Reims - (pronounced 'krhanz') might be a good stop on the way back, just a short taxi ride to some of the bst Champage caves in Reims and Epernay, Moet De Chandon, Pouilly, Mumm etc.Last time at Reims, the Breitling L29 team were there and doing some practising, also a Gucci little Fouga Magister was out and about.Thought Troyes (pronounced 'Twa') was a bit short of character, but hey, who cares if all you need is gas!!

Johnno1981
28th Apr 2009, 13:26
Thanks everyone. I'll look into those and 007 might see you there.

Cheers

Johnno

A and C
29th Apr 2009, 08:09
Troyes would get my vote but why stop if it is a Cirrus you are flying cant it do Lyon in one hop?

LH2
29th Apr 2009, 08:36
One vote for Prunay (has a fine resto), can't remember having been at Troyes so can't comment on that one.

Actually, the cheapest AVGAS is at LFLN, but it's so close to Lyon that it's hardly worth bothering to stop at all.

DeeCee
29th Apr 2009, 10:51
I would also recommend Troyes. If you happen to get there between 1pm and 2pm and they don't answer your call it's because they are at lunch! It is a hassle free place and friendly. Have a good time. DC

overandout
29th Apr 2009, 17:30
Did not Prunay lose its customs status?