PDA

View Full Version : Observation to mods

Starbear
25th Apr 2009, 08:14
I believe it was an error to move the thread "Serious MD-83 incident at Dublin" to the very obscure area of Ground and other Ops forums.

There are some very important lessons for all of us to be learned from this incident and subsequent official report. Like many incidents and or accidents, things are rarely balack and white and this incident report highlights that perfectly.

It is stuff like this which I believe is the essence of PPRuNe and I respectfully request you consider moving the thread back to this higher profile forum.

SB

Farrell
25th Apr 2009, 08:51
Starbear:

It's old news. It was covered in R&N at the time.

Here (http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/292848-pilots-warned-after-runway-approach-error.html)

Farrell

Del Prado
25th Apr 2009, 09:34
Starbear, I completely agree with you. Many learning points in the report and if the original incident was worthy of R&N in 2007 then why not the official report which was only published a few days ago?

As you say, this stuff is the essence of PPRuNe.

Ivan Taclue
25th Apr 2009, 09:36
It might be old news,but the report only came out on Thursday. A reminder of the circumstances does no one any harm.

I have often wondered why some articles relating to mishaps (accidents/incidents) are shoved somewhere else. There does not seem to be a pattern, so is it just the mod's whim?

Checkboard
25th Apr 2009, 10:02
Then a better way is simply to add your post about the report being out to the end of the original thread - makes it a bit more interesting, as it includes the opinions et al at the time, and raises the original thread back to the top anyway.

Rainboe
25th Apr 2009, 11:44
Why did the poster not append his posting to the original thread? Did it really warrant a new thread with a title 'Serious incident.........'? I think not. Nobody was hurt, the error was quickly noticed and corrective action was taken. It was a simple misidentification of a visual approach.

There seems to be a trend lately of people sensationalising their headlines to draw maximum audience for what invariably ends up being fairly run of the mill boredom. Quite right to remove it- if it is not good enough to go on the original thread, it must stand on its own feet- they were too wobbly for it to survive.