PDA

View Full Version : Spanish licence conversion into another JAR CAA

DC-8
22nd Apr 2009, 18:06
I'm planning to unfreeze my ATPL in my next sim. check. I have a Spanish licence and would like to convert it into another JAR CAA in order to avoid the number of difficulties and unjustified delays caused by the Spanish CAA everytime I have to do a LPC, medical check...

What CAA would you recommend me in order to convert my CPL(A) and unfreeze my ATPL? Apart from this, it would be important to know if these CAA's would accept documents from LPC's, ATPL checks... sent by email or post, without the need to hand them over personally.

Thanks in advance!

Safe flights,

DC-8

wind check
22nd Apr 2009, 18:31
hola,

this topic has been covered many times in the spanish forum. the irish IAA or british CAA are much better, but I think you need to live there or at least to be employed by a british or irish company in order to convert your licence.
Anyway even if your company is portuguese, dutch, german or whatever try to convert your licence anywhere you can, the spanish DGAC is more like a joke.
With a spanish licence you would need to call a spanish TRE to unfreeze your atpl, otherwise it wont be accepted.

Be patient for the licence convertion, the spanish DGAC is slow :E

DinoCraft9
26th Apr 2009, 19:36
Hi there,

I can't tell you about unfrezing your spanish fATPL cause luckily I converted mine to an IAA before finding myself in such a nightmare! but I can tell you that in order to convert your spanish JAR-FCL fATPL to an irish JAR-FCL fATPL you'll need (as stated above) either be living in Ireland for more than 180 days a year or be employed by an irish company, and I'm afraid is gonna be the same with the UK CAA (though not 100% sure).
I recently unfroze my licence and got the IAA ATPL issued within 5 working days and got it sent to the address I told them, they even call me to let me know it was ready! :D can you imagine that in DGAC?

Well, hope it helps, good luck!

wind check
28th Apr 2009, 10:18
There is only one word that very best describes the spanish DGAC:

C R A P

7574ever
29th Apr 2009, 19:17
Hi guys, I have a UK issued JAA PPL and did my ATPLS with Oxford. Also I'm doing my CPL/IR in the UK next summer. Will I be able to keep my UK issued CPL even if I don't live in the UK or work for a UK company??

In my experience, the UK CAA has been very helpful and has given me a good, quick and efficient service.