PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - alternate aerodrome requirements for JAA PPL flights

MD82MD82
20th Apr 2009, 10:54
Hello everyone
I want to make a IFR flight, but cannot recall the alternate aerodrome requirements for JAA PPL flights. I am living and want to fly in Europe.

Sorry but I cant find any questions about this. Sorry if Im wrong. :E
I know the requirements for JAR-OPS and FAA but not JAa Private flying?:confused:

Can someone please help my?:ok:

Thank you

MD82MD82

S-Works
20th Apr 2009, 12:16
That's because there are non. Go where you please. It is your discretion as pilot in command.

bookworm
20th Apr 2009, 14:29
Ops rules are standardised across Europe only for commercial air transport (JAR-OPS1). For private flights, the requirements differ from state to state.

In the UK, Art 49 applies as follows

(6) If, according to the information available, an aircraft would as regards any flight be
required by the Rules of the Air Regulations 1996(a) to be flown in accordance with
the Instrument Flight Rules at the aerodrome of intended landing, the commander of
the aircraft shall select prior to take-off an alternate aerodrome unless no aerodrome
suitable for that purpose is available.
(6B) A flight shall not be continued towards the aerodrome of intended landing unless the
latest available information indicates that conditions at that aerodrome, or at least one
alternate aerodrome, will, at the estimated time of arrival, be at or above the specified
aerodrome operating minima.

ICAO Annex 6 Part II is similar.

MD82MD82
23rd Apr 2009, 14:11
Thanx you both for your very nice answers. :)