PDA

View Full Version : The Right Lever

IcePack
16th Apr 2009, 19:49
Just a question. (Airbus FBW)

Anybody know if and how often the Flap Lever gets moved instead of the Speed Brake lever.

I believe that it is not an un-common human error. (Interesting as they are completly different and their use is also completly SOPA different.):confused:

PA38-Pilot
17th Apr 2009, 02:05
I don't know of a single incident like that... and I've never been even close to have that happen to me (or anyone else I've flown with)...

DC-ATE
17th Apr 2009, 13:31
Don't know about the Busses, but I had an Engineer dump the flaps on me on take-off instead of raising the gear on a DC-6. The handles were close and similar. Fortunately, I had my "usual" extra knots I always carry and we didn't settle too much.:bored:

Pugilistic Animus
17th Apr 2009, 14:04
DC-ATE good thing it was not a DC-ATE :\

BTW the DC-8 is a very advanced 'first solo' airplane:}

as we pilots tend to name ourselves on PPRuNE according to the aircraft we first soloed
PA-;)--just a coincidence tho

DC-ATE
18th Apr 2009, 02:05
Kinda hard to get the two levers confused in the DC-8.

Well, the DC-8 wasn't exactly the first aircraft I soloed in! Actually, it was a Tri-Champ DX-R (or something like that?!).

TyroPicard
28th Apr 2009, 11:43
I think it's a very unlikely mistake..
PF operates the Speedbrake lever, whereas the Flap selection is called for, and then done by PNF. I have never seen it happen.

dbee
16th May 2009, 16:39
Flap retracted instead of gear UP on a military Argosy on the 1970s

Cat 5 at Benson (Wallingford international):\

......never knew the cause; possibly a Direct entry Captain with zero transport experience

dbee