View Full Version : Friendly ATC!!

David Clarkson
29th May 2001, 15:02
Whilst flying yesterday i found all the controllers and pilots to be in really good spirits,but a special mention of the Thames radar controller @ appx 14:00 deserves a special mention.Not only did he clear me through the city zone whilst they were busy(had to change to tower for co-ordination!!never had to do that before!)after clearing a C172(i think G--CC was the call sign)he asked him "only being nosey,how long did it take you from Perth ??" 3.5hrs was the reply but it just makes it a pleasant day out when people are interested in the small boys!!
Hope everyone had as good a day as we did,and keep up the friendly work atcers!

Bright-Ling
29th May 2001, 15:39
Careful - satisfied customers get stuffed and put on the mantlepiece!!

You could put this is the ATC Issues forum - we rarely venture out of it!!!

Safe flying.

Roundouthigh
29th May 2001, 16:55
Flying out of Biggin means I often speak to Thames and I agree that they are a very friendly bunch. Thanks for the excellent service. It's much appreciated by GA who are seeing facilities being reduced, especially LARS, as we move towards a privatised service.

160to4DME
29th May 2001, 18:13
<< Thanks for the excellent service. It's much appreciated by GA who are seeing facilities being reduced, especially LARS, as we move towards a privatised service. >>

Don't you mean "It's appreciated by GA who are seeing FREE facilities being reduced." :)

If I hire your aeroplane, can I have it for free please ??

Nothing in this life's for free ;)