PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Security

jad0305
14th Apr 2009, 15:50
Hello,

Im currently writing a dissertation on the perceptions of aviation security in the post 9/11 era. I am looking for individuals working within the industry to answer a few short questions in order to gain the correct data. All information received will be solely used by myself, and anonymity is guarenteed.

Should respondants wish to know the outcome of the questionnaire, i will gladly send them the results via email.

If you are interested in participating, please contact me via the following email address, in order for me to send you the necessary link.

[email protected]

Kind Regards
JAD0305

Old Smokey
14th Apr 2009, 17:22
jad0305,

Welcome to PPRuNe :D

You are probably a fine upstanding pillar of society without an evil thought in your mind.

Discussion regarding aviation security post 9/11 is absolutely verboten, both private and public, and PPRuNe is a very public forum.

Those of us in the industry know of the areas of security which are downright silly (ask Pablo), but more importantly, are fully aware of any gaps in security which may still exist.

Do you think that those of "ill will" cruise these forums looking for chinks in the security armour, you bet they do!

So, whilst not wishing to be a wet blanket on what is probably a perfectly innocent project, I strongly suggest that you divert your research into another area.

Regards,

Old Smokey

jad0305
14th Apr 2009, 17:35
Hi Old Smokey,

While i appreciate the concerns over the safety of our industry, in regards to those browsing forums such as this for rather unsavoury reasons, the questionnaire is based on generic questions only, with no hint of intimate detail at all. Neither will any information recieved via the survey be posted onto this forum, as mentioned in the first post, communication will be via email only. Should any parties need confirmation of my authenticity, there are several members of my institution who can give this to them.

Thank you for your welcome, and concern

JAD0305