PDA

View Full Version : John Farley Talk - Portsmouth, Thu 30 April 09, 1900 for 1930, BAe Club

execExpress
12th Apr 2009, 14:31
All Welcome.

Lee Flying Association (www.eghf.co.uk):
Aviation Speaker Evening - Portsmouth - Thursday 30th April 2009 1900 for 1930 Start

"The Story of Jet VSTOL Development in the UK" - John Farley OBE AFC CEng

Come and meet one of Britains’ best known test pilots. John Farley spent 19 years contributing to the development of the Harrier, retiring as Chief Test Pilot BAe Dunsfold.

John spent five years as Manager of Dunsfold, a further two as Special Operations Manager at BAe Kingston and in 1990 became the first Western test pilot to fly the MiG-29.

John will also be available to sign copies of his book “A View from the Hover”. Some copies will also be available for purchase.

Venue is the BAE Systems, Broad Oak Social Club in Portsmouth (the old Portsmouth airport site).
See link for map. PO3 5PQ, UK
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&where1=PO3%20 ... &encType=1 (http://maps.live.com/?v=2&where1=PO3%205PQ%2C%20UK&encType=1)

Approaching from the M27/A27 south down the Eastern Road, turn right at 1st set of lights in to Anchorage Road, 2nd exit off the first roundabout (effectively straight on), 1st exit off the 2nd roundabout (left turn in to Williams Road), 3rd exit of the 3rd roundabout (right turn in to the Airport Service Road). Follow road round to the right and just past Hilsea Railway station you will see a car park on the left. Use this. The BAe Social Club is on the opposite side of the road.

The Social Club is 30 seconds walk from Hilsea Railway Station where most trains in and out of Portsmouth stop. Hint: The Social Club Bar will be open!

£5 entry will be charged to cover cost of the venue and a donation to a local children’s charity. [email protected]

egbt
12th Apr 2009, 15:01
I heard JF give this talk near Oxford 2 or 3 years ago, very well worth the effort! :ok:

Tinstaafl
13th Apr 2009, 01:49
Had a couple or few really, really interesting chats with John at various PPruNe bashes. Jeez, I'd love to attend. Bit awkward living in Florida! Now if I was still flying in Shetland I'd make damn sure I could manage it.