PDA

View Full Version : Airbus LAND 3 Button

HeathrowAirport
10th Apr 2009, 17:05
Hello,

Was just intrested to know when is the LAND 3 (Flaps Configuration 3 button pressed) on the overhead during flight, what point is it pressed.

Regards,

Robbie

Akrapovic
10th Apr 2009, 20:17
Pressed it today prior to Top of Descent - obviously after I'd calculated landing performance . . . (remember to tell the MCDU that you're performing a Config 3 landing also . . .) :ok:

PEI_3721
10th Apr 2009, 21:08
Does the switch have any input to EGPWS? i.e. inhibits To Low Flap alert.

HeathrowAirport
10th Apr 2009, 21:27
Akrapovic, So after you have calculated landing it can be used correct, theres only 2 selections aswell :), If i was doing a full config do I not press LAND Config 3 on the overhead?

PEI_3721,

In the Simulator I seem to get something similar to that, its very annoying when concentrating bringing the plane down the last few 100ft and it shouts at me about low flaps.

Thanks Again,

Robbie

Akrapovic
11th Apr 2009, 08:59
You would not land in config full and have the LDG FLAP 3 pb pressed - it just doesn't make sense - if your flight sim has it, you need to check in the MCDU that the performance section is set up for the appropriate config. Ours default to full config for the approach, so you have to manually select config 3 in 'the box' as well as inhibiting the GPWS on the overhead panel:

The LDG FLAP 3 switch is entirely to prevent nuisance GPWS warnings in the case of a flap 3 landing.

HeathrowAirport
11th Apr 2009, 13:39
Akrapovic,

It has most of the real Airbus features, So if I select in the MCDU FULL Config, theres no need to press LDG FLAP 3 on the Overhead? Only if I am landing with Flaps 3, mine also defaults to Config Full, does seem to make some sense :)

I also I dont know if it does this in real world but when I am at 160knts till 4DME I am decending at 800ft p/m and then when I reduce VREF+5knts for my approach speed I get a slight pitch down tedeceny and go below the Glide slope and it really is annoying as it keeps going down and I have to pitch up and sort of climb or stay my best level, what method could I use to stop this? I notice the glide slope decent reduces with speed 140knts (750ft p/m) and 130knts (540ft p/m), I normally manual my landings when I can see the runway perfectly or after the gears gone down, on some occasions I did it from 15 miles at LIPZ at 4500ft becuase my LOC button was not working.

The only manual I have read is the SSTSIM Concorde, a) Becuase the plane istelf is overwhelming and B) Let alone the simulator having been flown by Mike Bannister and how realistic it is. The Airbus I learnt by reading the FCOM, and that too is a bible.

Thanks for your help,

Robbie