PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable CFS?

wskwong
9th Apr 2009, 21:31
Anyone know if I can get an old copy of CFS that is downloadable somewhere? just want to learn the terminology from it.....

CaptW5
10th Apr 2009, 03:00
Try here:
IVAO Canada - Charts (http://www.ivao.ca/charts/cfs.html)

wskwong
10th Apr 2009, 18:32
Thanks that's exactly what i need....

but one interesting thing though on that site...."Do not use for real life navigation"....

I thought we are supposed to use that......

J.O.
10th Apr 2009, 18:37
It expired on January 19th, and there have been many changes in the latest version, so using it for navigation could leave one open to significant errors. For your study purposes, there's nothing wrong with using it for reference.

No one publishes a downloadable version of the current CFS. It is only available in paper format.

wskwong
10th Apr 2009, 19:52
Awesome, thanks alot~! i thought the online version is a heavily modified version or something :p

wskwong
7th Jul 2009, 15:31
Hi all, I thought this question is relevant to the CFS so i didn't create a new thread.....

Can I find the frequency to be used in a class F airspace? e.g. I am interested in knowing the freq to be used in the Glen Valley practice area in the lower mainland of Vancouver. It has only the ID CYA181. How do I look that up?

YZFATC
7th Jul 2009, 18:06
Try calling a flying club or flight school in Abbotsford or Langley. They should be able to tell you. I had a look at my VTA and it doesn't have the frequency listed.

sapper6fd
7th Jul 2009, 20:09
There is a new VTA out, Just an FYI. Lots of new changes and airspace restrictions.

wskwong
7th Jul 2009, 23:04
yes I have the newest VTA chart and it doesn't tell me the frequency either.

So i thought it would tell me in the CFS....but then the CFS is sorted based on airport name and didn't say anything apparently for a specific class F airspace?

+TSRA
14th Jul 2009, 13:22
Hey all,

I know its been a couple days since last post, but just in case anyone was interested:

NAV CANADA - Canadian Airport Charts (airport diagrams) (http://www.navcanada.ca/NavCanada.asp?Language=en&Content=ContentDefinitionFiles%5CPublications%5CAeronautical InfoProducts%5CCanadianAirportCharts%5Cdefault.xml)

This is the Canadian Airport Chart. It is a downloadable file which is kept up-to-date. It has some of the information from the CFS but in more of a CAP style, with more focus on the airport itself rather than facilities.

BCFastcats
15th Jul 2009, 01:41
122.75 is the correct frequency for Glen Valley and the Pitt Lake (or North) practice areas (and maybe Sumas too).

Fly safe.

wskwong
15th Jul 2009, 03:04
hey thanks for that info........Yes I just found out about that from another student as well....

but where am I supposed to get that when it's not in the VTA chart? the CFS? (Sorry I don't have a copy of that yet as it's still abit far away for me to do my first cross country)

RatherBeFlying
18th Jul 2009, 00:31
Google site:tc.gc.ca Designated Airspace Handbook

It might be there

SAR_ Zipperhead
29th Jul 2009, 04:06
That's the rub with Glen Valley CYA and the surrounding areas. Only those using it know the frequency. Transiting aircraft wisely monitor 123.2 or 126.7 and encounter near misses with aircraft working the periphery of that CYA. Been there, done that.

FWIW, the frequency is listed on a piece of paper stapled to the wall at the flying club in Chilliwack - that's about as official as it gets.