PDA

View Full Version : B777 FIX Page

Spooky 2
9th Apr 2009, 19:39
Maybe someone here can point me to a definitive reference? I have been told that the B777 FMC does not update the FIX Page after a waypoint/VOR/NDB has been inserted in 1L. I find this hard to believe but maybe it is true. The Honeywell B777 FMS Pilots Operating guide makes no mention of this. Can anyone point me to a more definitve guide to this subject?

extreme P
10th Apr 2009, 03:13
Big Boeing Guide (http://www.cockpitcompanion.com/servlet/the-12/Big-Boeing-Guide/Detail)

If the answer is not in this book it's probably not published.

777AV8R
10th Apr 2009, 03:24
Nope, the fix is not dynamically updated.
You can insert Lat/Long, valid waypoint name/abeam point and from that enter any bearing/distance from that, if required.
Hope thats what you were looking for.

Willie Everlearn
10th Apr 2009, 03:50
Check your B777 manual under Flight Management, Navigation -
FMC Cruise.
There is no position updating (or need for position updating) of a FIX when identified/inserted on the FIX page. It is where it is on the surface of the planet and as such is contained in the database as a Lat/Long and Elevation. It doesn't move but its' Lat/Long are influenced by magnet variation from time to time. Your aircrafts' position relative to it, moves and it is your aircraft position which needs updating, not the FIXs.
When you think about DME and its use for aircraft position updating it would make sense the DME signal should eminate from a fixed object.
Typically, DME is a position reference used with IRS and GPS to generate a blended aircraft position.

Hope this helps?
Willie :ok:

Spooky 2
10th Apr 2009, 11:33
Thanks to all that replied!