PDA

View Full Version : DC 9 Landing Performance

acebaxter
8th Apr 2009, 20:38
Does anyone know of a website where I can look at landing performance on a contaminated runway for a DC 9 32?

Thanks,

Jim

Flyman35
8th Apr 2009, 20:41
I think it is stated in the FCOM

acebaxter
9th Apr 2009, 04:33
That might be true, but I don't have one. I'm looking at a DC 9 as a possible aircraft for a specific job. If we buy them, then I'll look in the aircraft manual.

Jim:ok:

FR8TDOGii
9th Apr 2009, 04:57
You might want to look at this site:
Boeing: Commercial Airplanes -- Commercial Aviation Services -- Flight Operations Support -- Airport Technology -- DC-9 Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/dc9.htm)

Flyman35
9th Apr 2009, 06:32
cool, I just want to say that I a DC-9 captain once told me that this type is not good in control during wet runways.of course I like that aircraft as I flew it for 700 hours before converting to the A320.

grebllaw123d
9th Apr 2009, 07:46
I flew for 17 years on the DC-9 (20/33F/41/51) and the MD80 series - as F/O and Captain - in a major European airline with a large fleet of the mentioned types.
I have never heard of, nor experienced any control problem when operating on contaminated (incl. wet) runways.
However it is important that the ground spoilers are extended as fast as possible after touch down on a contaminated runway in order to have complete control of the aircraft.
The ground spoilers extend by a wheel spinup signal, so make the touch down a little firm to avoid any skidding, which might delay the deployment.
In addition, when the nosewheels touch down the weight on wheels switch will send a ground spoiler deploy command, and of course they may be deployed manually.

Very nice airplanes to fly!:ok:

brgds

Capt Claret
9th Apr 2009, 14:14
I'm looking at a DC 9 as a possible aircraft for a specific job. If we buy them, then I'll look in the aircraft manual.

Couldn't you be setting yourself up for a nasty surprise if you don't look in the AFM until after you've bought?

The co I fly 717s for (DC9 on steroids) doesn't use contaminated rwys.

acebaxter
9th Apr 2009, 19:06
Thanks folks,

I wouldn't dream of buying an airplane without going thru all the manuals first. This is just a preliminary evaluation to see if the aircraft even has a chance.

Jim