PDA

View Full Version : getting job but 7 years contract?

indian eng
6th Apr 2009, 15:42
hi guys i am really confuse about that should i take job or reject ?pls help me i am having just one day to make decision on it .these r the details

i have been offered a job by an airline which operate only dornier 228 aircraft and they will send me on course and will pay all TR cost but they want me to sign 7 years contract.

i am really confuse because dorneir i dont think i will have any future when i leave the company because no where in world right now dornier is flying.this could be good offer if i see because i am just 21 and passed out my AME licence course 1 year back and offerd a job to be AME which is something that matters to me in this bad condition of aviation because from last 6 month i am sitting jobless at home?

parabellum
7th Apr 2009, 02:07
21 now so 28 at end of contract. Probably around 4,000+ hours and maybe half of that 'In Command'? Doesn't sound bad to me, in seven years time we hope the world economy is in better shape than now, you will be in line for the RHS of something like a B737 or A320.

Be thankful for a job at times like these, many people are being laid off.

ProudPilot
7th Apr 2009, 04:19
Yeah,

A lot of us would sign that contract, a guaranteed pay check would be really nice, assuming you like the company. There are a lot of us looking at 5+ years of flight instructing 6 days a week... so 7 years, I would go for that.

What's the company and who do I e-mail?

Nashers
7th Apr 2009, 05:39
why have you posted the same thing in two forums? you have loads of answers from the one in the interviews section already...