PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite cabin crew?

sergei118
5th Apr 2009, 14:45
Opinions?

Out of the airlines i've flow I would say Jetstar, Turkish Airlines and Thai

thatscaptaintou
5th Apr 2009, 14:58
Virgin - smart, young & v hot!

Little Blue
5th Apr 2009, 16:15
bmibaby....
But I have to say that, really.....well, I am crewing !!:uhoh:

ACARS
5th Apr 2009, 17:27
SLF within Europe.

KLM by far the best. :ok:

turbocharged
5th Apr 2009, 17:45
SIA, easyJet (yep, not joking)

Cannot agree about THY

profot
5th Apr 2009, 18:26
Singapore for service
BA for experience
Virgin for hotness

Obviously whilst acting as slf, i'd like an airline with a combo of the three

birddream
5th Apr 2009, 18:38
have not yet fly BA , assuming similar to Qantas.
VS girls are hot indeed, but dont expect too much about services (except premium or upper i guess.) Swiss is ok, Asian style at JL and Bangkok Airways, believe EK are far more better than Gulf Air, no feeling at all at CX.

homesick rae
5th Apr 2009, 18:56
Singapore for service
Singapore for experience
Virgin for service
Emirates for inconsistent service (but still fly with them all the time to DXB)

EZYA319
5th Apr 2009, 20:00
EASYJET!!!!!all the way but then I am biased!!!!

HighHeeled-FA
5th Apr 2009, 20:11
I've crewed for two airlines and have been an SLF on many. Singapore Airlines has the best service in my opinion (no bias I have never worked for them). Emirates I believe did and still has excellent service albeit inconsistent depending on the route but this has always been the case.

I must agree with a lot of the comments though because I'm sure this is what the original poster really wanted to hear - and that is who has the fittest attendants? Simple no contest - Virgin. bias? hell yeah!

L'aviateur
5th Apr 2009, 20:14
KLM = For the only crew have invited me out with them, which I thought was really decent of them. (I also like the inflight Pot Noodles)

For other airlines, i've never really had an experience which i've really thought as something more then what you'd expect, but never really experienced truly bad service.

wowzz
5th Apr 2009, 20:37
Sorry, I know this is not argumentative and therefore not 'interesting' but on a 'day in day out basis' it has to be BA. I remember a few years ago a diverted flight to Montreal rather than Toronto [fog] and the crew were brillant especially the guys at the 'sharp end' who tok the time to describe all the issues and explain why we were going to be 24 hours late!
The interesting point is that when we did finally arrive at our destination, none of the pax had a word of complaint, thanks to the work of all the BA staff inolved. So forget all the nonsense about 'hot' f.a. [How 70s is that?] Who would you want to be flying with when things go awry.

long-gonner
5th Apr 2009, 21:22
Best over all EK.

Worst over all LOT.

Worst in USA is USAirways, United is a close 2nd

Of course this all depends on what day of the week you fly :ugh:

jethrobee
5th Apr 2009, 21:25
My top 3 are :-
1) Virgin Blue
2) BA (although can be inconsistent)
3) Virgin Atlantic

My bottom 3 :-
1) Air France
2) American Airlines
3) Delta

nivsy
5th Apr 2009, 21:35
Am sure the best are GOING to be the ones operating my early United flight to IAD on Thursday!:*

Nivsy

The Real Slim Shady
6th Apr 2009, 00:15
My missus.

Hello dear :D

Aloyscious
6th Apr 2009, 02:10
1st- SIA
2nd-CX
3rd-MAS

James' Bro
6th Apr 2009, 03:14
EVA AIR and CHINA AIRLINES

Have anyone travelled on both these Taiwanese carriers lately?

Service, attitude, food, etc improved tremendously !
However, communication skills lacking ... and attire.
If given a makeover, can be on par or even better than some premium carriers !:ok:

Sandwich Sister
6th Apr 2009, 05:53
Singapore Airlines
Thai
BA

No bias as I never worked for any of these airlines.
KLM is low on my list of favourites unless you fly up front, in which case they are great...

AGNES
6th Apr 2009, 06:05
1st Dragonair
2nd ANA
3rd JAL

BTW, CPA had been voted the best airline in Skytrax survey again!

Tintop
6th Apr 2009, 06:54
If only I was brave enough ...... but has to be Thomson ......

Morning Dear ......

I might be daft but I'm not stupid .......

HighHeeled-FA
6th Apr 2009, 08:50
This is a actually really good thread and I have often tried to think of what would constitute "favourite cabin crew", and hence coming up with things that I could bring to the table during feedback/workstream meetings.

Just like "what is your favourite airline", so many things are taken into account. For example, I have been SLF on many airlines. If the flight is on time, food is served timely and looks good, and my seat is not broken and my IFE system works, then that is a really good flight! So naturally, I would say all aspects are good including cabin crew. So it is only when there are problems that you can really see how good the cabin drew are.

Earlier I said that Singapore have the best cabin crew. But I have never had any problems on a Singapore Airlines flight. But the cabin crew are so welcoming, friendly faces - glowing faces and they seem to have genuinely friendly smiles. Now perhaps this is a psycolgical thing - I'm sure there are psycologists that have worked out what is a naturally friendly face that all humans are instantly attracted to (in terms of feeling at ease, comforted, trust etc).

And perhaps the reason people say Singapore, and a few middle eastern airlines is because the cabin crew are mostly from South-East asia like philippines, thailand etc and perhaps they just have the "right" face. So the moment you meet this cabin crew, they already have points in the bag because immediately you feel at ease.

On the other hand, I can think of a few english colleagues in my present work that are so friendly and sociable but they always look like they have just had an argument with their bf/husband! They just can't help it. So from a pasenger point of view, that is not a good advertisement for the airline. And this is perhaps why european airlines do not feature so high in people's opinions.

I also believe that the uniform has a very big importance and I am surprised when I see other airline's cabin crew because surely every airline must employ a fashion designer who has experience with knowing what colours give the right impression and what style - again we are back to the psycological reasons.

I honestly believe (and I'm trying not to be biased here) but Virgin really do look the best. The striking red colour but also the style. It is extremely smart and has great lines and I think people really to take to it well when they see a group of us walking in the airport. I hope I haven't started an argument!

mellymoo
6th Apr 2009, 10:44
Emirates/Etihad combined first - crew polite, always try and help
Qatar - 2 nd
BA - 3rd some of the hosties are not too kind, however my last trip were lovely.
Virgin - 4th service was awful out of JNB!!
Lastly Air Canada got attacked by the FA as I wanted different choice of meal and she pushed me into my seat - did get offered an upgrade by the seniors said no thanks!! - then they took us of the flight going home, bags were split open ruined ski jackets!! Did compensate us but overall experience NEVER AGAIN!!

robo283
6th Apr 2009, 10:55
For much the same reason as Tintop and Slim Shady, my vote is for Jet2.com.

"We all love Leeds, we all love Leeds, etc". :ok:

A300Man
6th Apr 2009, 12:15
Singapore Airlines is probably the most consistently good. Emirates is inconsistent. Etihad not bad at all. Thai is also good. Qatar is good. And - gasp - I actually love the homely, familiar and friendly service offered by the senior crew at the front in F class on Air-India's new Boeings!! They may not have all the latest gizmos and gadgets and super technology. But, hey, I've got all that at home anyway. When I step on a 'plane, I prefer the human contact element of Customer Service and a break away from the day-to-day gadgets. Hence I've mentioned Air-India.

And BA is also hard to beat.

Viola
6th Apr 2009, 18:50
Friends of mine who fly regularly say Singapore are the best.

scottpe
6th Apr 2009, 19:16
There is something very comforting and I'm proud to say "British" when boarding a BA flight from somewhere like Baku, Tripoli or Kiev. Singapore and Thai have that real Asian air of hospitality. Enjoyed my one flight with Etihad and none of my flights with ANY of the US carriers! The worst European CC? Alitalia and Air France!

Autobrakes4
6th Apr 2009, 23:21
The annual Skytrax awards have been released and the.......

Best cabin staff

1. Malaysia Airlines

2. Asiana Airlines

3. Thai Airways

4. Singapore Airlines

5. Cathay Pacific

Not surprisingly, Qantas is nowhere to be seen!

Also;

Best in-flight entertainment

1. Emirates

2. Singapore Airlines

3. Virgin Atlantic

4. Cathay Pacific

5. Qatar Airways

Best first class

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Emirates

3. Qatar Airways

4. Cathay Pacific

5. Thai Airways

Best business class

1. Etihad Airways

2. Singapore Airlines

3. Virgin Atlantic

4. British Airways

5. Air New Zealand

Best economy class

1. Qatar Airways

2. Asiana Airlines

3. Air New Zealand

4. Singapore Airlines

5. Malaysia Airlines

6th Apr 2009, 23:40
Virgin!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS_6HHQ7jOA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS_6HHQ7jOA)

flyin_phil
7th Apr 2009, 00:29
- easyJet (i work with some beautiful girls at LTN)

- Wizzair (yes ive flown a few times with them as SLF, and what lacks of the legroom makes up for some of the most beautiful eastern european girls in the airline)

- THY turkish airlines

- BA (all the crew ive seen when flying SLF have been wonderful, especially a little mention to the crew on BA677 IST-LHR on 14th dec 08, a real fun crew and very helpful to me giving advice etc on my new cc job for EZY)

:ok: phil

IFLy4Free
7th Apr 2009, 02:28
Royal Jordanian
Azal
United
Air Tran

Worst

American (and I flew for them)
Continental
Air France

shobakker
7th Apr 2009, 11:50
Yes, another vote for Thomson from me...:ok:

Continental have always been excellent as have BA. I'll also go completely against the vein and say that Virgin are amongst the worst I've experienced.

If I was being completely sexist and basing this on looks alone, due entirely to a flight to Oz many, many moons ago, Lauda Air. The recruitment of their staff back in the early 90's MUST have been a tough job - every one of them was blond and every one of them was stunning.

Mind you that might have had something to do with the fact that Nikki Lauda was piloting the plane that day! :confused:

Macker-1ie
7th Apr 2009, 18:14
aerlingus!!

pan-am
7th Apr 2009, 22:19
my fave would have to be

Charter - Monarch

European - Easy jet

American - Continental

British - British Airways

Asian - Cathy Pacific

Best over all - Virgin Blue

aeroDellboy
8th Apr 2009, 10:08
bmi Teesside crews always used to be helpful and friendly, when bmi bothered to fly from Teesside.

TAP Portugal have always been good.

KLM generally OK, but occasionally less than interested.

EasyJet variable - some OK, some miserable.

NorthWest often have a bad attitude.

Personal opinion only, respect to all crew having to put up with miserable sods like me all day. :)

mizake the mizzen
8th Apr 2009, 11:15
My vote goes to the Inverness based FlyBE team- all friendly, caring and courteous individulas.
A close second would be British Airways,-followed by Cathay, Lufthansa, VLM, Easyjet, Germanwings, Loganair and Thomson.
Worst experiences I have had would be with TAP Air Portugal and Iberia whose CC unfortunatly didnt reflect the normally genuine hospitable nature of their respective nations on the occassions I have flown with them; cant say I've ever been impressed by Virgin either sadly.

airbus_galley_girl
8th Apr 2009, 13:50
:eek: Funny... No one has mentioned Qantas...

firstchoice7e7
8th Apr 2009, 15:07
Always the Glasgow BA Shuttle crew, now they are no more :{

BUT loving the :

BA LGW Crew - consistently good

BA LHR Club Eurofleet Pursers - always go the extra mile

FCA (Now TOM) Manchester crew - Really friendly and up for a laugh

EZY Crew - full of character

Thanks to all the friendly ones out there :ok:

Thumbs down to the moany cruellas :(

boeingbus2002
8th Apr 2009, 15:13
MEA!! :ok:

Wee Jock McPlop
8th Apr 2009, 18:20
As a bloke who travels mostly with his family nowadays, I cannot look past Virgin Atlantic. The Flight Attendants always look after my kids really well, despite the fact that the last place they probably want to be is amongst the family 'scrum' that is the back of the 747-400 to/from MCO!!:eek: Kind, attentive, helpful and my kids cannot wait to fly them again - enough said. Next time though, I'll try get us further forward and away from the screaming babies.:{

As for 'foxyness', they could have a face like a bag of spanners:eek: for all I care. It's just that if they did, they'd scare the kids - that's why we go Virgin:E

Jock

Runway 31
8th Apr 2009, 19:20
Airbus galley lassie, The Quantas crews I flew with in Janauary and February were very nice and did a grand job in looking after me and my wife on the 8 flight were on. Don't know if they were the best but we had no complaints.

Gibon2
9th Apr 2009, 09:59
SIA, easyJet (yep, not joking)

It’s strange, but I completely agree with this. Certainly, in travelling with babies and toddlers, I have found CC from these two airlines to be consistently the most efficient, helpful and supportive – and all with a smile. Long-haul and short-haul present different challenges, and with SQ one expects (and certainly pays for) a lot. Expectations are lower for stingy no-frills LCCs like easyJet, so I find their CC performance all the more impressive.

:eek: Funny... No one has mentioned Qantas...

Well, without wanting to hurt any feelings, I think this is because Qantas cabin crew are, in general, pretty mediocre. There are honourable exceptions, of course, but in my (entirely subjective but extensive) experience, the average Qantas cabin performance is consistently below that of BA, and far out of the SQ league. Not that it’s terrible; just kind of plodding, unfocused, average and dull. I’m sure the safety training is second to none, and I have complete faith that Qantas CC would do a fine job in evacuating a burning aircraft. But the service – sorry, it’s just not very good. (And you will note that QF doesn't appear in the Skytrax lists quoted earlier in this thread.)

I’m Australian, so it hurts to say this. But I think the best single investment that Qantas could make in improving its cabin service is to give each crew member a free long-haul flight on SQ, so they can see how it’s done properly.

Bigmouth
10th Apr 2009, 20:07
Don't really understand the big deal about Emirates and Virgin. Found them both to be quite average.
If I want a smile and some personal attention I agree with the Singapore fans here. If on the other hand I want to count on the attendants getting 100 pax out of the aircraft after a rather wet landing on the Hudson, I might go with someone else.

Avman
10th Apr 2009, 22:17
:zzz::zzz: Party pooper here! Sorry folks, but I find these kind of "surveys" totally useless unless the posters have experienced travel on all the world's airlines. I fly regularly, but probably on only about a dozen different operators per year. How can I judge which airline has the best F/As in the world? In any case, my 45 years flying as pax has taught me that the greater majority of F/As do a brilliant job. For me it comes down to individual personalities and not airlines. You can experience exceedingly good to excrutiatingly bad with the same airline within a couple of days. So, the best F/A in the world for me is the one I married 36 years ago. :)

Final 3 Greens
11th Apr 2009, 07:19
Big Mouth

Don't really understand the big deal about Emirates and Virgin. Found them both to be quite average.

Both provide inconsistent service IMHO/experience and if you catch them on a very good day, you'll notice - but you obviusly didn't ;)

Avman

I agree with your comments - even very frequent flyers only see a tiny sample of the service :ok:

Did have a good flight with BA from Malta to London last week, I was very tired and the purser quickly picked that up from our conversation and left me alone, although discretely checking from time to time, whether I was okay by walking past and observing - that's the sign of a class operator.

BAOREY
11th Apr 2009, 08:14
I find the best to be SQ who are everything you wanr good CC to be. Despite the inconsistencies i find that BA are also very good but lack the special edge that SQ have.

Being based in the ME I very frequently fly with EY and find the CC helpful and pleasant but the downside is that from a cabin safety point of view they are shambolic, their only saving grace is that GF are even worse

I also really like
Dragonair
Malaysian
Qatar Airways
Cathay

To be honest its very rare that i find unpleasant or difficult CC and without doubt those in the ME face the worlds most difficult passengers. and agree with AVMAN that they do an excellent job in challenging circumstances. Its easy to criticise them when we only see part of the story.

kotakota
11th Apr 2009, 09:12
I agree with the earlier comment about Lauda girls in the 90s - I had the pleasure of flying for them in the mid 90s , and the best days of the year to be in the office were the CC recruitment days - jaw dropping , and to think they only took on a percentage of them !!
The Chief Pilots girlfriend was CC who also moonlighted as an underwear model . The roadside mega-poster of this vision caused many an accident .
airAsia girls were also fantastic when I did a stint with them in 05 , so cheerful despite the pay !!
Bless them all I say.

eliptic
11th Apr 2009, 09:21
Singapore Air or almost any of the Asian airlines outstanding others

AF is absolutely the worst! KLM Professional but my god so boring cabin crew

HeathrowAirport
11th Apr 2009, 13:47
British Airways sexy and sophisticated... One of the CC I had on my EGLL-EDDF flight on BAW902N was a hottie all the way :p:p

larssnowpharter
11th Apr 2009, 15:46
Based in the ME so have used most of the local airlines.

Rate QR as the best in the area for a combination of good in flight entertainment and cabin staff. For me fly the routes I need. Good loyalty programme as well.

We use BA flying back to the UK and it is always a pleasure inasmuch as flying long haul with 2 youngsters can be.

However, if the vote is for 'hotties' my vote has to go to Cebu Pacific; the female cabin staff are totally stunning and one uniform (haven't seen it for a while, mind) is shorts.:ok: The in flight entertainment programme is a hoot; you have to have been there and seen it tho'.

Worst airline I have flown on: LOT

Avitor
11th Apr 2009, 15:58
Sharon.....purser with the late lamented (for me) XL.

TightSlot
11th Apr 2009, 19:26
After decades of working to try and change attitudes, it is depressing to see how many of you assess your crew performance with your pen15 rather than your brain

Edit - 23:10:
Sorry - Bad Mood tonight - ignore

al446
11th Apr 2009, 19:32
Avman - I take it Mrs Avman takes the occasional look on PPrune.:)

As regards KLM, my only experience was pretty negative on AMS - YVR. When I asked what exactly I was eating only to express disbelief at the answer (sweet & sour chicken and rice, could have fooled me) got reply "Well, is airline food" then she walked away haughtily. They were not professional, they were haughty. I lived in Holland for 3 yrs so know that there are better. Will never fly KLM again.

draughtsman99
11th Apr 2009, 19:54
After decades of working to try and change attitudes, it is depressing to see how many of you assess your crew performance with your pen15 rather than your brainMaybe - to be devils advocate - you, and your airline would do better to accept the world as it is rather than foist transient PC ideas on people???

My vote goes to Singapore who demonstrated 'above and beyond the call' dedication to get 4 of us through Hong Kong in 20 mins after a typical BA screw up.

Not surprised the poor Q people don't get a mention after being told re overhead storage (or lack of) "a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do on this airline, maite!!
This was following a flight where an Aussie football team had comandeered the entire staff to serve them to the EXCLUSION of all other passengers.

Avman
11th Apr 2009, 23:48
al446, no actually she doesn't. :)

Now, about KLM: why judge an airline on one experience? Many of my C class L/H flights are with KLM (incl AMS - YVR) and on the whole I find them professional and pleasant. Sure you can have the odd bad apple, but my point above is so can any other airline. As for food, well OK KLM food may not be a Michelin Star gastronomic experience, but I've only ever had one main course I couldn't eat. Just took the wrong choice on the day. I've had that with other airlines too. To be honest, I don't expect too much from any airline as far as eating at FL350 and above is concerned. I conceed that some Asian airlines may be better, but they charge a whole lot more too!

I shall be having my first L/H C class experience with QANTAS in November. That should be interesting after some of the comments in this and other threads.

eliptic
12th Apr 2009, 08:17
KLM..i am a FB Platinum and *A Gold i fly about 100K with KLM and 50% of the flights are with pleasant Cabin Crew the rest is just opposite! untill now all my Asian flights are 100% perfect.

And someone was talking attitude, sometime i feel i am there to serve the Crew and not the other way around,,especialy on AF but KLM start to get infected from the merger hehe.

Anyway,,after the new FB changes:ugh: i am not flying AF/KLM anymore,,

Avman
12th Apr 2009, 09:27
Well, perhaps unlike many of you, unfortunately I have to pay for my C class tickets out of my own pocket. (this is not a criticism - just a fact). I can't afford SIA, CPA and like C fares. KLM give me the opportunity to fly in comfort at an affordable fare. I'm not arguing that they're as good than some of the top Asian airlines, but for me they're good enough for the price I pay.

Eliptic, what FB changes did you dislike?

skydriller
12th Apr 2009, 09:40
KLM - They were not professional, they were haughty
I think this sums up on average half of my KLM experiences, which are mostly European flights, but a smattering of international. There seems to be a difference, Ive noticed, depending upon which generation the cabin staff are, on Euro-flights the Ex AirUK era girls seem much, much better than some of their newer collegues for instance.

Air France is a bit mixed in my opinion, they can be very good, but when they are bad it really is gallicly (sp!?) terrible!!

BA is consistantly good, and I think they definitely shine on flights to certain destinations, ie those the crews know you are normally glad to be away from!!

I think that American & Delta are by far the worst airlines on the planet...in every respect you are SLF cattle to their staff and it has gotten even worse since 911. United are only slightly better due to staff at least being friendly!

As for the ME/Asian airlines I have only limited experience of these and only SQ was really notably better than anyone else, but maybe thats because I was expecting those ailines to be better.

Regards, SD..

eliptic
12th Apr 2009, 09:53
Hi Avman..

Many times i have found Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, ticket price lower then KLM.

Many of us FB are really pissed on the new rules and like you see here:
Flying Blue - 1st of April changes Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/afklfb/petition.html)

There are just no reason to collect miles anymore (miles taxes are also ridicules) ,,other for lounge access maybe.:*

eliptic
13th Apr 2009, 10:55
Hi Avman,

Google: flyingblue+petition and you will find how many are against:ugh: the new rules and also what the new rules are

I did give you the link but it was :mad:

flyblue
14th Apr 2009, 09:29
eliptic,
nothing was censored, and if you had read carefully what was on your screen, you'd have learned that since you are new to the site your posts might need the approval of a Mod before they are visible. This to avoid the spammers' pollution.

eliptic
14th Apr 2009, 14:17
Flyblue,,

Sori:ok:

raejones
14th Apr 2009, 15:58
Have to mention Austrian Airlines here....! Before you shout me down...hear me out !
Now, I've not flown them, but I was at the next gate along to one of their flights from Dulles several years ago when all the cabin crew arrived ready for their flight. My friends and I were struck by this particular blonde stunner who really was a sight to behold...and then, who should appear...but her identical twin sister - also cabin crew and on the same flight...! I kid you not...talk about wanting to change our tickets for a flight to Vienna.

Munnyspinner
14th Apr 2009, 19:19
Got to be BA - surely!

Ok , I'm kidding!:ok:

wannabecc
14th Apr 2009, 19:31
For me it would have to be Malaysia Airlines and Lufthansa. This is not just based on one flight, but multiple sectors with the level of service and efficiency being the same on all of them. Malaysia Airlines definitely leads the way from the two though, the most genuine, down to earth and what would appear to be hand picked flight attendants!

gdiphil
14th Apr 2009, 19:42
I go to Sydney several times a year and have flown many different carriers in all classes except premium economy, but I have to say Asiana Airlines out classes everyone in terms of the quality of experience in economy. Plenty of leg room, wonderful staff, very comfortable seats, very clean washrooms all the time. I even like the food. They remind me of that excellent airline no longer around: BOAC.

Munnyspinner
14th Apr 2009, 22:16
Just to echo a grouchy but perfectly fair comment from Tightslat.

I do find it a bit worrying that SLF rate CC on looks and sex appeal and, apparently little else. I'm sure the 'Hottie' on the flight EGLL to EDDF would be delighted to know she had been oggled for the duration. No doubt she spent the retrun flight fantisizing about the overweight munter in 26B who kept making inane wisecracks and inappropriate inuendos. Perhaps it would be different if his Mom were travelling with him. Likewise to all the other depraved Pax who can't accept that being slim , blond and sexy has little to do with how good someone is at doing their job.

Perhaps somone should start a dangerous stalkers thread to warn any unsuspecting 'hotties'.

fyrefli
14th Apr 2009, 22:45
I think I honestly have to say easyJet. Obviously there is always the odd bad apple, as I have related occasionally on this board, but overall they are generally excellent, in particular in dealing with the wide demographic spread they have on any given flight (bear in mind most of my trips on EZY have involved Schiphol, so there's a huge spread from stag / hen trips to business parties on-board). I've worked at a fairly high level in service industries before (in both service and managerial capacities, in high-quality hotels) and I admire their general ability to speak to the person(s) they're speaking to, rather than adopt some droid-like, unchanging attitude to all and sundry.

KLM are generally good but I think, as elsewhere with the Dutch, I'm spoilt by their tending to treat me very well since I'm an Englishman who has bothered to learn their language :D I've seen too many sloppy or disinterested individuals though to put them level with EZY.

I've quite enjoyed the BMI / BMIBaby experience, although nothing to write home about. I'll not detail the airlines I've disliked, but you can guess at least one of them ;)

Michael SWS
14th Apr 2009, 23:09
British Airways for me every time. I have always found them to be unfailingly professional, polite and helpful, and - above all - I feel confident that they would be of very real assistance in an emergency.

Special thanks to the lovely BA lady who assisted so heroically when I was vomiting bucketloads as we circled EWR in a storm. :)

aeroDellboy
15th Apr 2009, 02:30
Flew with Delta for the first time today since their joining with Northwest. NWA used to be known as Northworst, but Delta were worse. My seat was double booked, crew weren't interested and as here were no spare seats in First, we both ended up going back to the gate where I was downgraded, even though I'd booked the seat last week.

Not a big thing, but after 12 hours travelling, could have done without it.

Romeo Delta
15th Apr 2009, 05:09
Northwest's domestic used to be crap, but their International service was quite good. Now NW's domestic is getting better, thanks to the Delta influence (at least to my experience).

Delta almost always treats me well, but then I'm a Platinum, and they seem to treat their Elites with a smoother glove than the sandpaper they treat the rest with.

Air NZ have always been great for me. Better than that other Western Pacific airline that starts with "Q".

I kinda liked Czech (last flew in 2001, though).

Korean was okay. Good on some (Seoul-Auckland, Seoul-Narita), touchy on others (Atlanta-Seoul)...

Continental and Alaska are top notch. United has been good, but not great, on both the mainline and Express flights. But my fave US carrier's service is American, by far. Very personal, even in Economy.

The worst, in my experience so far, has been US Airways. I've asked our office booking department to avoid them like the plague.

Best ever in the world, though? Finnair. By a mile... Or a couple Kilometres, at least. :ok:

(Having flown about 800k miles so far (500k in just the last 4 years), I have a pretty broad experience...)

(Oh, and if we're talking "hottest," anyone remember Hooters Air? Not the greatest SERVICE, mind you, but awfully fun to ogle...)

larssnowpharter
15th Apr 2009, 06:10
Likewise to all the other depraved Pax who can't accept that being slim , blond and sexy has little to do with how good someone is at doing their job.

I assure you that not a single one of the girls I was ogling was blonde.:}

Munnyspinner
15th Apr 2009, 09:56
But you are an overweight munter with no sense of humour?

mickchick
15th Apr 2009, 14:15
Forty years of flying as humble SLF, more than 400 flights (and every one nerdishly logged for my memoirs - how sad is that?) has given me firm views on which airlines' cc are best.
1. BA - without doubt consistently excellent. Their first class and business products are the best in the world.
2. VS - don't care about how the cc look, it's the service wot counts, and Virgin always try very hard.
3. ANZ - Excellent.

Ten West
15th Apr 2009, 19:09
Air Berlin every time. :ok:

Always pretty, polite and have very attractive uniforms. Yum!

strake
15th Apr 2009, 19:32
BA or Virgin......

....when going to, or coming from Narita with Japanese crew.

Totally different experience from the norm.

Globaliser
17th Apr 2009, 23:32
Funny... No one has mentioned Qantas...OK, I will: The London-based Qantas cabin crew are delightful. Well done, you girls and boys. When there's a crew change and a London crew gets on, it's like flying a different airline.

I think that BA crew are also great. I don't really care if they look hot (or not), nor whether they make a point of artificially fawning over me (or not). I want a team that will, between them, do a sincerely consistent good job.