4th Apr 2009, 08:49
Heard they went bust yesterday morning?

Anyone have any extra info?

HON
4th Apr 2009, 09:29
Please pass more information - any further info from others would be welcome

Nearly There
4th Apr 2009, 09:50
This popped up in the wannabe forums yesterday, but seems to have vanished.
The last post I read there was from a chap who stated he was chairman of the Cabair group and completely denied the rumour doing the rounds.

JohnRayner
4th Apr 2009, 11:17
Indeed. He also demanded the mods remove the thread, and seems to have got his wish! Some might say a bit draconian, given the title of the site!

Anyways, a trawl of tinternet reveals no further info. SO who knows?

fred peck
4th Apr 2009, 13:23
The aircraft at Elstree were chained up yesterday morning.

Flying again today.

aceflyer-jerz
4th Apr 2009, 14:30
"The aircraft at Elstree were chained up yesterday morning.

Flying again today. "

No doubt Aldenham Aviation LLP didn't have enough chains to go around :)

The real Iceman
4th Apr 2009, 16:52
Cabair at Blackbushe fully operational yesterday, so rumour looks to be just that !

The real Iceman :cool:

PilotPieces
4th Apr 2009, 17:00
Operational at Blackbushe today as well.

*Zwitter*
4th Apr 2009, 17:43
Plenty of activity at Cabair Biggin today

Oldpilot55
4th Apr 2009, 17:56
Whilst I have no love of Cabair I think this thread should be pulled. If they are trading they have not gone bust.

goatface
4th Apr 2009, 19:17
Two Cabair callsigns called to transit the overhead at around 1230 today, mind you, on the course set thereafter (with no deviation) the next stop would conceivably been Stavanger...:p

007helicopter
4th Apr 2009, 19:23
I would agree this thread should be chopped.

Pull what
4th Apr 2009, 21:00
"The aircraft at Elstree were chained up yesterday morning.

Take these chains from my undercart

vini123456789
7th Apr 2009, 20:56
Cabair has got 8 new D-42 delivered today .......
so have they really gone bust?????

smarthawke
7th Apr 2009, 21:32
I think there is a subtle difference between 'delivery' and 'bought'. It doesn't cost much to have leased aircraft (as nearly all Cabair aircraft are) delivered....

stickandrudderman
7th Apr 2009, 22:13
Well if you didn't keep posting it wouldn't keep getting bumped!!

I'm not a fan of cabair, but that doesn't mean I wish to contribute to it's downfall by undermining confidence here.

No replies required!

(And no, I don't have a vested interest; I have a business of my own that I wouldn't want to be treated this way).

Mickey Kaye
8th Apr 2009, 07:10
"8 new D-42 delivered today"

Are they the new Astro engined variants. It would be interesting to see how they perform.

L'aviateur
8th Apr 2009, 08:34
As an assumption/possibility; as is occurring in businesses worldwide, Cabair may have deferred a payment to a supplier or similar resulting in the actions witnessed. It is not a realistic indication of the sustainability of the business, as it can occur for a number of reasons.

When it starts happening regularly with many different suppliers, then that is a good indication of cash flow problems.

I know in the company I work for, at certain times we push suppliers to their limits in terms of payments.

The fact that the aircraft with Cabair are flying the next day, is an indication that whatever situation occurred was resolved quickly.

The information in this thread may be useful to people, in that it reminds them to use a little caution and follow the advice regularly imparted by those experienced in the industry to 'Not pay up front' or at least if you do, pay smaller amounts as you go. But this goes for any FTO, or to that matter any business you deal with in the current climate.

It would be irresponsible censorship to delete this thread on a 'Rumour' Forum, but maybe a change of title would be sensible.

DH-110
8th Apr 2009, 09:40
I am sure Flybe being a very astute airline would not have placed four sponsored FO training cadets(March 6th) with Cabair if the company was in trouble. Dunn and Bradstreet give Cabair a very good financial credit rating.

Sir Niall Dementia
8th Apr 2009, 11:49
Dunn and Bradstreet may give them a good credit rating, but from personal experience they are the worst and latest bill payers in general aviation.

There have been rumours for years and chained up aircraft has happened before (Bournemouth if I remember rightly)

P*** people off enough by not paying on time and rumours like this will happen.

Serves them damn well right.

DH-110
8th Apr 2009, 13:31
Message 20

Not according to the D&B report?

Peers Carter
24th Feb 2010, 10:08
Which one of the many Cabair companies has a 'good' D & B?