PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from AirWisconsin here??

Hawker-rider
13th Nov 2000, 17:52
Hey guys(gals),

i want to jumpseat, never did it before, and where i want to go my best option in flights etc. would be with Air Wisconsin

Does anybody know if they take on 135-pilots to jumpseat and if they have a special policy that they can only take so much jumpseaters with them on a flight(e.g. UAL's 1 max.)
I would appreciate any info from people at AWAC or people who tried it.

Thanks

Beaver Driver
13th Nov 2000, 20:53
Hawker
Been a while but if I remember right they only take one Jumpseater (only one jumpseat on the airplane) and I think your company must have a reciprocal agreement with them. The following is copied from the ALPA jumpseat guide and may be a little dated:

Air Wisconsin The jumpseat is offered to pilots of any carrier that has a reciprocal agreement with Air Wisconsin. Such pilots should check in at the gate and request a jumpseat. Air Wisconsin pilots have priority riding the jumpseat, then United pilots, then other carriers' pilots. Call *********** for information. To obtain a reciprocal agreement with the carrier, contact the Flight Dept. at 920/739-5123, ext. 6349 or the Chief Pilot at ext. 4120.

Having said this, I have seen a few discretionary jumpseats granted by the Captains. Can't hurt to check. Good luck.

pax domina
14th Nov 2000, 01:13
Glad to see you've got your answer! With a 920 area code looks like you're calling GRB or ATW.

I've flown on Air Wisconsin, not only when the entire a/c was in the olive/avocado & orange livery, but when you could say, "Jumpseat? Whazzat?" Room for about 9 pax (maybe 10 if someone sat in the middle of the back, like on a bus) and you could see in to the flight deck the entire time.

It was quite a change to go/to from being a pax on a 747 HNL/ORD to the puddle jumper ORD/ATW (and vice versa)! I remember being able to see a radar screen in the cockpit and seeing much larger a/c at ORD flying parallel to us. I just kept thinking parallel = good, anything other than parallel (unless high above us) = bad.

Thanks for bringing back some childhood memories. I've still got some 1970s photos of a/c with the complete AW livery somewhere. :)

[This message has been edited by pax domina (edited 13 November 2000).]