PDA

View Full Version : Rt Hon Lord Tebbit heads up Blue Fox

THE FIXER
1st Apr 2001, 18:07
Sunday Business today announces that Lord Tebbit heads up Blue Fox and that Derek Jewson ex CEO of Lauda is the CEO of Blue Fox.

It also states Blue Fox being the brainchild of Michael Lord-Castle is using B767-300ERs and that the first flight will be in March 2002.

Operating out of Stansted with their OWN TERMINAL, THEIR OWN AIRCRAFT AND THEIR OWN AOC.

Lord-Castle states that Blue Fox shall lead the way in Transatlantic quality travel at economy prices.

Interviewing will not take place until September 2001.

THE FIXER
2nd Apr 2001, 00:52
Nirj Deva the aviation MEP has also joined Blue Fox as has Peter Goeltz the former head of the NTSB USA

englandair
2nd Apr 2001, 01:09
Their own terminal?!
Do you fancy yourself as a bit of an April Fooler, Mr Fixer?

englandair
2nd Apr 2001, 01:14
I've just visited their website- I beg your pardon!

THE FIXER
2nd Apr 2001, 01:19
No problem!

Does sound good that they have their own terminal though. There is also a very special crew area.

Some of the Blue Fox guys are meeting soon to outline their plans. I am trying to find out where and when.

The Fixer

Deeko01
2nd Apr 2001, 12:37
Thought you were leaving PPRune spotter oh sorry I mean englandair

Anti Skid On
2nd Apr 2001, 13:13
Tebbo, eh???

Ah well, at least it might keep him from expressing his extremist views all the time!

[This message has been edited by Anti Skid On (edited 02 April 2001).]

Mooney
2nd Apr 2001, 17:08
Lord Tebbit used to drive for BOAC many years ago!

HugMonster
2nd Apr 2001, 20:05
Indeed he did - and I know a guy (former Outstation Manager) who had the enviable privilege once of suspending a certain F/O N. Tebbitt from duty!

As regards their own terminal, is the old terminal (with the former Avitat FBO, which certainly had some great crew quarters) still in usable state? I know that Metro have part of it, but perhaps there wouldn't be much work required northside before it was usable...

THE FIXER
2nd Apr 2001, 22:09
Interesting that we voted him in by a vast majority to head up BALPA. He has supported and fought for Pilots for many years, time now for us to support him!

THE FIXER
11th Apr 2001, 01:16
Anyone got any more news about Blue Fox, whats the latest?

heavychecker
11th Apr 2001, 11:09
This seems like a good invitation for a Blue Fox Pprune press release if previous Fixer/L-C threads are anything to go by!

StressFree
11th Apr 2001, 11:16
The last part of the old terminal at STN has recently been demolished. This morning there are builders on the site - maybe this will be the new Blue Fox terminal. Anyone got any more news?

:)

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

G-INGER Roger
11th Apr 2001, 16:15
Given that they are putting up new satellites at STN at the mo, and that KLMuk/buzz already run one satellite as their exclusive building, is this not the most likely explanation? I think PAX still have to transit through the main building and back on the monorail, so it is hardly a private hub, but I could be wrong.

------------------
Just keep it Ginger!

Basil
11th Apr 2001, 17:10
"extremist views " ??
Can I take it you've led a sheltered life? :)

Anti Skid On
11th Apr 2001, 18:04
Hardly a sheltered life, although I do not judge an individual on the basis of skin colour or creed, but on the contribution they can make to society (remember it was Tebbit's boss that stated "there is no such thing as society").

His views have consistently been to the far right, and have upset many within his own party. Just because of his former career, does not exempt him from criticism of his beliefs.

Just as freedom of speech allowed him to express these (albeit from a position of power), I am allowed to express my dislike of said person (refuse to use the word man!)

mcrit
11th Apr 2001, 20:07
Good luck Lord Tebbit. I hope it all goes well!!

Anti Skid On

'extremist'???!!!!???
I hardly think so.

[This message has been edited by mcrit (edited 11 April 2001).]

THE FIXER
12th Apr 2001, 02:21
Fortunately the majority of the British Public support an entrepreneurial approach. Sadly others such as “Anti Skid On” have little more to do than to find fault in anything they can. What we have here is a company that is at last going to give the public and staff a fair deal, and not have to charge over the top because of the inadequacies of poor planning, poor management and lack of support from their staff because the staff are not treated fairly and therefore do not give the level of support required. Blue Fox appear to have it right from the beginning, through careful planning and a considerable amount of knowledge in both management and aviation. Why do I write with such passion and beliefs, quite simply because I am proud to state that I have been offered a position within Blue Fox by Michael Lord-Castle. I therefore speak with knowledge. I am looking forward to working with Michael, Lord Tebbit and Derek Jewson in the new year. In response to the questions about the terminal I can state that the terminal in question is the current Metro Terminal. I can also state that they shall have their own car parking for up to 800 cars (valet parking).

joebloggs
12th Apr 2001, 02:53
I have been unable to find the Bluefox web site - Any pointers please? Thanks

THE FIXER
12th Apr 2001, 09:50
Hi....the web site is

WWW.BLUEFOXAIRLINES.COM (http://WWW.BLUEFOXAIRLINES.COM)

THE FIXER

The Guvnor
12th Apr 2001, 11:25
Wasn't Norman "On Your Bike" Tebbitt formerly an extremely militant BALPA Executive Committee type?

As Blue Fox's resident Rottweiler he should make the lives of the crews at BF rather interesting... :) :) :)

Capt Squat-thrust
15th Apr 2001, 00:42
Did'nt Norman Tebbitt write-off a meteor once
because he failed to notice/correct that his
trim was set fully nose down - then tried to
take-off?