PDA

View Full Version : 90 Year-Old gets license

News Shooter
1st Apr 2009, 12:31
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/03/31/farley.wa.90.year.old.KING)

Pace
1st Apr 2009, 14:05
It is great that he is flying at 90. Its not clear in the video whether he has actually got a licence or flying dual. It does state that he holds a medical.

Regardless I love people like that who dont see their life as over when they turn 70 as many do.

One of my best friends is a ferry pilot who completed 32 ferries in the course of last year.

Many of his flights are single pilot to and from the USA UK.

The difference is that he is over 75 years old, loves life and aviation and has an enthusiasm which many half his age dont have. Being in his company is uplifting while many of his age sit in front of the television with a blanket over their legs waiting for their departure from this life. Your health is your wealth.

Good on him

Pace

kevmusic
1st Apr 2009, 14:23
Excellent! :D:D So there's hope for me, then!! :}

BackPacker
1st Apr 2009, 14:53
What I've heard about this story is that he's had a pilots license for most of his life, but never flew again after his thirties or so.

As FAA PPLs don't expire, I guess what he really achieved was getting his medical renewed and a BFR done.

Despite this, well done!:ok: