PDA

View Full Version : State of Play - CASA LAME system

whissper
1st Apr 2009, 00:12
Hello

Can someone please explain to me the current state of play with CASA LAME system?

Trying to understand how/what EASA 66/JAA/FAA/SOE relate?

The basics I understand are along the lines of pass a big bundle of exams and gain practical experience. How is this practical experience gap best filled?

Some pointers would be helpful.

Cheers

Whissper

Hasherucf
1st Apr 2009, 08:23
Casa Basics are split into Engine , Airframe , Electrical , Instrument and Radio. You pass the exams you need to hold individual license, its easy to tailor to your needs . For example if you dont need turbine engines you only have to study piston exams.

Practical experiance is made up of a lot of 'Scheduled Maintenance' and task specific areas such as fuel systems ,instruments , electrical , flight controls etc. So the best way is to work a lot of scheduled servicing (periodic checks 100, 200 hourlys) , You will pick up retification work along the way to fill other tasks areas . It seems always hard to complete some task areas and you may need to go to other work shops to get that experiance. All that is logged into a SOE and if you have 4 years aviation experiance the required basics and are over 21 you can apply for a license.

As for EASA.... to me it seems some sort of money making affair and I am not sure when its meant to arrive.