PDA

View Full Version : Flying into Ostend

PompeyPaul
23rd Mar 2009, 19:56
Any tips on how to do this ? It looks like a simple enough gig. GenDec, flight plan route out call them 10 mins before getting to the zone. I've a list of areas to enter the TMA in. Anybody done this and have any information they want to share :) ?

julian_storey
23rd Mar 2009, 20:23
It's a while since I've been there - but whenever I've been there, they are extremely helpful.

You used to be able to get a bus into Brugges from outside the airport.

echobeach
23rd Mar 2009, 20:28
I went past last year en route to tempelhof. Pprune gave great advice. See tempelhof thread. Went dvr to kok and spoke to Oostende at half way point. Very easy and although quite long cross water in sep in straight line coast always not far to the right. Took a raft though !

Piper19
23rd Mar 2009, 21:44
EBOS is one you have to do, certainly in summer. I landed there a few times in a C152, with a 747 8 miles out as number 2. The marshaller gives you a drive from the GA parking to the office. When leaving the terminal, just go walk straight ahead, cross the street, and after a few hundred meters you're on the beach. Also nice restaurant in the terminal.
It looks simple and it is simple, just call Ostend Approach 10 minutes before entering the TMA or CTR. They will let you enter the TMA via a VFR reporting point, so just plan one of them in advance as a waypoint and you're safe. If you come from direction UK, just switch over to Ostend Approach mid channel.
Brugge is possible with train/bus, but Ostend itself is easier and has everything you need. Search for restaurant 'koekoek' in Ostend, they serve marvelous chicken.