PDA

View Full Version : Bond Helicopters - Australia contract

Ratman76
21st Mar 2009, 10:04
Does anyone have any information on the rumour I heard that Bond won a contract to operate out of Darwin Australia and Dili East Timor? Any idea which type they will operate if they infact have this contract?

Red Wine
21st Mar 2009, 10:15
S & PB operated here in years gone by, and are welcomed back.

If this rumour is true, then it’s another injury that CHC will have to address.

Heliringer
21st Mar 2009, 10:47
Do bond have an Australian AOC?

The only offshore operation that actually flies out of Darwin are the Jayrow S61s. (Operated by Canadian companies.)
CHC has a hangar there but only maintainence as far as I know.

This is good news as it will create more offshore jobs here in Australia if the rumour is true.

Gabra1
21st Mar 2009, 11:00
Does anybody know which oil company has awarded the contract to Bond?

industry insider
21st Mar 2009, 12:19
I was talking to a very reliable source who indicated that Bond won't be returning to Australia for any offshore contracts anytime soon.

212man
21st Mar 2009, 14:08
II,
Glad to see you are still alive - you've been very quiet recently!

illumin8
21st Mar 2009, 15:04
II,
I wouldn't call your source "very reliable" ;)

Ratman76
21st Mar 2009, 23:16
Have had several people tell me Bond have the contract, but no further info on when and which aircraft.

Ratman76
21st Mar 2009, 23:26
Bristow have a hangar in Darwin also, but is leased out at present

industry insider
23rd Mar 2009, 00:44

Quiet...not surprising really as I am sure you realise.

Illumin8

Source was SB himself

Ratman76
23rd Mar 2009, 07:16
Sure someone will have some further info soon.:)

spinwing
23rd Mar 2009, 09:28
Mmmmm ...

Did not Bond once own Lloyd Helicopters ... before CHC bought it out???

:E

pohm1
23rd Mar 2009, 09:54
This Bond?

Bond (http://alanbond.tv/)

This Bond?

Bond (http://susty.com/image/james-bond-daniel-craig-topless-bare-chest-tight-swim-trunks-bulge-package-walk-on-beach-sand-ocean-wrist-watch-muscles-ripped-body-physique-bare-foot-photo.jpg)

Or this Bond?

Bond (http://tajteatrail.com/ttt/full/_DSC3959.jpg)

P1

Impress to inflate
23rd Mar 2009, 12:00
I have heard the same rumours doing the rounds. The story's I have heard are Bond or bidding on the Timor Conoco Philips contract as well as a Darwin contract. God help us !

Ratman76
27th Mar 2009, 10:41
Interesting.

Bleed Valve
27th Mar 2009, 22:34
Bond have employed an ex-CHC marketing manager in Australia.:confused:

High Nr
27th Mar 2009, 23:52
And who would that be?

Do tell.

Savoia
15th May 2013, 12:11
15 May, 13

Bond Helicopters Australia Pty Ltd (Bond) is delighted to announce that it has won a competitive tender for the award of a multi-million dollar, five-year contract with the PTTEP Australasia Group of Companies (PTTEP), part of Thailand’s national petroleum exploration and production company. This is Bond’s first major contract in the region, and marks the company’s entry into one of the fastest growing offshore markets in the world.

Bond will provide three Eurocopter EC225 helicopters to support PTTEP’s operations in the Timor Sea. Flight operations are scheduled to begin in November 2013, from Mungalalu-Truscott, Western Australia.

Bond enters Australian market with multi-million contract | Helihub - the Helicopter Industry Data Source (http://helihub.com/2013/05/15/bond-enters-australian-market-with-multi-million-contract/)

taxying
15th May 2013, 12:53
This is a professional pilots RUMOUR network therefore all posts will now be required to have an RSN assigned to it.

The RSN rating will be from 1 to 10 with 1 being absolute crap and 10 being a confirmed TRUE 100% fact.

RSN (Rumour Strength Number)

For example: "CHC Darwin is not just a maintenance base and is , right now , a great place to be - RSN 10"

taxying
15th May 2013, 12:56
This is a professional pilots RUMOUR network therefore all posts will now be required to have an RSN assigned to it.

The RSN rating will be from 1 to 10 with 1 being absolute crap and 10 being a confirmed TRUE 100% fact.

RSN (Rumour Strength Number)

For example: "CHC Darwin is not just a maintenance base and is , right now , a great place to be - RSN 10"

:8

DOUBLE BOGEY
16th May 2013, 04:04
TAXYING

Whatever you are smoking - stop it!!

Chinook
16th May 2013, 05:41
Perhaps they'd consider the current one?

CopterDoctor
29th May 2013, 13:17
Recruiting to start in August , see the Bond website and select Australian Operations. Also Rumour of them talking with Phillips Conoco who currentley have CHC in East Timor.Recentley CHC has told them CHC OZ will withdraw and CHC Global will take over the contract -not taken well by PH.C management.
Not sure about the Australian helicopters link up. some CHC -ex Lloyd- guys have already jumped ship , and CHC's Perth office is now looking for people for all 3 top operations jobs. eeek eeek eeek -all at sea methinks.:(

yarpa
29th May 2013, 23:27
Copter Doc, there was a suggestion that the CP CHC was on the move, has he got the tap on the shoulder from Bond?

mollydog349
31st May 2013, 02:53
Nope he has not....only one from CHC going to BOND

Stallion85
31st May 2013, 12:41
Where did you found the information recruiting starting in August? ::confused:
I just get the contact information of the office.

Phone Wind
31st May 2013, 13:32
I heard CHC Chief Pilot going to HNZ?

mustering guru
31st May 2013, 13:50
Yep, CP 'RS' going to HNZ, the Offshore Managing Pilot 'NW' going to be CP for Aerogulf, head of C&T 'RM' going as well, around Nov if anyone can see the correlation there. About 5 pilots resigned recently, and another 5 have gone to CHC Global.....

Also there has been expressions of interest within the company for Capt and FO positions in Offshore and EMS (92 and 139)...makes no sense they would put a bunch of guys (225) on forced Leave without pay, accept redundancies from some of them, then advertise within for pilot positions...

At least CHC Global is keeping their 225 training budget down this year :)

spinwing
31st May 2013, 21:28
Mmmmm ...

NW going to Dubai ... CONFIRMED ..... In fact he should be there NOW!

:hmm:

yarpa
31st May 2013, 22:04
Too true Guru, Check and Training slot has just popped up on the Canadians web site.

Savoia
12th Dec 2013, 17:06
2 new EC225's for Bond Australia

Waypoint Leasing has taken delivery of two EC225 helicopters from Eurocopter at the Eurocopter Marignane production facility in France. The aircraft will be provided to Avincis Group’s subsidiary, Bond Helicopters Australia, under a sale and lease back agreement.

http://www.shephardmedia.com/static/images/article/bondies.jpg

Bond Helicopters will use the aircraft for offshore crew change missions as part of the company’s multi-million dollar, five year contract with the PTTEP Australasia Group of Companies – part of Thailand’s national petroleum exploration and production company.

Ed Washecka, CEO, Waypoint Leasing, said: ‘We are pleased to receive delivery of the EC225s, the first Eurocopter aircraft in our growing fleet, and to partner with Bond Helicopters Australia, a premier provider of energy support services to one of the fastest growing offshore oil and gas markets in the world.

‘Waypoint’s principals have worked with Eurocopter as well as Bond and other Avincis companies for many years, and we appreciate their ongoing support. This agreement exemplifies our approach to building lasting relationships with our partners.’

Eurocopter and Waypoint Leasing have already established a comprehensive commercial and marketing partnership for helicopter leasing, which includes the full capabilities of Eurocopter’s comprehensive Parts-by-the-Hour (PBH) support services.

Waypoint Leasing receives two EC225 helicopters - News - Shephard (http://www.shephardmedia.com/news/rotorhub/waypoint-leasing-receives-two-ec225-helicopters/)

meanttobe
12th Dec 2013, 17:23
Waypoint Leasing announces helicopter leasing transaction with CHC Helicopters | Vertical Magazine - The Pulse of the Helicopter Industry (http://www.verticalmag.com/news/article/26094#.Uqn-c3ggHCR)

The helicopter lease market now has Waypoint, Milestone and LCI all getting a slice of the action .

Savoia
12th Dec 2013, 18:43
Not forgetting Macquarie (who are impressively keen to grow their rotary-wing client base) and, so I hear, there is at least one (possibly two) 'newcomer/s' intending to join the market 'soon'.

212man
12th Dec 2013, 22:26
Not forgetting Macquarie (who are impressively keen to grow their rotary-wing client base) and, so I hear, there is at least one (possibly two) 'newcomer/s' intending to join the market 'soon'.

Exactly - headed by Jeff Pino......

Arro
15th Dec 2013, 14:21
Trying to get in touch with owners of Lloyd Helicopters which appears to have changed hands. Actually, I am doing research and would like to connect with a (former?) Lloyd pilot that married a lady named Veronica. Not sure how to PM in this forum but I will see any response in my email. Thanks much!