PDA

View Full Version : JAR Theoretical Knowledge Licensing Training & Examinations Learning Objectives

Greg2041
16th Mar 2009, 14:40
I am trying to find the PPL JAR Theoretical Knowledge Licensing Training & Examinations Learning Objectives on the JAA website but I can only find those relating to the ATPL. Does anyone have a web-link to the JAA site directing me to that infomation?

Many thanks

Greg

Whopity
16th Mar 2009, 15:25
I am trying to find the PPL JAR Theoretical Knowledge Licensing Training & Examinations Learning ObjectivesThere is no such thing, the JAA has never produced any PPL examinations.
There is a syllabus in JAR-FCL 1 and each State produces its own PPL papers.

Greg2041
16th Mar 2009, 17:21
Thanks, I was just looking for the PPL learning outcomes.

Apparently, JAR-FCL 1.125 is the document but I can't find a current version on the JAA/CAA website. Any ideas where you can download a copy?

Incidentally, if the JAA doesn't produce any papers is it the CAA that does?

Cheers

Whopity
20th Mar 2009, 18:31
JAR-FCL 1 Part 1 can be found here http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf The syllabus is in AMC FCL 1.125 which is in JAR-FCL Part 2, unfortunately Part 2 cannot be found on line. Your local flying club should have a copy! There are no "learning outcomes" You can also find the syllabus in an AOPA document

In the UK the CAA produce the PPL written exams.

Greg2041
22nd Mar 2009, 19:39
Thanks for the info. I found this link but not sure of its accuracy as it is dated 1999 although I am surprised that the CAA doesn't provide a specified Learning Outcomes document similar to the JAA ATPL one. I guess EASA will bring it all into line!

http://www.vluchtvoorbereiding.nl/documenten/jarsyllabus.pdf

Greg

Whopity
22nd Mar 2009, 20:06
Thats it. The CAA has no resources to provide such detail and there is no sign of any change from EASA, who have no technical expertise in this area. Its worked for the last 35 years so any change is unlikely.

Greg2041
22nd Mar 2009, 22:54
Thanks Whopity. The CAA must need more money then. Maybe it should put up its charges (joke)!

Thanks again.....

Greg

Whopity
23rd Mar 2009, 07:09
When JAR-FCL came along in 1999 they removed the requirement for ground examiners, there were 5 or 6 then, now there is only one! What will happen with the new EASA LPL and LPL(Basic) there are no exams! AOPA invented the NPPL but nobody ever produced any exams for it! The Microlight world write their own questions as did the SLMG world, but that ceased a few years ago and by default they adopted the JAA Questions.