PDA

View Full Version : GenDec and Non UK nationals

PompeyPaul
14th Mar 2009, 12:23
If I want to take somebody who holds an Irish passport, to France can I still do that with a standard GenDec form ? Or does it all get a lot more complicated ?

Fright Level
14th Mar 2009, 12:36
Good question, planning to take a couple of US friends who will be on visitors visa over to France/CI in the summer. Look forward to hearing from those who've done this.

BackPacker
14th Mar 2009, 12:59
I have a Dutch passport and have used the GenDac procedure twice now without any problems. If it is limited to UK-only passports then I'm not aware of that and I usually do my homework on that sort of things.

roux1
14th Mar 2009, 13:52
Hello Pompey, technically the above is an immigration issue.
What I do is simply inform the local immigration office, (southampton Airport) and they collate the information from the Gen Dec. Sometimes, although very rarely, they request a photo copy of their passport(s) which you fax back or scan and e mail. If you're in Guildford it may pay you to speak to Fairoaks or Redhill. Once you've done this it becomes a relative formality.

Cheers.

172driver
14th Mar 2009, 15:05
AFAIK not an issue for EU passport holders, done that myself. Non-EU (e.g. US) passports may be different.

IO540
14th Mar 2009, 16:43
Non- EU citizens tend to need a Visa for travel around Europe, private aircraft.

However I have not looked into this for quite a long time.

dublinpilot
14th Mar 2009, 19:56
Certainly not a problem for EU passport holders.

Not sure about none EU

bookworm
15th Mar 2009, 08:28
There's no problem for EU nationals -- in fact I think it might be contrary to EU law to deal with non-UK EU nationals in a different way from UK nationals.

A non-EU national would require leave to enter the UK on their return. When we arrange that at my local airport, we send a photocopy of the passport in question to our local immigration office, which creates a leave-to-enter on paper for that passenger.