PDA

View Full Version : Building / owning a rand kr2

barne_as
13th Mar 2009, 07:54
Does anyone have any knowledge of building / owning a Rand KR2?

I am considering buying one and would appreciate any advice from anyone with first hand knowledge of this plane including build techniques, costs etc.

I am wanting to initially build in a single car garage, does anyone have any advice for this?

With thanks

Mariner9
13th Mar 2009, 09:42
Homebuilding in the UK will require the services of the Light Aircraft Association. Accordingly, you would likely get a far better response if your query was posted on the LAA forum. Sadly, in a ruling which most members think is totally stupid, non-members are not allowed to post there :ugh:

I have neither built, owned, nor even flown a KR2, but from what I've read about them, I understand that they are fairly weight limited, and some turn out so heavy they are effectively single seaters only.

As a builder myself (Pioneer300), I would add that building an aircraft is a very labour and time intensive task, and is no cheaper than buying a completed aircraft. You must be sure you really want to build before you embark upon it. However, it can be a very rewarding task.

jamie_duff
13th Mar 2009, 18:39
I'm building one in my single car garage :ok:

I know quite a few other builders around the UK and a few owner/pilots of complete ones too if you'd like to chat about it?

Drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll be glad to help in any way I can :)