PDA

View Full Version : JAA to FAA.. How to??

FOBiggles
10th Mar 2009, 17:46
Hi PPruners

I'm looking to acquire an FAA ATP and am wondering if anybody has any info on what is required of a JAA ATPL holder in order to qualify for the licence.

I've searched forums, internet and the FAA equivalent of LASORS and have consulted many colleagues who are 'Certain' that they know for definite what is required, however everyone seems to have a different opinion.

One common answer I hear is that I will need to pass some comparatively simple ground exams (in comparison to JAA as all Q's and A's are supplied as study material!) and then simply do 1 or 2 extra checks in my next sim recurrence on the 737 and bobs your uncle..

All sounds too good to be true.. so my question is really only aimed at those who have already completed the process or who know for definite. Any info on schools who hold your hand through the process and tell you exactly what to do would also be greatly appreciated.

Standing by for some excellent info.. and the inevitable criticism of my spelling and grammar!!

FOB x x

Air1980
10th Mar 2009, 18:27
How about we just ask our respective agencies if we can swap licences, you get my FAA ATP and I get your JAA ATP, certainly easier than slogging through the 14 inane books...........as I am now.

Jackdaw
10th Mar 2009, 19:21
Read this thread seems to be fairly comprehensive;

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/361962-faa-licence.html

:O