PDA

View Full Version : 777-206ER oil question

kolenb09
10th Mar 2009, 13:04
Hi,

My name is Anthony and I am a student in Holland studying to become an aviation engeneer.
I am busy right now with a project where I have to execute a flight with a 777-206ER from Manila to Amsterdam. On the way, the aircraft experiences oil problems. The oil quantity and oil pressure in engine nr. 2 is very low and the temperature of the remaining oil is high. This happens precisely when the aircraft is flying above the himalaya's.
We then have to fly to an alternate airport. There the problem needs to be inspected.
The main problem now is that the 777 uses BP Turbo oil 2197 as motor oil but at the alternate airport there is only mobile jet oil II. Can this type of motor oil be used on the 777-206ER?
Does anybody know where I could find oil information of the 777-206ER?
What could also be the problem for the decrease of the oil pressure and the oil quantity?
Thank you for youre answers and help.

regards
Anthony

mitzy69
10th Mar 2009, 15:20
oil spec for use in engines is in Maintenance Manual at chapter 20-30-04 lists oil esso and BP and quotes MIL-specn number.
Engine oil replenishment in MM chapter 12-13-03, will list oil spec again, but the company that operates aircraft might say which oil to use.
fault find a problem need a code from airplane computer to then use in the Fault isolation manual which tells you what to do in the MM to fix fault, ie. change a filter fit new seal to filler cap, check inlet vanes for correct function.