PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Telex 850

TolTol
8th Mar 2009, 15:17
Hi all,

I have decided to buy the telex 850 headset but I'm wondering where is the cheapest place/website to buy it.

Thanks for any help.

cojones
8th Mar 2009, 16:21
I got a good deal from the Telex people at Oshkosh last year; 40% saving on UK price. Admittedly at nearly USD 2 to £1. Maybe look directly at Telex website and give them a call and see what they can offer.

Rainboe
8th Mar 2009, 17:30
I'd recommend checking out the website first before putting up a suggestion like that! Not really very useful, and outside the US, forget it! Manufacturers always stick to mrp anyway- they don't undercut their own suppliers.

I would watch eBay for a while. My second one was from there. It wasn't going to be Telex, but I got a good buy. Checkout the history of Telex- I'm very dissatisfied with build strength and how easily my first headset broke at a completely unrepairable bit. If you are really on a budget, call the various headset repair and servicing agencies (Google) and enquire if they have used serviced ones available. They often have them kicking around and bung them into eBay themselves. I got a new one for £100 on eBay.