PDA

View Full Version : in Leeds where to get PPL?

Tomcroos
2nd Mar 2009, 10:38
hi guys i am looking for places where to get my PPL and CPL for cheap..

1st of all can anybody tells me where to get Private Pilot Licence for cheap please?

ford cortina
2nd Mar 2009, 10:57
Its amazing, but the search tool is a wonderful piece of kit, its even better than the FMC on the 737 classic I drive.

Or you could try the Airport. I believe that's a good place to start.:ugh::ugh:

Keygrip
2nd Mar 2009, 11:15
...and when asking for PPL stuff - you could try the PPL forum?

fabs
2nd Mar 2009, 11:22
as a moderator you could move it of course.

Anyhoo in the same amount of time it took for cortina to think up his witty reply you could google Multiflight, Sherburn Aero Club or Sheffield City Flying club (at Sandtoft I believe).

ford cortina
2nd Mar 2009, 11:26
Fabs, in the time it took you to think up your rebuke to me, you could have view all of Tomcroos's posts and seen that he has already stated that he is doing a PPL at Multiflight. :D

Quote 'HI, I am doing my PPL course in the moment in MIltiflight which is they charge me £6500 including theory test and license' posted 6th Nov 2008

fabs
2nd Mar 2009, 11:29
I'll take the hit on that one then, sorry mate :O

ford cortina
2nd Mar 2009, 11:31
No worries mate

Mickey Kaye
2nd Mar 2009, 11:43
If your leeds based then you have a couple of good choices for PPL training.

Sherburn being very popular and a very nice airfield. (C150 £90 quid) plus anther 20 quid for an instructor (i think)

Full Sutton is the other side of york and is a little cheaper. (C150 £78 quid and hour, pa-28-151 £85. Plus 20 quid a hour for an instructor).

There is also netherthorpe, doncaster but i'm not so familiar with them.

As for CPL training there is multiflight at leeds and triple A out at humberside but again I haven't got any experience of them either.

Get visiting them, hang about, have a coffee see which one will delivery what you are looking for.

civil aviation
2nd Mar 2009, 14:25
Or you could go to MAN and fly to Florida where you should achieve your goals much cheaper and quicker than messing about in UK. Also, places like Ormond Beach and St Augustine are much pleasanter for flying than Yeadon, or any other International Airport, or a dump like Sherburn.

Pilotdom
2nd Mar 2009, 19:39
Get yourself over to Sherburn and train on the AT-3's £117.00 an hour inc. instructor so based on 45 hours your PPL would be £5265.00 plus membership of £160.00 a year and then books and exams...so lets say £6000.00 all in.

Shunter
2nd Mar 2009, 20:02
Depends really - I did mine at Leeds/Bradford, mainly because it was 10mins drive and very convenient for me. I dare say if I lived near Sherburn I would have done it there. There isn't a great deal of difference in price really. £500 is neither here nor there when you look at the bigger picture. If you think it is, perhaps flying isn't for you; it's not and never will be a cheap hobby unless you want to buzz around the sky in a flying tent.

gsora
3rd Mar 2009, 12:26
Hi, if you want the cheapest form of (N)PPL try York gliding centre for nppl training on SLMG @ £64.50 ph solo plus £25 ph for instruction.

York Gliding Centre (http://www.yorkglidingcentre.co.uk/)

:ok: