PDA

View Full Version : Concrete mixer over The Lee, Bucks.

FlyGooseFly!
1st Mar 2009, 17:44
Was that you flying the twin concrete mixer to the north of South Heath, yesterday - Saturday 28th February at about 17:00 ? Whoever you were ( you were too far away for my mark ones to make out the aircraft type let alone your reg ) I hope you managed to make it home O.K.

Goose.

dublinpilot
2nd Mar 2009, 12:27
Care to explain what you mean........
I'm glad someone asked :) I was wondering what it was all about too.

Perhaps it was supposed to be a pm to someone? :confused:

L'aviateur
2nd Mar 2009, 16:50
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

julian_storey
2nd Mar 2009, 17:54
Maybe it's a coded message?

My grandmother's ear trumpet has been struck by lightning :cool:

effortless
2nd Mar 2009, 18:36
IIRC "concrete mixer" refers to the noise an engine makes when it has had a major mechanical failure. Big end or some such. The engine may well deliver some power but it scares the sh*t out of you and eventually fails. I had a con rod fly out of the side of a Zephyr Six.

dont overfil
2nd Mar 2009, 19:02
Hope you landed it safely!
DO.

Whirlygig
2nd Mar 2009, 23:02
It's a clue in the latest Midsomer Murders :}

Cheers

Whirls

FlyGooseFly!
3rd Mar 2009, 19:43
Yes Effortless has the right idea - I'm surprised that I have to explain such simplistics but for the uninitiated here goes:- about 17.00 - 17:30 Saturday afternoon an unidentified twin propped aircraft passed to the north of South Heath ( my view point ) travelling West or North West and making a truly ghastly noise from ( I believe ) one engine with the other working O.K. - she made a complete reciprocal still under heavy misfiring but seemed to handle normally - last seen clearing to the East. Anyone at Denham know anything about it?

Oh and BTW the Producer of Midsommer Murders lives next door to where I was at the time.

Goose.

cambioso
3rd Mar 2009, 21:13
So why didn't you b****ywell say that in the first place then??
Cripes, you'll be attempting to communicate to us in cockney rhyming slang next...............
Gawd help us Ducks (and Gooses)!

kevmusic
3rd Mar 2009, 21:20
Well, of course, I knew that all the time! :}

DeeCee
4th Mar 2009, 12:26
No wonder people hesitate before reporting a UFO sighting. Blimey, even I wouldn't believe that.

jxc
4th Mar 2009, 13:31
This post is really getting painful :{