PDA

View Full Version : JMC Cancels Longhaul Programme

Desk Driver
30th Mar 2001, 18:40
I'm hearing a rumour that JMC are stopping all Longhaul flying on the 1st of June.

I personally believe that they might be canceling some loss making routes like St Kitts and other Carrbbean destinations

Can anyone confirm deny or elighten?

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

flugpants
30th Mar 2001, 18:46
JMC DC10 will stop flying long-haul from 01 June........but they have contracted a BY 767 to operate the old DC10 routes under JMC flight no`s. The DC10 will be used as a standby unit to cover the core programme for the Summer months.

That is the picture I have anyways!!!

[This message has been edited by flugpants (edited 30 March 2001).]

Desk Driver
30th Mar 2001, 19:00
I've just had it confirmed that JMC's Golden Lion sales operation is to close.

------------------

BOEINGBOY1
30th Mar 2001, 19:42
well Monarch has also been contracted to operate a series of SFB flights on their DC10 on behalf of JMC.
but if JMC are planning to cut out all long haul flying, then why are Monarch training JMC pilots on the A330 ???

answers on a postcard

tailscrape
30th Mar 2001, 22:01
I can't see it myself. But then again I do have a vested interest!!

Roll on the summer season...only a couple of days to go!!

BOEINGBOY1
30th Mar 2001, 22:42
correction to my earlier post.
sfb flights are for JMC holidays, rarther than on behalf of the airline - hence operating under monarch flight numbers.
however the A330 training starts next week !

genius-747
30th Mar 2001, 23:05
roll on the summer season... i hope they dont stop all long haull.

SFly
31st Mar 2001, 01:23
The answer is: No they are not discontinuing their longhaul programme. If they were then the spanking new A330s on order would be quite redundant!

From 1 June they will discontinue service with their final DC-10, GLYON. Britannia 767s will be used for longhaul flights pending delivery of the A330s.

SFly

Desk Driver
1st Apr 2001, 15:00
They're cancelling all Caribbean flying except the core destinations for JMC holidays such as Cuba & Dom Rep.
All SFB flying will continue and yes the A330's are still coming. What I've since heard is that all the routes such as Tobago St Kitts & Barbados etc will go.

------------------

BillTheCoach
1st Apr 2001, 18:42
Which JMC DC-10 has been parked at MAN ?

SFly
1st Apr 2001, 19:32
G-GOKT DC-10-30 has been parked by the cargo area at MAN for some time . . . it has been retired from service (there is some speculation as to what is going to be done with it). G-LYON, their last remaining one, will continue service, as said before, until 1 June, when JMC can finally say they have a modern fleet! :)

SFly

DCDriver
1st Apr 2001, 22:29
.....and it will be a sad day

Rolling Stone
2nd Apr 2001, 01:58
SFly. Understand that the BAL B767's will be wet lease. Does that include the cabin crew or just the pilots? Bal pilots, what do you think of operating back into Sanford? Was one of the reasons you moved to MCO not because of ATC worries by aircrews?

willoman
2nd Apr 2001, 02:18
yes! But also a more favourable cost basis was negotiated at MCO

Balboy
2nd Apr 2001, 13:16
JMC cabin crew will be given conversion courses from Britannia to operate on the 767.

FockeHeinz2
4th Apr 2001, 23:26
Why cannot make a sucess of the DC10. Condor and the british airlines Monarch and Airtours have been sucessful.

SFly
6th Apr 2001, 00:38
Don't get me started with BAL . . . I'm devoted to Sanford and I am in attack position! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Without wishing to knock the DC-10, I haven't a clue why JMC are getting rid of them, but BA got rid of theirs, MON only has one anyway, and AIH just nicked a few from Premiair because it was the only thing available to relive tension on their own longhaul fleet. I wouldn't call that "success", even though in America it has proved to be a reliable workhorse. G-LYON will hang around for a while after retiring as a back up, but I must admit it will be kind of sad! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Cheer up everybody! :)
SFly

[This message has been edited by SFly (edited 05 April 2001).]

SFly
7th Apr 2001, 07:10
Does anyone know if the BAL 767's will be painted in JMC colors for the duration of their lease term?

SFly

Balboy
7th Apr 2001, 17:07
The BAL 767 will not be painted in JMC colours. However it is possible that the "BRITANNIA" may be covered, as was the"AIR2000" was covered on Britannia's recent lease from Air2bob.

SFly
8th Apr 2001, 00:57
Does anyone know what the registration will be (which one they're getting)?