PDA

View Full Version : When is Boeing's fortune going to change ?

Iron Duke
26th Feb 2009, 20:29
I am just making a passing observation on the relative negativity surrounding the Boeing product ... which to me can do very little at the moment but attract negative publicity. I say all this as a slightly concerned Boeing pilot, who only wants to hear all things good !!

When comparing delivery statistics last month, Airbus quoted nearly 8 times as many as Boeing (with the disparity blamed on the industrial action) ... Ah yes "the industrial action" and the continuing delay to what should be one of the greatest commercial airliners ever. It staggers me that in one of the biggest financial downturns of many a generation, that the unions and management would allow an impasse to severely tarnish the name and credibility of a superb product.

The fine professional display, and the reliability of the Airbus in the Hudson River incident only seems to highlight contrast to the pictures of a 737 NG belly deep in mud at Schipol. (Cause unknown)

A vast majority of the recent commercial casualties appear to be Boeing operators ... resulting in most vacancies being for Airbus crew .. Likewise long lists of Airbus sales, Letters of Intent etc. in every column of the aviation press .....

I am in no way being partisan, more passing query about the long term prospects for Boeing pilots, engineers and Operators generally ?? For I am a fan ....

I hope that all areas of this great industry can return to prosperity as soon as possible ..

I.Duke

Rainboe
26th Feb 2009, 21:24
One's up, one's down. Be all different next year. They swing backwards and forwards. The important thing is there are two of them competing, otherwise the price goes up 30%+! But they have a big problem with the 787. It doesn't seem to be working. Maybe a slightly too big leap. The A350 hasn't been tested yet.