PDA

View Full Version : Logging king air hours..

Shadowfromthesky
20th Feb 2009, 10:16
Just a quick question.

If i am endorsed on the C90GTi, can i log co-pilot hours on a B200??

Thanks.

Shadow.:ok:

Glass
20th Feb 2009, 10:29
It is a single pilot aircraft.
Some PIC would be a bit more attractive in the logbook.

Harry Cooper
20th Feb 2009, 10:49
From memory C90 doesn't cover the B200. So you couldn't log any B200 hours with only a C90 endorsement.

Unusual-Attitude
20th Feb 2009, 11:09
Confirmed...BE-90 only covers 90/99/100.

BE-200 covers 200/300LW

badhaircut
20th Feb 2009, 13:08
Those extra windows do require an extra endorsement unfortunately. IMHO you would have been better off with a travel air endorsement! That way you can fly a whole family of aircraft! You don't happen to be a cheeky Oxford student hoping to make use out of his/her CIR test aircraft?

20th Feb 2009, 13:09
Does the B200 need a co-pilot or are you there as a "safety pilot"?

pa60ops
20th Feb 2009, 17:38
Maybe try logging flight engineer hours on the B200 while you are at it :)

Torres
20th Feb 2009, 19:51
You can only log passenger time on an aircraft under 5,700 kg for which the POH specifies a minimum crew of one pilot and on which you are not endorsed.

Shadowfromthesky
21st Feb 2009, 04:24
Thanks for replies, yeah didnt think i could log it. Just had a few opportunites where i was sitting in the RHS with a friend in a B200 and thought would be bonus if i could log it.

Lasiorhinus
21st Feb 2009, 05:00
Thanks for replies, yeah didnt think i could log it. Just had a few opportunites where i was sitting in the RHS with a friend in a B200 and thought would be bonus if i could log it.

That's rather like saying you flew on a Virgin Blue 737 - you didnt actually do anything, just sat there, but can you log the time??

Horatio Leafblower
21st Feb 2009, 07:03
You can only log passenger time on an aircraft under 5,700 kg for which the POH specifies a minimum crew of one pilot and on which you are not endorsed.

I disagree.

Some contracts specify two-crew ops required in a Chieftain, for example. If the second crew member is there performing flight crew duties, are you saying he cannot log the time?

If you are performing co-pilot duties, you can log co-pilot time.

That means, however:
1/. working for a company that has
2/. trained and appointed you
3/. to perform co-pilot duties
4/. on an aircraft on which you are endorsed (*)
5/. in accordance with the procedures described in your operations manual and accepted by CASA.

* ...and if there is no such thing as a Co-pilot endo, you must hold a command endo... and you must hold a current rating for the operations undertaken, ie: current CIR if the ops are IFR.

It might not pay well... it might look like a joke... employers may not take you seriously... but the holder of a flight crew licence MUST log the time spent performing flight crew duties.

I might add that the scenario proposed by the original poster does not meet the requirements outlined above.

I know of a chap :oh: with a couple of hundred hours co-pilot in ME T/props that can't log it because he wasn't endorsed :(

Torres
21st Feb 2009, 07:09
Horatio.

Read my post:

"...the POH specifies a minimum crew of one pilot AND on which you are not endorsed."

My emphasis on the word "AND".

My post is confirmed correct by your post:

1/. working for a company that has
2/. trained and appointed you
3/. to perform co-pilot duties
4/. on an aircraft on which you are endorsed (*)

Shadow can only log passenger time in the situation he described, even if he is sitting in the RH seat.

Howard Hughes
21st Feb 2009, 07:45
I've met a few co-pilots who should have only logged 'PASSENGER' time...;)

Horatio Leafblower
21st Feb 2009, 09:01
From the CASA website, under "Pilot Log Books":

Co-pilot
means all flight time while serving in any piloting capacity other than as pilot in command.

...and from the CARs:

flight crew member means a licensed crew member charged with duties essential to the operation of an aircraft during flight time, and any reference to flight crew has a corresponding meaning.

...and...

5.105 What does a commercial pilot (aeroplane) licence authorise a person to do?
(1) A commercial pilot (aeroplane) licence authorises the holder of the
licence:
(a) to fly a single pilot aeroplane as pilot in command while the aeroplane is engaged in any operation; and
(b) to fly a multi-pilot aeroplane as pilot in command while the aeroplane is engaged in any operation other than a charter operation, or a regular public transport operation; and
(c) to fly an aeroplane as co-pilot while the aeroplane is engaged in
any operation.

...note that at (c) it doesn't say "to fly a multi-pilot aeroplane as a co-pilot...".

If it was the intention of the legislators to exclude our now hypothetical situation, would they not have done so explicitly (given the explicit distinction made in (a) and (b))?

:}

porch monkey
21st Feb 2009, 10:08
Probably not. They never have been all that smart, have they.....:rolleyes: