PDA

View Full Version : connection between plane navigation and computer on the ground?

cx252
18th Feb 2009, 20:01
according to the magazine E&T highlighted that physical link between plane's navigational and public or "officially" internet network. So does it mean that those agents could actually brought down these planes ?

enicalyth
18th Feb 2009, 23:54
Happens all the time cx

Spitoon
19th Feb 2009, 00:08
Being more serious, what it means is that us controllers can now work from home far more easily.

CR2
19th Feb 2009, 00:26
Glad someone knows what he's on about :uhoh:

411A
19th Feb 2009, 02:28
according to the magazine E&T highlighted that physical link between plane's navigational and public or "officially" internet network. So does it mean that those agents could actually brought down these planes ?

Dunno what E&T magazine is, but as to your other question...NO.

Sudden thought.
E&T = ET = Roswell, hangar 84?
Probably not, for as the last time I was in hangar 84 in Roswell, there was a BAC1-11 in attendance, being stripped for spares.
A nice one too, I believe it used to belong to Tenneco, the US gas pipeline company.
Before they had the 1-11, they had a really nice Lockheed JetStar, which was eventually sold to Elvis, as I recall.
It still sits in the middle of ROW, still painted the fire engine red color.

I digress...what was the original question?:hmm::\:}

L337
19th Feb 2009, 09:41
This ? (http://kn.theiet.org/magazine/issues/0902/where-would-we-be-0902.cfm)

My favorite quote of the article: Southwest is only just beginning to migrate from its traditional “round-dial cockpit philosophy”, which until recently dissuaded its pilots from using autopilots or autothrottles installed on their ‘next-generation’ Boeing 737s.

“Instead,” reveals Hughes, “the company standardised on the classic 737 cockpits and even installed metal covers on the switches of equipment it didn't want its pilots to use.”

b377
19th Feb 2009, 10:02
Well all you need to fly a modern plane is a man and a dog.

Man is there to feed the dog
Dog is there to make sure the man touches nothing..