PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Question

nz200lr
16th Feb 2009, 05:45
Hi all,
I am currently planning an aircraft ferry from Darwin, Australia, to the Camarines region in the Philippines. The aircraft is a Single engine turbine with fairly good range, could probably do the trip in 3-4 hops. I have not carried out any overseas operations before and have been tasked to find out more by my operator. I would appreciate any advice on routing, suitable landing points, documentation and anything else which may be helpful.

Regards

NZ200LR

Old Smokey
17th Feb 2009, 15:52
Indonesia is a minefield of bureaucrocy. Suggest routing via New Guinea, e.g.-

Darwin - Gove - Thursday Island - Port Moresby - Finschaffen (high terrain en-route) - Manus Island (Momote) - Mindanaou (or other southern Philippines International airport).

Jeppessen should be able to provide for all of the documention that you need.

Watch the (very high) terrain between POM to FIN.

Regards,

Old Smokey

Checkboard
17th Feb 2009, 16:46
Order the "Green Pages" fro the AIP from CASA - they contain all the customs/immigration/quarantine information for international operations.

411A
17th Feb 2009, 17:30
An even better option is to have Universal Weather/ Jeppesen /Base Ops do your flight planning, handling, overflight clearances etc.
Much less effort.

CR2
17th Feb 2009, 20:13
Base Ops are good, use them from time to time.

nz200lr
18th Feb 2009, 00:16
thank you all for the replies so far

How do you get a hold of the "Universal Weather/ Jeppesen /Base Ops" material? are these from Jeppesen directly?

I have read travel advices and most recommend no travel whatsoever within the southern regions around Mindanaou so I was considering a route through indonesia then malaysian brunei. Any thoughts?

CR2
18th Feb 2009, 07:36
Baseops, Flight Services and Jet Fuel for Corporate and Commercial Aircraft. (http://www.baseops.com/)

Not cheap but you get what you pay for; they can set everything up for you from landing rights to fuel (they belong to World Fuel Services) to catering to credit facilities, flight planning etc etc

Alternatively you can try UAS, they have a branch in HKG, same services as above.

United Aviation Services (http://www.uas-hdq.ae/)

Good luck