PDA

View Full Version : What QA Software are you using?

747dieseldude
15th Feb 2009, 10:34
What kind of software are you using for QA in your company?

I know the Q5AIMS, and my company uses something custom-made.

Which software are you using? What do you reccomend?

737opsguy
25th Feb 2009, 11:41
747dieseldude,

For the 7 years I've spent in Airline Safety Management the industry benchtop that has been known to me is AQD (Aviation Quality Database) produced by the SuperStructure Group - Superstructure Group :: Home (http://www.superstructuregroup.com)

AQD is used by a large number of international airlines including Singapore, Etihad, Qatar, easyJet, Qantas, Air New Zealand, Virgin Blue, Cathay Pacific, jetblue, WestJet, Delta, Alaska, to name just a few.

We use AQD for all of our Audit Planning (internal and external), finding and action tracking as well as occurrences and investigations. We have it setup to automatically flag to our national aviation regulators for mandatory reportables. We have also recently configured it so our Flight Deck and Cabin laptops can synchronise directly into the database.

I have not heard of Q5AIMS so I am unable to provide a comparison.

Ghostdancer
26th Feb 2009, 18:06
I have used both AQD & Q-Pulse version 5 in the last couple of years. AQD is quite good and has a useful workbench tool. The Quality & Safety packages compliment one another. I think the latest version offers an FDM option. On the downside it is based on Microsoft Access & it doesn't work well in a Citrix environment.

Gael's Q-Pulse Version 5 is far better than previous versions for QMS. They have developed a bolt on package for Flight Safety reports, however I can't comment as I only so this whenwas still under development and have never used it.

In the dim & distant past I also used Winbasis which was developed by BA, but this appears to have been superceded by the above two.

737opsguy
28th Feb 2009, 11:12
Ghostdancer,

I agree re AQD. One of the biggest limitations (in my personal opinion) with AQD is the fact it is based on MS Access. We have recently upgraded to version 6 which is based on the Office 2007 runtime. This has caused a number of problems in terms of cross-functionality since it is incompatible with Office 2003. Thus inputting and outputting reports into Word causes issues. The same in relation to Outlook for emailing.

If only it could work with Citrix I'd be a lot happier.

aeroground
30th Mar 2009, 08:14
we have just signed up with AIRS, web based safety and QA system, seems very user friendly and can be tailored
cheers