PDA

View Full Version : QR rules & regulation

NEW PILOT A330
13th Feb 2009, 23:56
Am new in airline and just jojn A330 fleet .
3 days a go i had a flight and cabin crew told me she was called into QR tower office and told that she is reported by C/S that she served cockpit crew a orange juce and its a violation of QR procedures and if she do it again she will be terminated and she was hande oer a warnning letter .
Can i know is that true ? If its true i have to resign ASAP
The place from where i come from is different she could put them on court an win easy for that kinda sh...
If i remember she mention some guy Elias so plz friends have it in youre mind when you fly with him or deal with him . what come around goes around .

AFD
14th Feb 2009, 00:16
you have a private message check it

loc22550
14th Feb 2009, 04:05
New pilot330:

We have people with a VERY VERY low level of maturity here.
The next step will probably be the promotion of the C/S to CSD ASAP for "good service" to the company.This is part of Qatar Airways CRM....:\

Capt Krunch
14th Feb 2009, 04:32
Cabin Crew often get memos with regards to service and conduct towards flight deck and related issues. we never see them, unless you ask them kindly to have a look.
but .. yes it is true.
you can also read your Part A, as it make mention of this type of thing as well with regards to service allowed in the flight deck.

so, I guess it's goodbye New 330.. no choice but to resign as you said, because it's all true.

not to support the ridiculous regulation of this place, but you mentioned a persons name in your post, I know him and is quite a good guy. upper management, but not one of the village idiots.. not yet anyway.

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

loc22550
14th Feb 2009, 06:27
The regulation is one thing..., lets assume orange juice not allowed for cockpit... ok fine, i can live with it, so in the case mentioned the C/s could have simply told (IF she was honest and behave like an adult...:uhoh:!!) the f1 "you known this is not allowed,you shoud not do it". Point, end of the story.
BUT going into the office and REPORT your colleague for that, this is something AMAZING,and just reflecting the Kindergarden & hypocrite mentality of some people here.:mad:
Indeed i'm afraid in that case NEWPILOT A330 that you will have to resign ASAP..:{
Ma'al salama.

Capt Krunch
14th Feb 2009, 08:40
correct loc22550.
unfortunately Reporting to the office has become mandatory and a culture in this place.

example. F1 gives orange juice to the flight deck ( goes against regulation in Part A section 14 page 8 ) the CSD advises her it is not allowed and should not do it again.. full stop end of story right.. not so fast, there is more than one set of childish eyes looking at this.. the other crew member working the flight see this and then reports it to the office ( none of her/his business) and when the CSD is questioned on why this was not reported, she then gets demoted for with holding this from the office. and the person who reported this case gets brought up a notch and one step closer to promotion.. so you see, even if the crew know each other they must watch their backs or someone will be responsible for their demotion or termination due to something ridiculous as orange juice.

I know what some of you readers are thinking, those of you who do not know the culture within.. but this IS the way it is here.
there has even been cases were the CSD reports the flight deck for something out of the ordinary and the flight deck crew member gets a suspension or termination, thats how bad it has become..
something we all live with here unfortunately .:ugh:

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

picollo
14th Feb 2009, 09:00
I have to ask,
why exactly is orange juice not allowed on the flight deck? :confused:

Long D
14th Feb 2009, 12:04
There are a bunch of sick people around here:ugh:

Matt04
14th Feb 2009, 12:05
I also have to ask. What's the big deal about OJ. (No, not that one in LA but the one in Doha):confused:

Ronaldo 330
14th Feb 2009, 12:41
If its a same P/O and i guess there is only one with that name i think you are wrong that he is a "nice guy" . If you want the true aske Australian Capt on A330 who was reported by same P/O for taking rest in empty first class instead in buisness class almost full during KIX flight . That P/O reported Capt and Capt was dedacted 20k rials for using a FC seat .
Or if you still think he is a nice guy aske a Croat Capt on A320 what he did to him and there is more and more . He will smile and when you turn wooops it hurts .

New pilot A330 dont trust anyone in QR its all joke and reporting is consider as loyal in this sick enviroment .

NEW PILOT A330
14th Feb 2009, 12:50
I just cant belive what you guys talking about .
And you Capt Krunch know even a page in part A this is also wierd i take part A only as reference not as granted i would like to use brain instead .
I was told when i jojn that Qatar is the most rich place in the world and standards are so high but now i cant have dates and orang juce and someone told me a capuchino as well .
And some crazy person will stop my upgrade if i dont button my jacket thats what i was told by one crew .

NO NO am gone to Etihad . And i will not resign . SOP this days in gulf :leave car on airport parking and travel .

Capt Krunch
14th Feb 2009, 18:38
Ronaldo 330
I believe the CSD of that KIX flight was the South African, as he does have a reputation ( a bad one) within this airline.. time is not on his side.

as far as the PO is concerned, I won't defend anyone because some of what you say might be true, I don't know what everyone around here does, But I've known him since he started and always seemed to be OK. at least with me and the crew i was flying with at those times.

picollo
why exactly is orange juice not allowed on the flight deck?

because it is for passengers to consume, NOT flight deck.. keep in mind this only applies to the fresh squeeze stuff we carry on high profile First Class service routes and does not apply to the normal OJ in a box.
also the dates, Cappuccino, espresso, Laban, etc.etc... the philosophy is, we are given crew meals and the pax pay for the special ( 5 star :yuk:) treatment so they get it and not us... thats the QA way.

in all fairness, we did have some very stupid guys on the flight deck that helped to establish these stupid rules. Example.. the restriction on the OJ and Cappuccino was due to the flight deck insisting to have these things and to such excess that there was no longer any available for the passenger sector on a multi sector flight... once this news reached the little man at the top. the hammer fell on everything.
In QA if one person makes a blunder, then the entire Pilot group will pay in one way or another.

Poisoned by compromise
Krunch.

Ronaldo 330
14th Feb 2009, 18:59
There was several reports about cockpit crew taking rest in FC so this one is not isolated case and for sure i know 1 of them and maybe 1st was with that P/O. He is famues for acting nice to crew but after REPORT.

Whats a big deal of using an empty first class seat ? I tell you nothing its just a hate against pilots there is no normal reason to restrict using a empty seat in FC . We been doing it for 2 y till cabin crew didnt even know why we rest and where and how then Mr P/O explain them .

So who is crazy one who drinka OJ or one who restrict it ? lol lol
Its just a big joke i dont care i dont aske for it i just go and take it my self . Anyone has anythuing to say i brief dont tell me what am alowed what am not ( thats what some CSD do ) i take what i need and if you are not happy you can writte to anybody you want .
.Only an retarded idiot can report a fellow crew member for this silly things .
I was not reported till now for that lets se a future ( 4 y in airline )

Iver
14th Feb 2009, 19:29
If "high quality" OJ is off limits for pilots, do they then only consume Economy Class food during the flight? What type of food do they normally eat for meals on longer flights? Good quality? Peanuts?

Is this "OJ" off limits treatment common among other Gulf airlines like EK, Gulf Air and Etihad? The OJ itself is not important but the high-school level of jealousy and suspicion is a bit disturbing... I realise it is probably a cultural issue but it would not help one relax on the flightdeck knowing every move could be monitored and reported. With no pilot union I guess you should not expect protection. Just do your job and go home.

shneidertrophy
14th Feb 2009, 19:30
Dont make too much out of it guys...

1) On the " performance service" flights (mostly europe and long haul) there is 1 bottle of fresh OJ on board, labelled flight deck crew! Just tell the R1 you ara aware about that...

2) Treat people the way you want to be treated and you ll get whatever you want in general. Just show some respect for their job, wait till service is finished and you will be fine!

3) KIX flights...well...what is there to say? Cabin crew dept created a hype over this which has made it impossible! I was reported long time ago (start of KIX ops) for taking rest in first class and allowing the cabin crew to do the same! F was emty so whats the big deal? Still we got reported by own crew!!!Did not have to pay the ticket though :}

4) rotten apples are to be found everywhere. Usually I can tell the moment I meet the crew. On those flights just watch out! All the others I am having a ball!

Iver, there is a general rule which says crew has no rights to ask for passenger ammeneties such as OJ, dates, caviar etc....This is normal I think, as these people are the ones paying for that stuff. Just be reasonable and you will get all of this once the service is finished and there is plenty left!

As pointed out before, these rules where started after some of our more retarded colleagues claimed everything for themselves, leaving the paying pax with juice out of the box!

COMMON SENSE!

misstabula
14th Feb 2009, 21:26
i cant believe it actually.this is so mean.u have to come and see how the deck crew in kuwait airways r treated.like royalties.they can eat and drink anything they ask for.they have tier own trolley full of fresh juise selections,salmon,sweets,deserts and it is not enough they always eat from F/Class pax food.not only this..the deck crew in Kuwait airways drinks only EVIAN water.its supplied on board only for them and no one is allowed to touch it.when they enter the plane the crew has actually to prostray themselves in the captains feet and greet them.not only this but when R1 is doing the service for 24pax in First class and is extremely busy in the same time the GODS CAPTAINS start calling from the cockpit to ask for the food they want 2 eat IMMEDIATELY.not only this but on any immigration counter the captains have to go first no matter if the crew came there before them.not only this but the crew have to carry the bags for them to the overhaed bin.and i will not continue coz u wull get disgusted

loc22550
15th Feb 2009, 05:50
Misstabula..even in Q.R we have EVIAN water for flightdeck..:O

AirbusMaster
15th Feb 2009, 06:58
Misstabula…… in any other airline the pilots are well respected and appreciated, it was only in QR where I saw this attitude.
You touched a nerve when you said

"on any immigration counter the captains have to go first no matter if the crew came there before them"

But here...they race the captain to the x-ray machine and immigration counter in any airport, they actually sometime push you aside, if you say something they answer : sorry, we are tired we need to go home !!! try to report them...nothing happens, but if vice versa....ouch… you will suffer

A320 Man
15th Feb 2009, 07:19
Let me tell you about a captain who travelled on a cockpit jump seat for his home country on a 320 full of pax.

Lunch time, the jump seat captain excused himself to eat in the back….the F1told him there was a last minute no show in the economy class, he said ok..will take that seat to eat but it was in the tail of the plane, so she offered him to eat in the first class seat (no pax in that last row of first class) he said OK it will take me 10 minutes only.

Who came while he is eating??? The CS.. she started shouting at him : "who gave you permission to sit here? Did you ask or did she offer this place for you?" he told her not to shout and not to interrogate him, when done eating I will be back in the cockpit, he said.

To make a long story short… she wrote a report and asked F1 (who suggested the whole thing) to write also a report against the captain saying he insisted to sit there against everybody's will !!!

Result: captain is punished by paying QR 3000 off his salary for the difference between economy and first class ticket (for the 10 minutes he spent on that seat)!! CS was a Chinese named Chen Dan or close it.
The word is she will be promoted to CSD very soon (unless she is reported by another crew)!! and that's how it goes....

Sonic Bam
15th Feb 2009, 10:43
And there was me hoping it was to stop you spilling it on the centre console! :ok:

Blacksteel7
15th Feb 2009, 10:47
I'd guess that you are recruiting drivers to Kuwait Airways. Aren't you? :E

qatari001
15th Feb 2009, 18:31
Guys we need to start making a blacklist of all these idiots crew who are reporting pilots for such stupid things!! So next time we fly with them you know what to expect...
And also, may be one of those idiots may request a jumpseat in one of our flights! and I would be glad to say := NOOOOO GO TO HELL!!!
Hopefully, there are still some nice CSDs/CSs in the company but probably 30 per cent MAX i would say, but unfortunately the good ones are always leaving... and then you have the ones who are SO SCARED of getting demoted or loosing their jobs that they ll report anything they see just like robots and no common sense at all....
And the worse ones are the ones who really think that a CSD should be in the TOP of the chain of command and have no respect at all towards the flight deck with a very bad attitude... Some of them just think we are not better than a karwa taxi driver... :ugh:

A330 man
15th Feb 2009, 21:30
qatari001, this is a great idea, we have to make a black list of all these idiots, and let them always watch their back, deny them any jump seat requests...etc.
It is of most importance to expose them among all the staff.
We already have 2 names in this thread...Elias and Chen Dan.

NEW PILOT A330
15th Feb 2009, 23:55
BEST IDEA to blacklist those people which go and report rabbish to the office .

When i fly with some seniors i will aske and make my own list so this people will not get jump seat and will not get any extra help on flights and if they do mistake its a oportunity for pay back if not for me then for someone who was reported by them for silly things.

And we have to disclose this people and this is place to do it .
In mean time i already apply to Etihad .

loc22550
16th Feb 2009, 06:33
Qatari001:
Well i don't known wich one is the more demanding(challenging) job you known,..:
Flying an aircraft or driving a car in Doha (taxi driver..)..:}?

tuan74
16th Feb 2009, 06:57
Good idea fellas...list down all these idiots name for all the pilots community to know and watch out for...

Finally I see some kind of unity in QR pilots..:ok:

Union...anyone....:}:}

But seriously... list down the name quickly. It won't be a secret since it's in the prune. Good thing 'bout it... they will know it too and hopefully be more wary next time..

Elias,
Chen Dan,

next....

sergino909
16th Feb 2009, 07:24
Dear Cpt,
is it true that Qatar CAA counts only 50% of flight duty time if you have a bunk on the plane were you can rest(es B777), like you can actually fly 150 a month and it counts only for 75?

What are the duty limit so far in Qatar, FDP and DT

I have being told about the fatc that you can request for 4 days off at the end of the month and 4 at the beginig and rostering quite often give it to you?

Are paying you the stby?How many hours you are on duty for stby?

Thanks for helping:ok:once again.
Sergino

Fubaliera
16th Feb 2009, 17:52
Good idea buts lets incorporate the new line trainers who want to save the world by telling new f/os how to sit, stand, and were to put their hands to a 10,000 hour pilot

Emma Gemma
16th Feb 2009, 23:21
As for this Elias, I think he's one of the Performance Officers...

CEO PITA
17th Feb 2009, 00:01
Let me contribute :
Elias : big time reporter he have already few people got in deep sh... coz of him
Chen Dan
Nevnite : favorite of 9 floor and also famues of telling what cockpit want
Clint :reporting R1 if she serve dates
Franceska Loco :reported Latino capt for nothing worth mentioning
South African white boy Csd : big time reporter to Salia
Liza C/s D reported Capt for resting in F/C : - 20 k from salary

Sorry if anyone has somthing with this people but its all true
Happy top see QR pilots on this forum come up with souch good idea :D

NEW PILOT A330
17th Feb 2009, 00:46
Hi sorry am new but whats "PERFORMANCE OFFICER" is that like police for crew ? Or is someone who performe so good so he is officer ? whats that really ? and if this is somthing to do with young and new cabin crew can i also apply to become that Performance Officer i mean am already a first officer so i guess it wouldnt make a long course or CCQ to become that Performance Officer ? am i right ?

Wango Z Tango
17th Feb 2009, 04:40
Performance officer ( PO ) is a checker / disciplinarian for the Cabin Crew.

well while we are at it, does the name Levy Mae come to anyones mind.. loves to tell Capt what to do and how to do then report them.
and that SA white boy is Jonathan.

WzT

ramiyns
17th Feb 2009, 07:16
I am keeping note of these names,
to deny them any jump seat request.
and give them the treatment they deserve.
This is one way of stopping the spread of this cancer.

I appreciate any true inputs to expose all the name of those ills.

Thanks and keep it coming.

tuan74
17th Feb 2009, 07:36
Totally agree with you ramiyns.... will do the same too... keep it coming guys.. at least now we know the names of these idiots..

ceo pita...just small correction on that p.o name... it's Navneet Kaur me think..

Well done boys...:ok:

Tintin
17th Feb 2009, 08:13
It will be better to have a complete list including the family name but i think we can't here.
No IT geek among us to start a web site jsblacklist.com or something like that..

Flygulfair
17th Feb 2009, 12:55
I would be more then happy and to make a site and host it and Get *cough* donations *cough* for the domain, even though i dont work for qatar. I feel it for you! :ugh:

Just PM with a name or any information so i can get it all started for you :ok:

Fubaliera
17th Feb 2009, 16:25
OK lets also start a list of the nice any easy ones as well.

airbanana
17th Feb 2009, 17:11
I totally agree with my colleagues, no jump seats or any indulgence to these :mad: people. They have to learn how to behave and work as a team.
I will remember...
Regards and good flights.

Emma Gemma
17th Feb 2009, 17:15
Is Sameer (I think that was his name) still there? A very nasty CSD who spent his layovers completing reports on crew and thinking of ways to mess with the crew on the inbound flights. He would snap back at you if you dared to speak to him!

I remember a trip from BKK and one of the crew was a few minutes late for pick-up because he didn't get the wake-up call. This particular CSD insisted that we would leave him behind and let DOH take care of him. The CPT, a very nice guy from Australia, said we should wait for him and that's also what we did. DOH did also take care of this guy, as well the CPT, as the CSD wrote a report on both of them.

There should also be a CS (or CSD as I would imagine as she's probably been promoted) around there, named Houda from Morocco, who runs to the HQ after every flight and gives them all the latest gossip. She's a really nasty piece of work.

airbanana
17th Feb 2009, 17:20
Good Idea!!!!,
Good post Bansai !!:D
Rgds
Le Capiten Banana

Ronaldo 330
17th Feb 2009, 21:08
This was briliant idea my friends and i want to add one more :Austalian passport .Name:Fawas Melder he reported a F/O for traveing on ID 90 in jeans which is not alowed .OOO am sure its a safety issue !
1) Elias
2) Chen Dan
3) Navneet
4) Clint Pimento
5) Franceska Loco
6) Jonathan - S. African
7) Ashley
8) Liza
9) Barbara De Guzman (Filipina married to French guy in Catering management)
10) Levi Mae
11) Winecar
12) Sameer
13) Houda
14)Fawas Melder

Keep on list must go on and we have to have it in oure pocket every flight.

shneidertrophy
17th Feb 2009, 21:46
Great idea guys....If only we could get our hands on the " little black book" that crazy french captain Claude used to carry with him!

They are all in there, with all the smudgy details. Claude, if you read this (which I doubt), make your knowledge public please!

Something else...have you guys noticed the addition of the CL300 to the QR fleet, inclusive a new chief pilot, limitations, etc etc?

Whats going on? How many of these things are joining the fleet? Who will fly them? Who will be forced to fly them?
I can just see it happening....From now on all the upgrades will happen on the BD100! Imagine..:ugh:

QR UNITED 2009
17th Feb 2009, 21:57
Proud of you my friends ! I just read PPRUNE sometimes but when i saw this topic and idea of black listing reporters i decided to open account and name it QR UNITED 2009 as this is first time i see us united in one idea.
I will make sure i get use of this list and give this people hard time ,maybe i will start with few questions on briefing starting with C/S or CSD . Lets see hows there standard and if standard is bad OFLOAD !!!!!

qatari001
18th Feb 2009, 00:16
Good job guys! keep it coming and make this list longer! I will keep a copy for sure! its just terrible and sad all the stories you hear about those reports against our pilots...and these people need to pay back one day or another!
To come back to this story regarding "Fresh OJ", I think one of you already mentioned it, but everytime you operate a flight where there is a breakfast service, they cater 1 bottle of OJ labelled "for flight deck" but the funny thing is in all the flights i did none of the R1s told me about it. I just got to know few months ago...
Anyway, they always have extra and all go in the bin at the end but they never offer it...
Same thing goes for food, an R1 told me some CSDs brief them that whatever is left for F/J class food keep it for yourself and other cabin crew and just tell them nothing is left and pax ate everything...:hmm:
For those of you who really enjoy drinking espresso or cappucino, I ve seen many pilots who buy their own capsules. You can find it in Blue Saloon next to BMW showroom in Binmahmoud area. it cost only 20qr for a pack of 10 capsules. Then you don't have to think whether the R1/CSD is nice or not to give it to you. And even sometimes you fly with nice ones who offer anything but they make you feel they re making a big favour as its supposed to be "not allowed".:ugh:

mkdar
18th Feb 2009, 02:41
From what I hear about QA, AAB is trying to do a good job running the Airline, he just does not seem to know how.
For instance, preventing cabin crew from serving OJ to pilots is a practical application of the principal: customers come first.
The way he tries to implement it however, is shabby.
He employs a system of in house monitoring and reporting, along with a strict military conduct. These two systems don’t mix, not to mention that it’s harmful and often it backfires.
When he insists on pilots wearing the uniform hat while on duty any time they do not have a solid roof above there heads, this is a military Practice , when he employs in house reporting and monitoring , he diminishes the essence of the very same military principal.
The military is a group of rules , not just one. For the system to work : every thing must be applied, one can not be selective to which one he likes or does not like.
The way the military works as far as reporting is concerned is the military police. But, under no circumstances will any one be allowed to report his superior officer!
You try and report a higher officer in the army and see what will happen : they will eat you alive!

This black list you guise came up with, although is a great sign of you uniting, is a very bad idea, it deepens the principal of : divide to concur. It is exactly what AAB is counting on for his shabby system to work, you alienate the cabin crew against you and it makes things worse for every one.

AAB needs a crush course on managing civilian outfit, and you need to be more informed about subtle tactics employed by management.
Don’t push Cabin crew away, embrace them, they are in the same boat as you.

To measure AAB success in running the airline, he needs to ask himself the following question : if I ask my employees , would you accept a 50% pay cut to help the airline?
If he thinks the answer is yes, then he is a successful manager.

Lee Iacocca of Chrysler, asked his employees this question years ago, the answer was : yes . They took a pay cut till the company came around to making money again.
Here I am talking about management throwing advices left right and centre, when I should be sleeping because I have a flight and I should rest, and it’s not even the airline I work for!
Typical pilot behaviour.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

airbanana
18th Feb 2009, 03:41
Mkdar, first of all good morning, your post is for a perfect world and that does not exist specially over here, how will you react with some spy in the sky trying to ruin somebody else just to obtain a promotion?.
This is very simple THEY ARE BAD PEOPLE.:mad:
Come on !!! reporting for travelling ID90 in jeans, give me a break!!!
So these people needs at least to be treated like they deserved.
Regards.
Banana

cabinsecured
18th Feb 2009, 03:50
good thread guys..keep up this sign of unity.add another name csd wafaa moroccon..part time sep instructor..reports everything..thats how she is promoted so fast.
csd ashley..indian even got his best friend demoted from csd to f1.
almost all csd thinks that they are infact the commander...its time for us to unite and act.

KRUGERFLAP
18th Feb 2009, 07:17
Qatar is gonna be forever a bad place to work for.

Unless the rebuild the airline from scratch.

capt.magoo
18th Feb 2009, 09:01
Gentlemen,
Grow Up
The Original Reason That Oj Was Banned From The Fd Crew,a Few Years Ago A Certain Captain (currently In Mngmnt) And F/o Abused This Privilege And A First Class Passenger Reported This Matter,and That Goes For The Cappachino As Well.
As It Goes Now You Are Supplied By A Fresh Oj Bottle With Breakfast Ask For It If You Are That Desperate.
On The Other Side Of Coin If You Guys Are Nice To The Crew You Can Have All What You Want From The Galleys When They Finish With The Service.
And If You Want To Resign And Go Back To Europe You Can........trust Me No One Will Stop You:d

Fubaliera
18th Feb 2009, 09:26
Unfortunatley there are snitches in every airline. But knowing who they are helps alot. Thanks guys good job. Knowing who the easy girls are would help too , especially on the narrow body fleet.

airbanana
18th Feb 2009, 10:42
Magoo, long time, listen men, it is not only the:mad: orange juice, which I do not give a :mad:, there are plenty of another bad behaviour among some CSD, Cs, etc.
Remember my friend, CAPTAIN is the COMMANDER, not the CSD.
Look so far that you are the only pilot who dont agree with your fellow colleagues.
Regards.
LE BANANA

shneidertrophy
18th Feb 2009, 12:23
Magoo,

This is not about these little things on their own! Try to see the overall picture:

1)Culture whereby reporting is your fast track to promotion!

2)CS/CSD are given the idea by their management that they do have the power to overrule the Captain!

3) Overall atmosphere of disrespect towards the pilots!

This used to be much worse before and it ahs changed a lot, but we still have lots of idiots with these ideas working in the same airplanes!

I have noticed, especially lately after a lot of the 100% QR cabin crew ( no previous experience in other airlines), recently promoted to CS/CSD, show an unusually bad attitude towards the cockipt crew in general, and towards the captain in particular. When all goes well, you will not even see them! They yawn when you mention the word crew briefing but in general they will smile and say nothing!
Now when things get worse, or when you dare to ask them a question (just try the cockpit door code for one) they will start to act nasty!
It seems to me that in these latest batches of cabin managers (:ugh:) the sentence " disrespect your flight crew" has been spoonfed throughout the course!

It will take you every bit of CRM training you ever received to work properly together with these people, I can tell you that! (apologies for generalisation, the few good ones will know this is not about them)

So whenever I see a CS/CSD on my crewlist with seniority number 7900 and below, I am more or less relaxed as I know I will not have to face this kind of attitude. Now all I need is this completed list we are talking about....:ok:

Flygulfair
18th Feb 2009, 19:04
I am currently making the site for all of you :}

the URL is qablacklist.info it will be completed by tomorrow, Much easier and will be a back up just incase pprune change there mind.

Keep the names comin!

Flygulfair
18th Feb 2009, 20:15
I have put the site up, QA blacklist (http://www.qablacklist.info) It still needs a bit of attention. So please bear with me! It is live and has the list on there.

If you want anything else, (forum etc) send me a pm and i will get it all done :ok:

ie88
18th Feb 2009, 20:44
Barbra i know she is on here, but just a double stop who deserves more mention. Don't trust this lady anytime in your life.

ie88
18th Feb 2009, 21:48
Don't forget Bell Lee the singaporean a real peace of work. Not sure if she is still there. I'f she is watch out

flying cat
19th Feb 2009, 00:37
i am unutterably horrified by what i am reading in this thread. crm is obviously a very dirty word here. i work for a european carrier and as a rule flight deck and cabin crew have a very good working relationship. most of the cabin crew are aware that the pilots are stuck in a bullet proof box all day and make an effort to ensure that they are well looked after. also the pilots treat us with respect and courtesy. each is certainly not treated like the enemy by the other. i also worked for gulf air many years ago and again for the most part both parties had a friendly cordial working relationship. this sort of enmity and disrespect by both sides is a recipe for disaster in any airline.

flightlevelchange
19th Feb 2009, 00:51
see most of the csd's haven't changed then, some of the names on the list were snitching back when they were jnr crew, sad to see that after 10 years some of them haven't changed much, sad life

is no 13 Houda Bombscare, if anyone remembers that story.

Black Stain
19th Feb 2009, 03:37
Seems nothing much changes at Goat Airways.

I thought I ripped that dog Chen's head off on a Seychelles trip three years ago? Should av been more thorough?

horrified by what i am reading in this thread. crm is obviously a very dirty word

Dont be hasty with judgement Flying Cat. The Goat is not a normal airline. Many cabin crew are unbalanced and need allignment. In the sick Goat tradition of dobbing and reporting a Public Blacklist is golden.

For Chen: "What is it you cant face?"

Tintin
19th Feb 2009, 03:51
FGF that list need to be complete with the family names

cabinsecured
19th Feb 2009, 04:18
the csd no 4 name is clint pinto not clint pimento..married to another indian csd..however the wife is okay.
crm in qr have never existed,only back-stabbing does.all this years nothing has changed,infact during training even the f2's are told to report about their seniors including flightdeck.communication is a total failure here.
keep the blacklist coming...lets not appove any jumpseat ever for any one of them or even any favour during flights.

White Knight
19th Feb 2009, 04:52
Wow - sounds very screwed up!!! Guys - you must be ASSERTIVE with any CC who 'try' to run things against you. That's not to say you can't have a good working relationship with the CC - but a bad apple needs sorting out, and it's up to you - the CAPTAIN to deal with it..

Wango Z Tango
19th Feb 2009, 05:59
add a indian guy named 'Shamal' to that list. reports anything and everything to the office and laughs when he does it.
one of those guys who actually enjoy doing it. all these 3rd world sub-continent type are just on a self induced power trip. seems to do something for them.

WzT

PozativeR8
19th Feb 2009, 06:16
FYI
I seen LevyMae name on this list.. ( LevyMae Gannaban ) couldn't agree more.

this might be a fine line I'm about to walk, but, although this black list has based it's conception on troublesome CSDs. there are plenty of others in the back making life rough for some, while seeking quick promotion in doing so.

my personal Black List does not just account for those people either. Unfortunately there are plenty of Captains on it as well.. those who would Deni someone a jump seat while there are plenty available although it's falls within the right of the individual captain.. but when I see that you can rest assured they will never have that privilege on my flight either. as well as those very abusive to others. that list is also compiled of the F/O's who report Captains, although that is a very small list on it's own, the fact remains it's there. this list also not limited by flying staff, there are also a few ground staff personal on there as well.. and the list goes on and on..

Happiness is V2
P.R8

skya320
19th Feb 2009, 06:26
Nice work! Job well done :ok::ok: I will have to print this list and carry them with me.

Emma Gemma
19th Feb 2009, 11:35
Flightlevelchange,

is no 13 Houda Bombscare, if anyone remembers that story.

I remember that story! But, wasn't that Houda Chentouf? This one I'm referring to is Houda Toufik.

Flygulfair
19th Feb 2009, 12:51
I am making a forum too! So all QA employees can chill on that forum. With no rules.

Have you got any more names for me?

(Thanks for anyone who has been on the site!)

Emma Gemma
19th Feb 2009, 13:41
His name is Jonathan Michelsen.

Also some other CS and CSD that you should be aware of. And, sorry for not knowing the surnames of all of them:

CSD Jinny Chathenkatil
CSD Laureana Jumangit
CSD Noel (from the Philippines I think)
CSD Zaheer (Pakistanian)
CS Bernie (somewhere from Asia)

flyhigh7078
19th Feb 2009, 14:15
Hi Everyone!
Been meaning to join for ages.. well, here i am.
Regarding the corporate aircrafts, those were being flown as amiri, but since amiri is separating from QA, these are being retained with crew, to fly the bosses..

Emma Gemma
19th Feb 2009, 14:18
Especially Performance Officer Florence Tabug in Qatar Amiri. She's sly!

flyhigh7078
19th Feb 2009, 14:41
If you notice, most of the horrible ones have joined in the office. Eg - welfare is the "breeding ground" for all these crew - marry n join there when pregnant, but still the nastiness doesnt decrease..

Flygulfair
19th Feb 2009, 19:34
Who ever is john on pprune who has the nerve to add a stupid comment on the site (Blacklist page), should watch out for there Pc. It will have some nice new viruses on there :ok:

I do have your IP JOHN!

Added the new names :D

tazmania777
19th Feb 2009, 19:56
In Qr you really have to watch you're back every now and then. "coz some might report you w/o knowing it...It's common there.Crew to crew,or cockpit to crew or vice versa. I don't know why it's like this but this is already the culture there longtime ago.. Very strict rules that everybody needs to abide. For the OJ, yes it's really a stupid thing to think.But some Cockpit crew are really abusive.Aside from fresh OJ some ask special tea,espresso,cappuccino (w/c are exclusively for premiuim class pax).They know what they should have and they should'nt.But still, abusing it. That's why. Some nice crew give it regardless, it depends who is the cockpit crew..If it's asshole or not. But there are some crew that who are really strict that relly follows the rules that what should and what should'nt be given. The cockpit crew nor the crew didnt create this rules,just followers...It's just there to follow.There would be no harm if they follow it but would possibly do harm if they don't.

shneidertrophy
19th Feb 2009, 21:27
Flygulfair,

great idea but you seem to me kinda dangerous! Virusses, IP adress,....

Sure you are not management trying to copy our IDs with your website?

Just thinking out loud and hoping I am wrong, but nothing surprises me here anymore! Even if I am wrong, watch out, would not be the first time the mangement of QR starts a law suit against a website, demanding the iD's of all people posting on it!

tazmania777
19th Feb 2009, 22:25
typical arabic pilot..tsk..who gotten his head bein a pilot...you can't blame crew who report asshole flightdeck....come to think of it yes you are the pilot..just the driver...so do't bring your manners from home and attitude to some crew...i would say there are some asshole crew as well..but c'mon pilots have a lot! you just don't know who brings food on you during flight...if you want to be respected learn to respect as well first.

tazmania777
19th Feb 2009, 22:50
I just read some of the replies here..It's funny saying things to cockpit crew,crew..who's bad who's nice...who's abusing who's not..what is not allowed & what is not etc...
In a flight, it's a team actually, crew and cockpit. Coz in case of emergency, even if i'm the most junior or youngest whatsoever I may be able to save one's life whether a Cockpit crew or crew.Management/office can't save inflight in case of emergency.It's supposed to be ONE/United. It's just a matter of RESPECT to oneself first then to other's. Not thinking who's superior or who got the more salary or who is more senior whatsoever. During emergency,god forbids a first time crash for QR we cn't use positions/rank in saving lives or just by staying alive..

Cockpit & the crew must think they need each other during emergency. If I'm the pilot & during the flight I treat **** the crew who is serving me. Do you guys think he/she wil save me incase of emergency and I need help?

Vice versa if I'm the crew and don't pay respect or I annoyed one of the pilot...During emergency would he think twice saving me first in emergency?

They can't call the office during those times..it's just the crew & cockpit...we can be a 5 star service by all means but it would be better if at times we don't think of the positions that we are having and just show manners..most specially respect..Most people know how to spell it, but doesnt really know how to do it..

Flygulfair
19th Feb 2009, 23:38
shneidertrophy You have every right to be worried, Trust me i am genuine.

But no, I dont collect any personal information. It is a simple website where you get the list. No need to sign up nothing, no ids NOTHING! :D

I only get your Ip Address when you leave a comment, and they are only kept for 24 hours. :ok: I have no intention in keeping them, i only use them to report fraud/abuse etc further.

Your Ip address changes everythime you connect to the internet, so no need to worry.

I am not bothered in anyway about the "lawsuit" and would only take it down for A LOT of cash, and most probably donate to a charity. The site will stay lawsuit or not, not the first time someone tried taking my site down. They can't make you! :ok:

I must admit, John had to leave his email address to post a comment. And as such i sent him a normal Virus (It was a typical limewire file, you know them stupid orgasm ones) all that one would do is mess with his computer a bit. :cool: He deserves it because he was quite offended to the list.

And you should trust me on one thing, In no way am i going to ever "help" qatar airways, Feel free not to use the site. But it is always much easier instead of coming on pprune and checking the names manually.

The monthly cost for the site are generated by the google ads, And as such have made $0.50 :cool: And no one has donated yet lol

I bought the domain for £10.00 believe it or not. And the site is hosted on one of my current servers (So no worry there). Oh and you also help build my website portfolio, so we all win.

But if the site gets toooo busy then that will increase costs.

Well enjoy the site! And soon to be forum :cool: (Dont worry about the forum, it will only ask for a username and password no name nothing. Just incase all you lot think i am some freak in QA HQ.)

And in no way would management be able to find out who you are from your ID's or Ip address.

And if i was QA management why the hell would i use the username FLYGULFAIR lol

Cpit
20th Feb 2009, 13:22
careful gentlemen and ladies ( if any )

Latino captain was not reported for nothing -- sexual harassment case

Elias -- calls spade a spade

get over it.

Cpit
20th Feb 2009, 17:20
she resigned a looooooooong time ago!

Blacksteel7
22nd Feb 2009, 17:14
I heard that a F/O has reported a Captain that was taking a deep nap. Is this list only for cabin crew? :E

Cpit
22nd Feb 2009, 23:53
are all of you here latinos? wow-- a lot does happen in QR hrhrhr. Anyone actually flying here? spell-check is built-in in most computers gentlemen. we are an embarrassment to the cabin crew. :E

NEW PILOT A330
23rd Feb 2009, 04:46
I got to know that one Algerian Capt was terminated for eating on ground in Doha . And another got terminated after C/S reported him that he is rasist all 2004 y . Wht Cpit you want us to belive you that in QR you can get away with sexual harassment ? I dont think so if he is 100% guilty he would be buy buy confirm ticket .
I flown with that P/O she is really below standard and has an atitude she told crew if cockpit aske anything special or do anything not alowed she want to know and she will deal with it in her own way . I was told that after flight by phone of one crew my country mate .
Conifmed she is a bad one Cpit no need to try to protect her .

oryxbollocks
23rd Feb 2009, 05:47
Blacksteal,

The nap (?), as you call it, was so deep he locked the FO out of the cockpit! You think that's not a safety issue and should have been overlooked? Have you ever had to use the emergency code to get back into the cockpit in flight? The captain's lucky to still have a job.

GB

Fubaliera
23rd Feb 2009, 06:18
Hahahahaha thats a good one. But i wouldnt have reported him for that. If your tired your tired. Are you gonna report him for going to the bathroom too much as well.

Blacksteel7
23rd Feb 2009, 09:39
I have not heard the nap was this deep!! :eek:
I have not meant it was right or wrong. The discussion here was about being reported or reporting.:E

Xaxa
23rd Feb 2009, 10:15
The discussion is about people being reported for bull**** reasons, blacksteel7. Don't tell me that

I heard that a F/O has reported a Captain that was taking a deep nap. Is this list only for cabin crew? http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gifdoes not sound as if you were presuming that the guy was wrong. :hmm:

I do not know that case, I am just commenting your comment.

sergino909
23rd Feb 2009, 11:08
How many hours can you log as a pilot in Qatar Airawys if you rest in bunk?

Blacksteel7
23rd Feb 2009, 11:29
I don't know if the F/O was right or not.I only know that he has reported the Captain.
As I said: "I have not heard the nap was this deep!!:eek:"
:ok:

oryxbollocks
23rd Feb 2009, 13:13
Steel and Fuba,

How deep does a nap have to be to miss three calls on the door and then still be napping during the emergency code access procedure?

And come off it, if you can't wait a few minutes while the other guy is out of the cockpit to start your controlled rest, then you shouldn't have come to work that day!

Reporting an individual is something but reporting a safety issue is bigger than that.

As I said before, he's lucky to still have a job.

GB

loc22550
23rd Feb 2009, 17:00
:ugh::ugh::ugh:
Do you think this CPT decided to take a deep sleep intentionally when alone in the Cockpit!! OFF COURSE NOT!!!!
You CAN"T really CONTROL that, if you are dead tired!
Who can come here and pretend "it will never happens to me"!! Not me..We are human not machine!.The question might be WHY he was so tired..? Roster..maybe...!:}

Blacksteel7
23rd Feb 2009, 17:02
If you are right!
"How deep does a nap have to be to miss three calls on the door and then still be napping during the emergency code access procedure? And come off it, if you can't wait a few minutes while the other guy is out of the cockpit to start your controlled rest, then you shouldn't have come to work that day!"
Why the management didn't fire this dangerous Captain? :sad:

NoJoke
23rd Feb 2009, 17:45
Interesting posts from both. Did the F/O inform the CPT that he was going to be reported, or was it a plain/plane backstab? Next, whenever my colleague leaves the cockpit I strap myself in and go on full alert. (High for me; perhaps not too high for others ...)

I disagree with reporting unless the other party refuses to admit blame or responsibilty. Communicate.

shneidertrophy
23rd Feb 2009, 19:22
MMMhhh....besides the strapping in, do you put your headset on your head as well when your fellow pilot goes to shake hand with his best friend?

NoJoke
23rd Feb 2009, 19:36
I'm sorry Snide-trophy what do you mean? Yes, of course perhaps one should wear a headset during times of limited communications. i.e. one set of ears. I am at a loss to understand your meaning.

shneidertrophy
24th Feb 2009, 09:50
Oh nothing.....

I just get a bit worried when I see people that tensed up the moment I leave the flightdeck, thats all! Strapped in, headset on, hands on the controls...

Looks like they know something I do not at that moment and it makes it more difficult to control "ye old prostate" when in the lav...:E

Besides that, usually when you ask people why they do that, they tell me" in case of emergency descent, I am all prepared". Q: what is the first thing you do when in emergency descent? A: exactly...you put on your O2 mask and for that you have to take of your headset...!

just my point of view of course...

oryxbollocks
24th Feb 2009, 11:23
Totally agree Schneider,

The headset should NOT be worn and as for the shoulder straps, are they expecting to HIT SOMETHING while I'm out of the cockpit?

As far as the other chap was concerned, as I said, if he was that tired, he shouldn't have been at work in the first place. And you don't just nod off curled up in your seat, that's deliberate.

Controlled rest is just that; controlled. Controlled by discussing it with the other pilot, etc.

GB

NoJoke
24th Feb 2009, 17:02
:) OY headsets should NOT be worn? Dear me. How tense, and how incorrect you are.

Mr Trophy. Well controlled and decent comment. I (sadly) practice things like emergency descents, Headsets on. :8

shneidertrophy
24th Feb 2009, 21:19
I was told I need to control my answers more, so I am trying my best!

No joke, as long as you in the same move dont forget to put on your oxygenmask its all fine by me. But DONT forget the O2 mask!

Have you tried wearing that one in cruise as well, when the other guy goes to the loo. Just in case something might happen (only one nose left) you would be all prepared! And it has some nice side effects also (people pay lots of money for a shot of O2 in an ozone bar).

Black Stain
25th Feb 2009, 02:19
:ok: No Joke. I likewise have always practiced emergency descents with the quick-donning mask straight over the headset. Never a problem.

Record keepers may remember, and new flyers may be interested in some SOP history. Prior to the quick-donning mask, it was mandatory (where I worked) for the PF to fit the mask any time other pilot left the flight deck above FL350 . It remained policy until legislation caught up with the advantages of the new quick-donning technology.

I always put on a headset when the other pilot leaves the flightdeck at any flight level for a completely different reason. TCAS RA. Think it through gentlemen. Can you speak through a handmike whilst using the same hand to meet an RA pitch command? Like kissing your own dick, it is impossible.

CDRW
25th Feb 2009, 03:32
Black Stain - your last sentence not entirely true! Although I would have to say that those that can are probably in the movie industry. Hmm, food for thought on a new thread " Who can fly a RA and make a ATC call on a handmike at the same time"!!!

casio man
25th Feb 2009, 08:53
Agree with Black Stain, the use of O2 during single pilot ops was a mandatory requirement above a certain FL. I remember ours was FL 250 (something to do with the TUC I think). Quick donning mask negated that need.

No matter what the SOP says, I still practice the use of headset, airmanship sake.

shneidertrophy
25th Feb 2009, 10:40
So basically gentlemen, what you are saying is that because once upon a time (when quick-donning masks did not exist, carb heaters where still in use on public transport airplanes and an FO was there just to take the weather because CRM was just a three letter code used by the marconist to mail a secret message to his girlfriend) you had to wear the O2 mask when alone in the flightdeck, you are still practicing that procedure today!

That is just GREAT! Just a couple of further questions:

Do you dare to use the Auto thrust on approach or dont you do that as well because it was not recommended to do so on the early EFIS equipped planes?

Do you trust the "GPS PRIMARY" indication of your FMS? 5 years ago there was an OEB from Airbus telling us to disregard the message and to always crosscheck with raw data so maybe you should still do that as well!

I am very sorry, but those remarks just do not cut it for me guys!

If what you are saying would be sooooo important, how come neither Boeing or Airbus even talk about them? Not in their SOPs, not in the FCTM, no where!

TCAS...I just would want to see how many pilots actually make an ATC call while executing the manouevre! Once stabilised, yes, but not during the manouevre itself!

AIRMANSHIP....yeah right...maybe we have different defenitions of airmanship but sitting in the flightdeck , strapped up like a monkey with a headset on your head and probably still reading your newspaper and having a hot cup of coffee in front of you on your table, pretending to be ready for the inevitable (hereby scaring your R1 when she walks in ) just is NOT part of Airmanship for me!

But hey, do as you like I guess. Next time we fly together I WILL take a picture of you!:E

Blacksteel7
25th Feb 2009, 11:15
SHNEIDERTROPHY, CASIO MAN, CDRW and BLACK STAIN. The discussion here was about being reported or reporting. Isn't it? :ok:
Or may be you have changed the subject to "the sleeper captain oxygen necessity" . :}

Xaxa
25th Feb 2009, 20:08
BS7, you keep pushing to get that FO on the list a bit too much, sounds like you have a personal bone to pick with the guy...

This list started by naming people who report their colleagues for bull**** reasons, if you try to get a name on the list because he/she reported someone whose actions negatively effected safety, than I think you are missing the point. :bored:

Again, as I mentioned before, I don't know the details of the story, but think - if the FO had to use the emergency code to enter the cockpit, there is almost 100% probability that the CSD on the flight reported that to her office. Sounds like the guy didn't have that much choice, he would be in trouble for not writning anything.

As for the question if he informed the captain of the report - if he didn't it's not nice. But still I think that situation is not even close to getting someone reported for drinking oj or suspended because of a disagreement with one of "privileged" cabin crew. :suspect:

Black Stain
26th Feb 2009, 01:44
Yes Black Steel, back to the point of shooting back-stabbers!!

But this falling asleep when alone on the flightdeck is a serious safety issue. It is called the EMERGENCY Access Code for a good reason. The event required reporting somehow and the true villians, Goat Rostering, need a slap. In reality Rostering will be rewarded for maximum crew utilization. But at least there would be a paper trail for newspapers to follow when an accident occurs. We all keep copies of every ASR yes?

The Captain should have been mature enough to report the event himself.

The First Officer could only be criticized for not telling the Captain about the report, if that part is true.

wear the O2 mask when alone in the flightdeck, you are still practicing that procedure today!

No-one suggested that Shneidertrophy. We are trained in the SIM for TCAS RA as dual crew. Think it through, it would be very messy solo without headsets on.

FCOM and SOP are the minimum standard and do not cover everything. For example, stall recovery is not a recall item because the aircraft cannot be stalled in Normal Law. Should a pilot wait until Alternate Law activates before reviewing the procedure? Should he ask the other pilot to read it out for him during stall?

You will love this one. When operating at a procedural airport I preset RNP NAV on something useful. Or should I wait until both FMGC fail?

If someone does something that does not compromise FCOM or SOP but enhances safety I say "good work". One pilot at work wears NOMEX underwear. For me that's too far, but I do not criticize. Being critical of safe action would be poor airmanship.

The Axiom: Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

strength
26th Feb 2009, 10:52
When I was at QR I remember working with some very very nice Flight deck crew but on the other hand there were a small percentage of Flight deck crew who were just awful. Why certain individuals were awful just baffled me, I think its like some sort of power struggle.

I also remember one certain CSD (a very nice lady) who was on a full Doha - Cairo flight on the A300. The captain insisted on having an expresso coffee during turn around, the CSd realised that there was only a few expresso capsules left for the coffeee machine and she then told the Captain that she could make him another cofee as the few capsules left would probably be used in the premium cabins for the passenger use.

To cut a long story short, the Captain went mad with the CSD, CSD was upset and it ended up getting back to the office.

The whole point of this story is that I noticed that the cabin crew were mentioned as reporting colleagues to the office (in other terms being a grass). I would like to say that during my time at QR it wasnt always the Cabin Crew who would run back to the office, sometimes the way the Cabin Crew were treated was appauling, I was one of them on a flight to Karachi, on the A320 when a certain captain would not speak to me because he knew I was gay, I was the CS and to be snubbed by a captain infront of the whole crew was just disgusting so I put pen-to-paper and I am glad I did because not only was his treatment towards me totally unprofessional it was also a safety issue. I actually stated in my complaint that the Captain should read up on the Kegworth disaster (British Midland crash at EMA)

To my horror, I actually heard from a fellow CSD who was operating a BKK flight that the Captain said: "I do not want a male serving me, get me one of the Thai girls to serve me".........

I think that some of the reporting back to the office is justified, again, this type of behaviour is totally unprofessional. Its sad to have to resort to reporting others but on the other hand it is sometimes justified.

ichenel
27th Feb 2009, 11:07
Hi guys,

let me just say, im kinda shocked by what im hearing here. Im a wanabe pilot and Im trying desperately to get into the Etihad Cadet Pilot program. I was thinking of applying as cabin crew in the meantime, cause flying is simply my passion, its my life. But after what I read here, it'll probably be better if I applied as cabin crew for an airline other than Qatar Airways. I am also very very glad that the Flight deck crew are united and work together, it makes me want to become a pilot even more(hard to imagine lol). Hope to work with you in the skies one day guys!!

CheerZ

FlyingCroc
27th Feb 2009, 12:04
And exactly in this order. Yes there was some ancient FAA regulation concerning oxygen mask when the other pilot was away. That is finished. Also there is no real need for headsets, if you have a TCAS you are busy flying, after TCAS action there is plenty of time to talk. And yes, I hate too it if some bloke suddendly goes to sleep without announcing it, there are proper procedures for controlled rest. There is however still no need to snitch, talk to the Captain directly.

Tintin
27th Feb 2009, 16:52
strength..

I agree with some parts...I have spend the last decade in the flight deck trying to educate my partners of how to treat other and to act as a leader.

You see it's all come from the education you receive..:ugh: But for some people who as been raise giving order to the maid and treat them like s***t it's an uphill road.

I never been reported and I have what's available for me ALWAYS maybe because I lead by example. Respect is something you earn not impose.

On occasion I had to interfere with crew on the back because they want to report someone, all but one time it never left the aircraft.

So the point is to try to solve the problem by talking with the people and understanding there point of view, dealing with the problem as adult (professional) listening is the key. After all who's the leader???

I don't say that we don't have bad apple among us who try to go up in grade by back stabbing others but they are a minority and should be deal with accordingly.

Think of it that ways there must be a reason why the guy on the 9th floor hate us. Do your job properly and leave your god complex at home, you will be treated as you treat your crew

kit330
27th Feb 2009, 17:25
sorry guys but the justification about the TCAS RA is totally rubbish!! if at cruising altitude you're getting a RA, it means your situation awearness is just not there!!! ATC should have been notified way long before an A/C gets that close to you or something should have been done way long before you do get into that situation. At all other flight phases ie climb & decend, take off & landing both guys should be in the flightdeck anyways!!! so trying to say putting on your headset helps here just doesn't make sense to me, infact it scares me to hell seeing my crew do that as it shows me he/she doesn't know why or what their doin. an old wise guy once said....monkey see monkey do....

a330flyer
27th Feb 2009, 19:14
Schneidertrophy and all the others who still don't understand the importance of interaction with ATC should definitely be reported for unprofessional behaviour and poor airmanship. And I don't mind if it's the CSD who does it...:suspect:

Just "survived" a descent RA. One guy descending on top of our heads (closest 1NM, 200ft), another guy 2000ft below could be turned out of the way by the ATCO sparing him an RA and us a second one... Radar update is only 5 times per minute so the controller wouldn't have know what was happening if it hadn't been for our magic immediate transmission "TCAS RA"! So I think all the astronauts who still think that in today's environment it's enough to just fly the plane and only consider ATC once they feel like it and they have a hand free, should definitely retire soon. They are a real danger to aviation.

Or maybe there is a chance they might be capable of adjusting their attitude once they have been reported by some junior F/A with a PPL :E

Spot on Black Stain. I like your professional attitude and I can somehow guess why you didn't feel at home in Akbar's flying circus...:ok:

FlyingCroc
27th Feb 2009, 19:33
As discussed above, in the descent both guys are in the cockpit, in cruise the ATC won't really help you in a RA event, it's your job to react quickly.

The Tramp
27th Feb 2009, 19:35
Nicely said. As with Black Stain and NoJoke I wear my headset. Not only for your reason above, but because I am fed up with shouting myself hoarse and having to answer the radio for the wombat next to me with his speaker up; NOT wearing his headset because he doesn't want to ruffle his graceful locks. :ugh:

shneidertrophy
28th Feb 2009, 14:19
Flyer....

Go and report me....Go boy GO! Great attitude!

How funny it is to see how easy you ladies get onto your high horses!

a330flyer
28th Feb 2009, 17:22
Ladies....:ooh:

Don't tell my dad that he has a daughter now;
he's still convinced that he actually has a son who's flying a nice Air Bus :}

Well Schneider, maybe you're complete lack of situational awareness gets you reported more than others... :oh:
Though I happen to know that most of your previous posts are actually spot on and sadly enough reflecting the reality in this crazy flying outfit. Keep the blue side up and beware of all the brownnosers behind the cockpit door!;)

Peace :ok:

Fubaliera
28th Feb 2009, 19:17
Guys if you want, you can wear your headsets to the toilet, bottom line what counts is what the SOP/FCTM says.

airbanana
3rd Mar 2009, 04:57
Ey guys, can anybody update the list of REPORTERERS:yuk:, or spy in the :mad:skys.
Regards

Ronaldo 330
3rd Mar 2009, 07:15
Yea keep a list going thats the only way .
Seams that the list is blocked or any post about it is deleted . Maybe we should move to some other web forum or to to the qrblacklist one .
Where is the guy who told us he will do forum for QR ??

Flygulfair
3rd Mar 2009, 16:19
I am still here!

Dont worry it will be done soon, Sorry it's taken a while been a bit busy. :ok:

Safari Goat
3rd Mar 2009, 19:41
would any of you who are defending the captain for sleeping in the cockpit or bashing the first officer for reporting this incident to the company like to have your family riding in the back of the airplane with this captain?

CAPT LABAN
4th Mar 2009, 06:43
I WOULD NOT LET MY FAMILY FLY WITH any F/O s who reports CAPT . Imagine what he do to his family if he reports his Capt.
Sleep in cockpit happen only due to UNSAFE roster issued by 5 star rostering department . ( 12 h rest )
If you want to open new thread about sleeping in cockpit you are welcome this one is about reporters .

Blacksteel7
4th Mar 2009, 08:56
"I WOULD NOT LET MY FAMILY FLY WITH any F/O s who reports CAPT . Imagine what he do to his family if he reports his Capt".

Is this true? I can't believe! :=
I guess you are right.The F/0 may report all his family! :}

shneidertrophy
4th Mar 2009, 21:36
Many many many years in this airline, and so far not being reported once!

So I guess my situational awareness is not so bad afterall...

Like the idea of going to toilet with headset on....:ok:

airbanana
5th Mar 2009, 03:54
Capt Laban,
Can you believe?, the guy who reported the Capt for taking a nap, now is a capt and gives CRM classes.

airbanana
5th Mar 2009, 04:03
Sergino909, ey pal, your question is out of this topic, open a new topic by yourself, regards

NoJoke
5th Mar 2009, 08:21
Your appreciation of the headset post is clearly ridiculous and shows NO situational awareness. It is obvious that the headset lead will not reach to the toilet, even on the -200! ;)

Four Holer Roller
6th Mar 2009, 08:14
Surely Mr Boeing has incorporated Bluetooth into the 777 to facilitate wireless headsets in the toilet?

Blacksteel7
7th Mar 2009, 18:43
I thought that we were talked about a "sleeper Captain".Weren't we? :E
I WOULD NOT LET MY FAMILY FLY WITH any SLEEPER CAPTAIN.:}

White Knight
7th Mar 2009, 19:42
For all you sad 'goat' pilots - oh damn, I forgot what I was going to say:rolleyes:

Headsets, seat position, ties and hats on, no fresh OJ, headset on, seats in the right position, make sure your tiepin is in the correct place, salute AAB, make sure oxygen mask within reach, headset on, obey cabin crew, hat on to visit toilet:D:D:D

5* airline :\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\

Ronaldo 330
7th Mar 2009, 21:27
Blacksteel tell this to Mr Peter when he roster A320 guys minimum rest 12h doing early morning flight come home at 11 45 and reporting is at 23 00 for HYD or MAA and he do this as per normal 10 days in every month .No wonder people get sick and resigen from A320 .

Fubaliera
8th Mar 2009, 01:03
White Knight.
Im gonna laugh as well when Ek finishes its current nose dive. You may have to move to Abu dhabi and fly the 320 since when the merger commences with ethihad all the ek guys will be junior. Then I will be :D:D:D

White Knight
13th Mar 2009, 19:31
Nose dive? I think you been watching too many movies with screaming death dive sounds and runaway prop screaming noises.....

EK is still rolling in $$$$$$$$$$$, it's Dubai's baby - as well as being the 'International Airline of the UAE' unlike 'Emptyhad' up the road:E

Let's be honest - AUH is like a ghost town most of the time (as is that little village airfield DOH), quite unlike the cut and thrust of DXB where all the action takes place..... I tell you, you fly over Oz these days, or Europe - or Africa all you hear is 'Emirates' callsign.. Never hear that etihad outfit:ok:

Emma Gemma
13th Mar 2009, 21:04
Very mature behaviour of you, WK. I wouldn't trust you for a second "if" you actually are flying one of those M'Rats aircrafts. Crawl back into your little hole in DXB and let the discussion on QR Rules & Regulation continue.

loc22550
14th Mar 2009, 08:30
Emma;
If DXB is a little hole...wondering what DOH is...?:\
Loc.

NoJoke
14th Mar 2009, 10:49
I don't think Gemma meant that DXB was a little hole, but rather that WK should crawl back into HIS little hole, that happens to be in DXB. :p

KRUGERFLAP
14th Mar 2009, 15:05
i knew that was something with that iranian-english accent guy.Now everybody knows what's the Deal.

For me to report a pilot,being a pilot,there's only one action.:mad:

JungleJett
14th Mar 2009, 15:35
Hey W.K. If we "Goat Riders" are a bunch of losers, paysans or what ever the f...you call us. Then why are you in every single QR related thread??
You must be a the biggest dumb f:mad: loser of us all!
"This is Dubai baby"....that was the dumbest and cheesiest quote ever Fadding White Kite.

Emma Gemma
14th Mar 2009, 15:44
NoJoke understands me!

WK sounds bitter. Perhaps he didn't make it through the recruitment process to QR and is one of those "Because I didn't get a job there I will hate them forever and ever."

He probably doesn't even work for EK.

End of rant.

EGGW
14th Mar 2009, 17:11
WK has left the thread, back to normal viewing!

EGGW

WORM HUNTER
14th Mar 2009, 18:47
I heard :

The "Sleeper Captain" have already been reported by a cabin crew.:eek:
He is a true sleeper! :}

NoJoke
15th Mar 2009, 19:12
Thanks for that! Were you wafted here on the wings of a bird of paradise? No Mate I come from Luton airport!!

h3dxb
16th Mar 2009, 08:56
I've worked with U guys maintenance wise in the states, and the only comment is: yr company has some strange rules and attitudes, at least I appreciated the cooperation between flightcrew and engineers.
But I also saw a couple of CPT's who were so afraid of making something wrong, nevertheless this was nothing against the cabin crew, never saw more frightend galley mices than there, this is my personal oppinion.
Time to change something I guess .

loc22550
16th Mar 2009, 10:32
H3dxb:
Some of them (CPT) are even scared of their own shadow, scared to take extra fuel, scared to be reported,scared when the F/O decides to fly manually, scared to go to toilet without their hat...;)

NewCrewMember
16th Mar 2009, 12:45
Hi guys i need help or just reassurance please.

I have a job offer with QR but am getting worried about all these 'rules and regualtions' i keep hearing about. I'm not bothered by being home at 10pm and having to ask permission to leave Doha on days off etc, but i am bothered by suggestions that even when you make the smallest of mistakes (which all new crew do at some point) you get disciplined with written warnings for it. Is this true or an exageration? I would really like to talk to anyone that currently works for QR and you can assure me you are having a fantastic time over there????:rolleyes:

NewCrewMember
16th Mar 2009, 15:16
I just know that all cabin crew have to be in our aprtments by 10pm when we are in Qatar but on layovers we can do what we want within reason. Can anyone else advise?

Emma Gemma
16th Mar 2009, 18:43
NewCrewMember,

I worked with QR many years ago (2000 to 2003) and many things have changed since. However I'm in touch with some people still working there and they seem to be getting new rules all the time.

People make mistakes. Some managers at QR seem to live in a world where you shouldn't and will punish you for doing so. Punishment would anything between dismissal and demotion. Certain crew have been working in Y (Economy Class) for years because of ridicilous mistakes they made in the past. I remember a certain flight when a girl from South East Asia was offloaded and later dismissed because a certain man came onboard the aircraft, gathered the crew in the galley, did a quiz and this particular girl didn't know the registration of the aircraft.

Their regulations are not only about being home at 10 PM. This is only one of their many written and unwritten regulations you would have to put up with in Qatar.

I don't think you will find any present cabin crew for QR writing here because of fear of being "traced down".

NewCrewMember
16th Mar 2009, 18:48
I was beginning to think that you never saw anything on the net from qatar crew because they are probably worried about being hunted down. If you don't mind can i ask why you left, was it because of the rules? I can live with rules but i don't want to be in fear everyday that i may get sacked when i am trying my hardest to be 'perfect crew'

Emma Gemma
16th Mar 2009, 18:52
These regulations, being home at ten o'clock at night, didn't really exist when I worked there. I left for many reasons: wanting to return to university, my boyfriend at the time returned home and so did also many of my friends. I had enough and wanted to go home (I did work there for three and a half years!).

NewCrewMember
16th Mar 2009, 18:58
God i'm in a pickle i just don't know what to do i'm so scared of waiting till september for EY and them saying they don't want me anymore because of the credit crunch. I think it may be better to go with Qatar at the end of april and at least i will be working as cabin crew. Although i have only heard possitives about EY they are likely to have their down sides as well so maybe i should grin and bear it with QR:ugh:

Emma Gemma
16th Mar 2009, 19:13
It's a really tough decision but I would risk waiting for EY as opposed to going to QR. Every airline has its positive and negative sides but I'm certain you'll have a nicer time with EY!

PUPY 199
18th Mar 2009, 15:54
Where is Mr Flygulfair ? He promised us somthing better and less censored for freedom of speach but still pending i guess .
Seams to me QA guys are afraid to writte over here .
STBY or TBN

sergino909
21st Mar 2009, 15:22
Dear Cpt,
I just like to know how may hours you can log as pilot if during the flight you rest in a bunk for 50% of whole flight?
Plus, are the hours that you rest in a bunk taken into accout to comply with the 28 days flight duty time limit?
Could happen that you fly up to 140 hours a month but the QAtar CAA just counts those when you are actually at the controlls?
Thanks

Flygulfair
12th Apr 2009, 02:16
Hi everyone,

I am so sorry about not getting back to you with the forum.

It has been made now!

It isn't the best looking one yet :ugh: I need to work on it a bit.

you can go to it at:

Qa Black List • Index page (http://www.qablacklist.info/forum)

Happy flying!

violet08
12th Apr 2009, 10:05
Nice work FlyGulfAir and contributors. Since no one else (i.e. management) is looking out for us, this info is crucial to our own self preservation and job security. It is unfortunate that we must be concerned with these issues when all any of us want to do, is fly and make money; but sadly, this is an aspect of the company we've joined.

Knowledge is powerful and with a quick scan of a blacklist, we can adjust our interaction with suspect cabin crew to ensure that we do not become the subject of an unwanted report. This is a very good thing. Isolated incidents will always be prevalent, but with time, I believe we will be well served through this forum and future contributions to it.

Mahalo!

Ronaldo 330
14th Apr 2009, 10:25
Last 6 months situation is critical :
Resignations /jumpshifts :
3 Jordanian Capt left to Royal Joirdanian
2 Croatian Capt 1 resign 1 (missing in action )both now in Korean Air
1 Costa Rican Capt missing in action lost somwehere in Vietnam jungle
1 Swiss Capt resign and work in Swiss
1 Kuwaiti Capt resign and work in some airline at home
-----------------------------------------------------
F/O :
1 Mexican resign and now with Etihad
1 Brazilian resign now with Etihad
1 Salavadorian missing in action and never say bye
1 Salvadorian resign and now with Watanaya
2 Salvadorians with Air Asia (one resign ,one has fatique)
1 German resign now with Air Aisa
1 Brazilian resigna now with Air Asia
1 Greek missing in action lost in Kuala LCC terminal
2 Indonesians both missing in action somwhere in Kuala L.

A big list for a small airline 67 airplanes is not that big right ?
I use to see 5 star in sky over Doha is that one missing ?

wall-e
14th Apr 2009, 11:08
... well more job oppotunities for pilots that currently do not have a job!

Ronaldo where did you get these infos? If it is possible to know!thanks

Ronaldo 330
14th Apr 2009, 19:11
Smart people make a note while stupid try to remember .

shneidertrophy
15th Apr 2009, 19:42
All Correct Ronaldo, especially your last comment!

But lets face it man, thanks GOD those Jordanians left!:E

I guess you must be laughing, sitting behind your new desk, while your friend P.M> tries to kick-start his bidding system! They even re-designated a briefing room to "Cafeteria" and the people supposed to brainwash us into using the system are called " ambassadors".

What a load of C&*$

I know bidding systems very very well from previous experience, so I am sure the tricks on how to manipulate systems like this are the same. Lets see if the ambassadors are realy there to guide us through the darkness or if they are there just to feed us BS.

Ill be seeing you all in the cafeteria one of these days...:ugh:

JungleJett
16th Apr 2009, 10:48
Yep, thank God at least one of those Jordanians left....Border line schyzophrenic....

loc22550
16th Apr 2009, 11:13
I'm a little worried about bidding system expecially on ..320!!
320 indeed has only a "couple" of "good" destination and layover..so i guess a lot of people are going to request those flight to escape the tradionnal indian layover or turnaround flight....
So if you don't bid anything, i'm afraid your roster is gone be be worse than before!IMHO that's not the purpose of a bidding system..well wait and see...

Fubaliera
16th Apr 2009, 14:10
Genteleman
This bidding system is for our entertainment only. the only way on earth that a bidding system will really work if its based on seniority. But that will never happen. This is simply a gloried monthly wish list. If bidding is based on seniority. rostering will lose thier power but if they had any brains they know it would make thier life simplier. On the 300,320.340.777 its not gonna be very helpful eithier at least for Flight deck crew. cabin crew diffrent story.

shneidertrophy
16th Apr 2009, 14:50
LOC,

do not give away all our tricks please!

Anyway, from previous experience with the same system I can tell you that the only ways these systems work properly are:

1) There actually is a surplus of crew

2) With a rotating seniority system

None of these conditions are fullfilled in QR so expect to see the system crash, certainly for flightdeck, on the first run!

I guess the great P.M. is not that all-knowing after all. Or maybe he is, and he did this on purpose!:mad:

loc22550
17th Apr 2009, 07:54
Don't worry Shneider...:)I personnaly already bid for a CLC flight every month, i'm sure nobody else will take it...:\
(still wondering what is the most dangerous part there: the airport or the 45' drive to the hotel...:uhoh:).

shneidertrophy
17th Apr 2009, 09:11
If the ride to the hotel still is what it used to be, I would say for sure the ride in the TATA bus via the mountains!

NERVE WRECKING!

That is if the Capt of the flight is not one of our idiots sticking blindly to the SOPS and landing with AB LO / IDLE reverse!

In the last case...I would say the flight is much more dangerous, and that says something!

loc22550
18th Apr 2009, 08:39
No change in the bus ride..., the small TAta bus,so small you might have to use the front seat that doesn't have seat belt...on those small ZIG-ZAG road (sometime foggy), with a driver that overtake while turning,crossing the continious line,and keep using high light,just to make sure he blinds the opposite incoming traffic...incredible india!:ouch:

JungleJett
19th Apr 2009, 06:43
I can't wait for that f:mad: flight to become a turn around. I'd rather look like a zombie and dead tired after 8+ hours of flight dealing with f:mad: Mumbai Mumbai Mumbai on HF than riding the f:mad: bus to the f:mad: hotel with those brainless f...s behind the wheels.

flyhigh7078
19th Apr 2009, 08:06
QR operating to CLC ?

loc22550
19th Apr 2009, 09:05
yes....and daily!:uhoh:

Junglejett:You forgot to mention this F:mad: horn noise every 15 seconds!!

cabinsecured
19th Apr 2009, 10:27
news from my malaysian friends...another capt jump shiped....from malaysia .i think to air asia.

Spirit1
19th Apr 2009, 11:01
And the latest news is that only a few pilot will join from Singapore… :D

flyhigh7078
19th Apr 2009, 11:22
could have sworn CLC is Clear Lake City, TX.... fm your posts it sounded like an Indian destination..

loc22550
19th Apr 2009, 11:43
CLC=Calicut or Kozhikode (south west of india).

Fubaliera
19th Apr 2009, 13:56
I heard all the Jetairways guys got shafted and sent to the 320.

Ronaldo 330
19th Apr 2009, 17:00
Yea all Jetairways pilots will get A320 and senior A320 pilot will make deserved move to A330 and B777 ha ha ( last A320 Capt who got tranfered to w/b was 3 y 4 months on A320 )
Its use to be max 2 y before but with excelent management on A320 it become 3,4

Fubaliera
19th Apr 2009, 20:12
We like it or not, positive things are happening. 9 Capt from A330 to 777, Jetairways guys to 320, looks like new management doing the correct thing regardless of budget. Will see what happens next . Lets hope for the best

shneidertrophy
20th Apr 2009, 10:42
Not too fast Sherlock!

Maybe things are getting better for the people on the A330, who have always been the lucky bastards anyway.

But if you are an A320 pilot nothing will move in the nearby future. Yes, the Jetairways people will be shafted on the Babybus but lets see how many will actually come over when they find out about this news.

And how many will stay longterm?

Senior Captains A320 who where about to move to the 777 have been put back on A320 last week due to shortage! And A320 will expand by another 10 (20 new= 10 replacement+10 expansion) airplanes, making it the biggest fleet in QR for a while!

Chief has said specifically all A320 have to stay in the air, as the A320 is the money maker for the airline nowadays!

Strange to see that while corporate managers puts all this importance on the A320, still in technical everybody looks down on the A320 operation. even flight ops management is prone on doing this. Thats probably due to the fact that the A320 is the only fleet without a real management installed. To put it simply: CP is never there! (Praying, sleeping, flying A330)

Strange policy!:mad:

capt.magoo
20th Apr 2009, 11:36
GENTELMEN,
CONSIDER OURSELVES VERY LUCKY,SOME AIRLINES FREEZE THEIR PILOTS FOR 5 YEARS ON TYPE AND OTHERS FREEZZZZZZZZ YOU PERMENANTLY:ugh:

Fubaliera
20th Apr 2009, 12:05
Qr is short of 320 crews because they have no idea how to schedule crews or aircraft.
1. Solution , Make multiple day trips within the gulf or ME region. Instead of ultilizing a crew for a single BAH, DUB, MUSCAT etc, they could do 3+2+3 Day 0ne Doh-bah-doh-Ath Day 2 Ath -doh-Abu-Day 3Abu-doh-amm-doh.
2. Solution 2. very unpopular but possible. CCQ A330/320

shneidertrophy
20th Apr 2009, 14:02
Magoo, did not know you where aspiring a job in management? You just sound like them! You should compare apples with apples mate.

Fubalera, can I have your email address please so my wife can contact you and you can explain her what the F&%$ you would want us to do?

On the other hand, if they would make this a bidding option in CARMEN it could be an option. Surely some people would not mind being outside Doha the whole time in a 3-2-3 system while others might like to be home more often.

Ooops, I forgot. This solution is too logical and would make too many crew happy! Sorry, nocando...

capt.magoo
20th Apr 2009, 14:43
shneidertrophy ,
NOT REALY INTRESTED IN A MANAGERIAL POST,BUT THE TRUTH HURTS,EXCUSE MY SPELLING,
RATHER THAN BEING NEGATIVE ABOUT THINGS WE SHOULD CONFRONT MGNT AND IF NOTHING IS DONE IM SURE THERE ARE MORE JOBS AROUND THE GLOBE FOR ALMOST ALL OF US
BASICALLY GET ON WITH IT...................... M8

shneidertrophy
20th Apr 2009, 16:38
"WE SHOULD CONFRONT MGNT"

Now I see, you must be new in this joint. Welcome on board my friend. Let us know when the honeymoon period is over so we can have a descent discussion!:ugh:

Fubaliera
20th Apr 2009, 17:30
ST im sure youve been here when Doha and Qr must have been a living hell, airline with growing pains,a high percentage of crew from countrys that there culture is too roll over to thier superiors.I havent been here too long as well and believe me thier is no honey moon period, human resourses is diabolic,the technical building fleet secretary office looks like the stock market, or a newspaper , its so disorganized. But compared to other carriers many of us have worked for its has its positive, pay is ontime and from day one,standard housing, at least on the A320 the crews are great,airplanes with minimal mels. You would be surprised the things you see in the expat contract world.

scorpio
20th Apr 2009, 17:30
oh man this guy made me laugh i cant stop laughing confront management:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

skya320
21st Apr 2009, 16:24
Management knows that A320 make money for the airline, but why can't they consider giving us something for those high duty hours. We work the most, but get pay the least. :\:\ Oh well, Atleast we have some new aircraft coming. :ugh::ugh:

loc22550
22nd Apr 2009, 07:16
SkyA320:
In the old GOOD time of Qatar airways we used to have A-320 "special allowance":1500QR/month.(and at that time believe me the Roster was not like Sh.. like today, although we were flying easily 75h/month...)!
Thats the paradox of Q.R: today: sh.. &tiring&high duty time roster but NO special allowance anymore.:ugh:
What to do...What to do...

DU7532
22nd Apr 2009, 12:24
Sorry for deviating from the topic a little bit, but it is related to the topic heading.

Was wondering if anyone would like to share some information with me in relation to moving to DOHA.
- When and who will organise the Visa for my Wife, if she wished to relocate with myself, together to Doha on same date?

- Would I be expecting to be placed into company accomadation upon arrival to Doha, or say at least a week later.

-Not sure on accom. situation, but are there 3 or 4 bedroom Villas still available and offered to crew, if so do we have the opportunity to look at a few before deciding which one we would like. Any suggestions on which compund/area is most favourable?

- When they state the accom. are fully furnishd, to what extent is it? what else would we need to bring that could be missing thats important (ie:Hair dryer, DVD player, microwave oven etc...)

- How intense is the training likely to be for a NTR AB course?

- Anything to lookout for in advance? other than the norms posted before?

- How co-operative is HR department, on joining day? Any advice before tredding on peoples toes and starting off on a wrong note?.

Would love to ask more questions but i dont think its totally appropriate to write them all here. But if a current employer or a new joiner would like to share their experience, I would be most greatful and would preferably PM them.

Cheers!!
:hmm: :rolleyes: :ok:

Qatari515
22nd Apr 2009, 13:10
Your questions are well thought over and balanced. send me a pm with your full list and Ill reply in all honesty.

If you want to post them here later to serve the community its up to you.

SHOOT!

ITO
22nd Apr 2009, 16:28
One more to the list: « Deepe » as a nickname and that is what it’s written on her badge name. UK-Indian lady with a strong British accent a real peace of ….
CSD.

I used to be F1 and when R1, I used to arrange things with the flight deck crew, and when I know that the CSD is a bastard, with the flight deck crew we used a trick : Ding Dong…a call from the deck, and we send the CSD to the back for X reason. During that time..i prepare what they want and give them.:}

loc22550
23rd Apr 2009, 12:21
Big Neon:You should be thankfull to MR P.M for all his FALSE promises and LIES regarding improvement of 320 roster!
On the other hand do we got any support from our 320CP...i doubt!!:confused:
Believe me you are not the only one exhausted on 320...!

tuan74
23rd Apr 2009, 19:17
Yeah...too fu:mad:ng exhausted... thanx to MR PM...

Doctor....need some sick leave please....:ouch:

Ronaldo 330
23rd Apr 2009, 19:25
Look a pilots from A320 they all look like ZOMBIES they look sick man .
No life on A320 ,no human roster,no CP on A320 , No destination ,no days off ( 2 days its just to recover ) ,no salary on A320 ( 160 h duty and 72 h block time) A320 fleet is just a low 1 star fleet in QR .
P.M is major factor for that but also a people who seat in office and dont do anything are to be blamed for situation. I wonder when people start getting serious sick and jumpships will they sleep in peace . BRAVO QR:D

Options options options
Lets make a move from A320 somwhere where they respect human life

There is a rumor that HELL is empty this days "all devils are in ROSTERING management office" this days !

QR UNITED 2009
23rd Apr 2009, 19:37
lol lol i like the one with " there is no devil in hell " you are right .

I have friend on A320 well lets say i had friend .Since he got upgraded on A320 i dont see him any more . after 2 months i call him up and asked :are you angre at me or what ?
Answer was " this roster people make me work like donky and earn like cleaner i come at morning and leave house at night ,my wife want a devorce, my kids look at me as stranger ,i have no life and CP will not do anything about it .
By the end he told me : now i just wait for my 500 PIC and i start searching for a new airline . He also stated : i will leave fast and i dont plan to resign. My friend is 7 y in QR he is good skipper and this P.M is making people like him to jumpsheap or resign.
Where is Mr. big boss send security and escort him as he did with Chriss ?

loc22550
24th Apr 2009, 05:15
I would love to ask our CP320:mad: to fly my roster for one week..just one week....and then ask him "H.F..what do you think about such a roster...?":\
Maybe .then.. maybe.. we might get some support and help...

NoJoke
24th Apr 2009, 05:44
I would love to jumpsheep. :}. I understand the problem though, and have full sympathy - I've been there and escaped.

shneidertrophy
24th Apr 2009, 07:36
Ladies,

I have said this before and I will say it again. In stead of putting your precious energy in bitching and moaning on public fora like this one, why dont you start writing ASRs again together with some nice PVRs aimed straight for the office?

The A320 roster is not human anymore and all lousy practices from the past submerged again in April because they where in deep s#$T in the A320 fleet!
Some people reacted, others did not. But there is no reason why you should accept to fly like this!

The CP A320 must be one of the most useless pieces of work ever seen in this business and in all honesty I do not understand our CEO anymore. On one hand he fires everybody who even makes a minor mistake and yet this worthless a$$ can continue ruining and demoralising the biggest fleet in the airline!
:ugh::mad::ugh:

loc22550
24th Apr 2009, 08:18
Shneider,you seems to be a little bit ..naive..,indeed we ALL known why H.F. became C.P.320...:mad:isn't it..?
I have the feeling (but i might be wrong)that he is well "protected".

tuan74
24th Apr 2009, 09:12
Which boss wouldn't protect his yes man...? Of course he's protected by the powers that be...

And who cares about the sacrificial lambs as long as the work gets done...

air-runner
24th Apr 2009, 11:47
I just got a look at my May roster (320), its out of this world its inhuman it made me tired just by looking at it. Almost everything is double sector a lot of flying at night back in the morning and flying at night again. Of all the rosters Ive had this is the worst one, its just ridiculous really. I was thinking about going to talk to the chief pilot but after reading everything about the CP here, it seems its just going to be a waste of time. Well I think were not going to be in QR for long.
This is going from bad to WORST !!!!!

Black Stain
24th Apr 2009, 11:48
Not much ever changes at Goat Airways???

So you have an ongoing problem. If you want the Catamite King to show any personal interest, make the problem personal?

A330 man
24th Apr 2009, 15:17
I feel sad for you guys in the 320, but you have to be united and act simultaneously like we did on the 330.

Even as TREs on the 330 we get more benefits than the 320 TREs, we took over their sim slots for the last 6 months, then moved up to the 777 this month, while the 320 TREs are stuck and " promised " -since last year- to get the 330/320 MFF:confused:

I guess only 1 TRE got the MFF so far, it is a nice banana to wave it in front of the monkey to keep dancing !!:=

Like you said guys.... as long as the work is done, nobody cares about your well being.

320 fleet was and will stay the black sheep of the family for no obvious reasons.

loc22550
24th Apr 2009, 15:49
"For NO obvious reason...." WHAT....!??? are you sure?
330 fleet had an excellent CP so far (S.S.).:ok:
320 fleet have a :mad:C.P.(H.F.):ugh:

shneidertrophy
24th Apr 2009, 16:54
Me? Naive? Dont think so mate, been here too long for that.

The yes man theory has been around for a while now, but here is something to think about. In last weeks FI there was an advertisement for QR looking for a new CPTech. The current one IS a yes man as well, yet he obviously is being replaced! Now explain me this please?

A330 man, just thank god (or whoever else you thank) for having descent fleet management. CP and CPt until now have been descent guys who know how to play the game.The fact that the A330 TREs got such a good deal is thanks to these two gentlemen and has nothing to do with A330 TRE solidarity!

And guess what, SS's seat still is hot after him leaving and policies are about to be changed! Did you know that A330 TREs, because there are more TREs than airplanes, will be forced to go train on the....A300!!!! That has been the plan last week. Instructor is instructor, no matter what plane he is on! So dont cry out too loud that nothing can touch the 330 Tres because H.M. IS a yes man as well, and he will do whatever it takes!

Good luck.

PUPY 199
26th Apr 2009, 03:08
No use of ASR we did it already before and what happened ? nothing A320 roster is getting from bad to worse and no one want to do anything . Its up to every pilot to decide and when you are tired or not rested you should not operate flight as it is unsafe and no one is alowed to compromise safety for his own money issue .
Report fatique due to bad roster and thats it .
Let them hire another 60 pilots to cover there 5 star roster done by donky P.M .

A 320 fleet has no one to speak with i personally go to A330 fleet or training department or GMFO but i will not step into A320 office.

Tantan
26th Apr 2009, 06:39
Thanks for your questions Du7532. I would really appreciate if you also pm me the answers you've received so far. I wish they had been put on the thread as well.

IAEdude
28th Apr 2009, 17:26
Look a pilots from A320 they all look like ZOMBIES they look sick man .
No life on A320 ,no human roster,no CP on A320 , No destination ,no days off ( 2 days its just to recover ) ,no salary on A320 ( 160 h duty and 72 h block time) A320 fleet is just a low 1 star fleet in QR .
P.M is major factor for that but also a people who seat in office and dont do anything are to be blamed for situation. I wonder when people start getting serious sick and jumpships will they sleep in peace . BRAVO QR

Options options options
Lets make a move from A320 somwhere where they respect human life

There is a rumor that HELL is empty this days "all devils are in ROSTERING management office" this days !

So, definitively, it is not worth to apply to QR, for A320 F/O position, isn´t it?

:confused:

loc22550
30th Apr 2009, 04:39
Well it depends what's your situation now,and what you have now..if you are jobless of course it's worth to come.
And if you have family,just make sure your family can take Doha,otherwise you might end up in a divorce soon or later..,or you will have to find a job somewhere else, unless you want to leave them behind...wich is not IMHO the best option..
All those thinks happen here so many time....
good luck:rolleyes:

luck7711
1st May 2009, 02:36
"So, definitively, it is not worth to apply to QR, for A320 F/O position, isn´t it?"
After reading everything about QR on this forum the obvious answer is NO it's not worth it.
And this forum only reveals 50% of what is going on in QR.
The airline is run by a psychopath. Best believe it.

luck7711
1st May 2009, 02:53
shneidertrophy wrote:
"dont cry out too loud that nothing can touch the 330 Tres because H.M. IS a yes man as well, and he will do whatever it takes!"

You are so right about HM. He is a phony.
What amazes me is how these individuals ascend to such positions.
H.F. = a complete joke.
H.M. = incompetent for such a position IMO.

PUPY 199
1st May 2009, 13:28
Before you post make sure you are in QR longer then few years if not this what happened .

You must know that H.M is not a ( 9 floor man ) and here is why :
-long time a go as junior Capt he was issued some warning letters by 9 floor which he did not deserve
-aske anyone why H.M brother (who is a Capt ) is not in QA
etc......

H.M has his - and his + as we all do but he is one of 3 Qatari in office and dont forget it is there country and there airline
H.M is doing job correct and as evey man he can make mistakes (arent we all do one )
As an Qatari he is super open person and you can step in his office any time ( try to remember old days when before you knock to some offices you have to think what and how will you approach a person)

Before you talk just think .
And best quality of H.M is that he dont like R.H ( keep him under control) lol lol Mr. ( why the sky is blue )

shneidertrophy
1st May 2009, 15:05
Pupy,

before you start making ASSumptions about years in the company, maybe you should think before you write.

MARK MY WORDS:

HM has an endlessly reaching ambition and he will do anything he has to to get where he wants to be!
His ambition now however has put him on the radar screen of the powers that are in this company, and his name now is on the elimination list once more. The fact that he is QATARI just makes it worse, as he poses a threat to the few Qatari in the office.

So the trap is closing and he is being set up to be kicked out any time soon. IOSA audit in June, expect BIG management change after that!

:=

ramiyns
2nd May 2009, 06:50
IT IS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT IT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE.

This motto should be on every management desk.

Some love to be important like that( R hell be) and he dose not know how to be nice.

well, the best job H M did among others is that he kicked (hell be) out.

shneidertrophy, maybe you are (r hell be)cause you are the only one so negative about H M .

FLY SAFE