PDA

View Full Version : Very cold cabin temps on A340's

leftright
13th Feb 2009, 10:36
I have flown on Air Mauritius and South African Airways A340's several times in economy from Europe, and it has ALWAYS been freezing throughout economy class, so cold that us passengers have to don our european winter jackets and most folks are buried under blankets, now I know that the cabin crew have some control over temperature but sheesh come on guys please don't let them turn it down to freezing, its extremely unpleasant. I have notified cabin staff that it's way cold but to no avail.
After landing in Mauritius before exiting at 1.1 the chief purser was there, and I took this opportunity to point out to him that most passengers were de-planning with full winter gear on, scarfs and all, I then asked him if he didn't find it strange that everyone was wearing their alpine ski jackets stepping into 30 degrees, 80% humidity......I also asked him if during his walk-about during flight he thought that it was normal for people to wear their alpine jackets and pile blankets on themsleves, ofcourse he assured me that "next time" he would take special notice......needless to say my northbound flight was yes..freeezzzing, (different crew ofcourse).

At least from cold climates we have ski jackets to don, but when flying between warm climates nobody has a ski jacket handy, the synchronised sneezing that ensues is not music to one's ears.

This is a plea to you nice and warm pilots that sit up front and have no idea of what tempreture to set for the back, please set the zone temps for night time at rest, i.e sleeping, to a minimum of 25 degrees, if the cabin crew have +-2 degress control then make it 26 degrees cause they'll surely turn it down to 24, yes they know that a cold cabin keeps folks in their seats but that doesn't mean they should freeze us in cattle truck.

It is really frustrating to step of an aeroplane with a blistering cold, no diving for two weeks, one ferked holiday thank you.

Please, please pilots take an active interest in the actual temperature at the back, your cabin crew is freezing us to death........