PDA

View Full Version : What to do next..

Therighthorse
13th Feb 2009, 01:27
I am currently enrolled in an ATPL integrated course with a European school. Currently i'm involved in training in the US, going from PPL to MEL with instrument. In these times, as uncertain as they are, what could be my options if the European provider was to shut down and go bankrupt, could I have my integrated training transfered to another european school? Ive obviously invested alot of money into this now, having the US licences is of course important, but what to do after that is starting to worry me. Also, should the worst happen to the original european provider (this is definately an issue now) what would be the cost of converting these licences elsewhere?

Regarding what to do after completing the training and converting licences, what do most people end up doing? Id obviously like to get into the airlines eventually, I'm just very stuck at the moment and don't quite know what to do next.

Id appreciate any advice anyone has to give, thankyou for your time.

student88
13th Feb 2009, 12:44
Hey - out of interest, how much of your money does this flight school have? Do you pay as you go or do they have possession of a tidy sum from you? Might be worth while keeping your hands on your money until it's needed (if that's possible).

Therighthorse
13th Feb 2009, 16:10
Theres one final payment to be made and this will cover the JAA ground school, Multi crew training course. The final payment is to be around $10,000, im just wandering 1st, can i get this cheaper elsewhere, and if so where? and 2nd will another integrated school take me as i have recieved alot of my training in an integrated program from JAA approved instructors. If this is not possible, and i have to go Modular, how much is it to convert my US licences to Europe. Its down to me trying to cover my back, ive seen one school go bankrupt already, dont want to be screwed over again!! Thanks to anyone who can help!